04-25-2017 07:16 AM
3,351 ... 5556575859 ...
tools
    Attached is my cell reception and as suspected this has to be the reason for battery issues for me when at home.

Take a look at my home vs road signal and battery drain. No question this is the issue.

My company ordered me a 3g cell range extender which is plug and play. Verizon doesn't have an extender for 4g unless I want to get on my roof and start drilling holes and using cables.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-460.jpg  
    09-11-2015 02:48 PM
    So I set it to turn on at 15%. I'm assuming even though the icon shows it's selected it's going to not be actually on until that level? Drop down is what will tell me it's on correct in notifications?

yes that is correct even though it shows its on its not really on until the battery gets to 15%.
    09-11-2015 03:53 PM
    I received the Spigen Slim Armor Gun Metal grey case today. Case is very nice. But after I put it on I noticed a VERY steep drop in battery life. So I checked GSM and cell standby is the highest it's been since I gotten phone 11 days ago.

Wondering if cases can interfere with cell signal? Back of the phone was much warmer than I've had it before.

I took it off and replaced with the Samsung original clear case (not S View clear just the clear back with nothing on face) which I also like since it's very thin and looks great.

Just don't know if cases can interfere with signal especially if my signal is already low to begin with.

09-11-2015 04:59 PM
    hmm interested in this as well as i have a spigen clear ultra hybrid case on mine.
    09-11-2015 05:01 PM
    I received the Spigen Slim Armor Gun Metal grey case today. Case is very nice. But after I put it on I noticed a VERY steep drop in battery life. So I checked GSM and cell standby is the highest it's been since I gotten phone 11 days ago.

Wondering if cases can interfere with cell signal? Back of the phone was much warmer than I've had it before.

I took it off and replaced with the Samsung original clear case (not S View clear just the clear back with nothing on face) which I also like since it's very thin and looks great.

Just don't know if cases can interfere with signal especially if my signal is already low to begin with.

If it's metal it can. It works as a Faraday cage and prevents most electromagnetic waves from entering

Yep I've gone through years of smartphones just turn my note into my very first Nokia dumbphone. That's what people are asserting of us so it must be true!

from my smexy Note 5
    09-11-2015 05:39 PM
    If it's metal it can. It works as a Faraday cage and prevents most electromagnetic waves from entering

Yep I've gone through years of smartphones just turn my note into my very first Nokia dumbphone. That's what people are asserting of us so it must be true!

from my smexy Note 5
    Well the version I have has a partial metal back with the TPU underlayment. It's not that thick but wondering if it interfered with the signal.

I'll have to run experiments on it. Like the case.

09-11-2015 06:44 PM
    Has anyone else noted that the last 30-20 % battery seems to last twice as long as the first 20%?

I am going to test wireless chargers at Verizon to see if this is worth keeping. My Qi charger at home from Verizon won't charge my N5 unless I strip off my case. Wireless charging is a reason I switched from my Note 3.

When I first used Shutapp, it closed 25 applications. Even with re-boot, I have never found more than 4 in the last five or so days. Only one built in/stock item pops up on a regular basis, some text to speech, or language item. I think everyone should install Shutapp at least temporarily at the beginning.

I get SOT time of 6 hours with 10% left. 2 hours left for run time. Cell standby is only 6%, Screen 17%, and Programs 20%. Total run hours 20h, 2m since 6pm yesterday.

YMMV
    09-11-2015 07:12 PM
    My battery has gotten so much better today I disconnected my phone at 7:30 am and I used it heavily and got over 5 hours of screen on time streaming videos and constantly Web surfing and checking email,at 6 pm it was at 15% so that is good for me

I also got package disabler and disabled the bloat ware I don't use .

Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-752.jpg  
    09-11-2015 08:10 PM
    how did you make it better? ahhh you had your wifi off try doing all that with it on different story.
    09-11-2015 08:36 PM
    how did you make it better? ahhh you had your wifi off try doing all that with it on different story.
    I don't have WiFi anymore because bright house was a joke,I have unlimited data on tmobile, yeah I have read WiFi is draining people's batteries.

When I first got the phone it dropped like 10% just from tracking my bike ride to work,and listening to music in 30 minutes so I was think of return it,but with time my battery got better,now I track my ride to work and listen to music and in 30 minutes it only goes down 1%, but I also think that the package disabler came through because I disabled all the apps I don't need and don't use it feel my batteries has gotten better.

09-11-2015 08:46 PM
    My battery has gotten so much better today I disconnected my phone at 7:30 am and I used it heavily and got over 5 hours of screen on time streaming videos and constantly Web surfing and checking email,at 6 pm it was at 15% so that is good for me

I also got package disabler and disabled the bloat ware I don't use .

Might be to many apps disabled 123?

Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-screenshot_2015-09-11-23-55-09.jpg  
    09-11-2015 10:59 PM
    Might be to many apps disabled 123?

I wanted to disabled as many apps as possible just to keep the apps I need and use,but I also don't want to disable apps that will cause issues, is your phone operating smooth with all those 123 apps disabled?

09-11-2015 11:06 PM
    I just enabled about 12 couple I used... Little stutter when open app drawer

09-11-2015 11:40 PM
    Everything smooth now after I enabled couple apps that had android face logo, I'm assuming system apps

09-11-2015 11:54 PM
    I love this darn phone lol. I mean, I loved my S6 too but with this better performing battery, it makes the experience so much dang better!!

I haven't done anything special except for disabling the ATT bloatware. Using Nova Prime and Aurora icon pack.

Today I watched the movie American Sniper which is over 2 hours and still came close to 7 hours SOT. Not bad at all.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5
    Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-screenshot_2015-09-11-20-39-19.jpg  
    Carlos Reyes4 likes this.
    09-11-2015 11:57 PM
    Everything smooth now after I enabled couple apps that had android face logo, I'm assuming system apps

Yeah the cool thing about the package disabler is you just have to uncheck the apps and they run fine again.

09-12-2015 01:18 AM
    One thing I'm noticing is fast charging isn't as fast no more ... Imma put my phone down and make sure I'm rite lol.. 53mins till full from 45%?

Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-3198.jpg  
    09-12-2015 01:56 AM
    And all my screen shots come up blurry for 2 secs then get clear... I might gotta dump this app, or enable more key settings lol

09-12-2015 01:58 AM
    Battery is better than note 4, from 7 am 100% till 5 pm 27% left.
    09-12-2015 08:31 AM
    My smart network has been off since day one. I suppose I could try turning it on. I might do that tomorrow and see.
    No, that is something you want off. I posted about turning that off and the WiFi scanning off, earlier in the thread.
    09-12-2015 09:02 AM
    Attached is my cell reception and as suspected this has to be the reason for battery issues for me when at home.

Take a look at my home vs road signal and battery drain. No question this is the issue.

My company ordered me a 3g cell range extender which is plug and play. Verizon doesn't have an extender for 4g unless I want to get on my roof and start drilling holes and using cables.

The 3G will work fine, it will be just for your phone signal, that is what I always used with AT&T. Texting and calls would go through just fine and texting wouldn't go through WiFi. It is very slow, but doable for data if your WiFi is down for a bit. It stopped my battery drain on the Note 3 and Note 4 when I was on AT&T.
    09-12-2015 09:05 AM
    I do not think that is your issue, unless you have some weird standby drain while on WiFi, but you still are not posting information that we need to see. Without seeing info, everything is a guessing game as far as you are concerned.
    09-12-2015 09:07 AM
    One thing I'm noticing is fast charging isn't as fast no more ... Imma put my phone down and make sure I'm rite lol.. 53mins till full from 45%?

You need to go to this thread and post. Give your carrier name there and if you have contacted Samsung or not.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=576594
    09-12-2015 09:09 AM
    Does anyone know if lockscreen apps cause battery drain? I'm using Next as that lockscreen app.

Also I activated S Health today and wanted to make sure this isn't going to hurt battery life too. I wanted to keep track of steps taken and since I work out 3-4 times a week running and using elliptical machines wanted to keep track of that.

I had it active on my iPhone 6+ and didn't make a dent in battery performance.

09-12-2015 09:12 AM
    I just typed a huge reply that disappeared and I can't type it all back right now. I will have to do that in a little while.

For those having the issue of LTE not turning off with WiFi and causing high standby:

Who is your internet provider?
    What router do you have?
    09-12-2015 09:34 AM
3,351 ... 5556575859 ...