04-25-2017 07:16 AM
3,351 ... 5657585960 ...
tools
    at home I have comcast and ASUS router, but I also have the issue at work and both are different..??
    09-12-2015 10:52 AM
    plz my phone run out of battery so fast !
    i just bought it yesterday download some apps
    after downloading it drops about 1% every 5 min or 4 min
    while wifi is on and opening facebook messenger !
    does this look normal ?!
    09-12-2015 01:18 PM
    Can you help me in my problem?im using 4g network and casually use facebook,9gag and othe social media apps most of the time.and i loce games,online games that requires network.so my battery drains so fast.as i am typing this reply my bat goes from 84 to 83 percent and draining..what do you think should my settings or the right way of using battery efficiently??
    Notw.howndo o attach a screnshot,i would like to give you a gsm battery monitor screenshot,thought it might help.

82%
    09-12-2015 02:38 PM
    I was able to download PDP, but I need to backup apps first. I want to disable the bloatware all of it and the packages listed from the XDA Development forum. I need to know which app will work best for a NON rooted phone.
    09-12-2015 02:45 PM
    I just typed a huge reply that disappeared and I can't type it all back right now. I will have to do that in a little while.

For those having the issue of LTE not turning off with WiFi and causing high standby:

Who is your internet provider?
    What router do you have?
    Verizon with Verizon router they provided

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-12-2015 03:01 PM
    Cell standby is killing my battery life. Last time I checked, cell standby was at 25% and my screen was only at 3%. Coming from an LG G2, the massive drop in battery life with the Note 5 is really jarring.
    09-12-2015 06:34 PM
    Download doze app this app runs in the background. I had the same problem during standby with battery drain, another thing I noticed the battery needs to be drained and recharged a couple of times. This has made a drastic change to my battery life problems. I am not using any power saving but I have disabled "Android Device Manager" this can be found under device administrators. Location history in Google is the biggest battery drainer make sure location history is switched off so phone does not track you through the day.

My battery drain was so bad that I actually exchanged my Note 5 for a new one at AT&T. My new phone was the same, with the same poor battery life. I changed the above settings now I am left with around 40 to 45% battery at the end of my long day. My day usually starts at 04:30am I get out of bed and take my phone off charge. I plug my phone back on charge at around 21:30pm. I usually use my phone for texting around 100 messages and using Google chrome through out my day and about 2 hours of phone calls. I am not a very heavy user but hope this info is helpful.... Thanks
    09-12-2015 07:18 PM
    I was able to download PDP, but I need to backup apps first. I want to disable the bloatware all of it and the packages listed from the XDA Development forum. I need to know which app will work best for a NON rooted phone.
    All the Note 5's are non rooted
    SwaggerMD likes this.
    09-12-2015 09:35 PM
    All the Note 5's are non rooted
    Right, the Package Disabler Pro says to backup apps first. I'm wanting to know what would be a good recommendation for an App to backup and restore apps. I'm looking for specifically backing up Apps. I already use the cloud to sync and backup files, contacts, music, video.
    09-12-2015 09:51 PM
    Right, the Package Disabler Pro says to backup apps first. I'm wanting to know what would be a good recommendation for an App to backup and restore apps. I'm looking for specifically backing up Apps. I already use the cloud to sync and backup files, contacts, music, video.
    It depends on what stuff you intend on disabling. I didn't go and disable hundreds of things and I didn't back up anything.

Myself if it was going to back up apps, I would use Smart Switch on my computer to back them up. Also don't delete any of them, you don't get that space back if you uninstall them.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    09-12-2015 10:11 PM
    My battery right now...like McDonald's I'm loving it!
    Note 5 Battery life thread-uploadfromtaptalk1442128555703.jpg
    Note 5 Battery life thread-uploadfromtaptalk1442128566500.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5!
    09-13-2015 02:17 AM
    I just typed a huge reply that disappeared and I can't type it all back right now. I will have to do that in a little while.

For those having the issue of LTE not turning off with WiFi and causing high standby:

Who is your internet provider?
    What router do you have?
    Asus RT-AC68U at home and Linksys EA6500 at work. Charter Cable inet, 60 down 5up. Usually excellent connection to the inet
    09-13-2015 05:14 AM
    Mod Note - Please keep the thread on topic. No need for random attacks / mocking of people getting help & helping others.

Thanks.
    ClintRo and ladyc0524 like this.
    09-13-2015 10:58 AM
    Just got my note 5 last Friday and battery life for the first 24hrs are quiet good.

Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-75.jpg   Note 5 Battery life thread-74.jpg  
    09-13-2015 11:07 AM
    It's interesting you are satisfied with that battery life. I guess whether you're happy with the battery life depends on what you're used to. My LG G2 was getting 7+ hours of screen on time on day one and it used virtually no battery when idle.
    09-13-2015 11:25 AM
    If you are just disabling apps, no need to backup first. You can simply enable the apps through the app if you need them again.

Backup is only required when you uninstall apps.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    09-13-2015 12:15 PM
    Note 5 Battery life thread-uploadfromtaptalk1442169000145.jpg

Happy here

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5
    09-13-2015 01:30 PM
    Just over 5hrs of use on the battery clock of my Note 5 so far today with and estimate 9hrs left according to the phone. I'm right at 88% battery. That's with Bluetooth on and connected to my Gear S and low power Location Services enabled.

VERY impressed with the Package Disabler app. VERY Happy that it's so simple to use. I won't upgrade an OS without this app being able to run. I've killed all the useless bloat and apps that came with the phone for a more streamlined look and definitely more efficient interface.
    njshoremom4gurlz likes this.
    09-13-2015 02:01 PM
    Which would have better battery the edge + or note 5?
    I am debating between both and I don't use the s pen MUCH never did w the note 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-13-2015 03:44 PM
    Thanks for letting me know about the package disabler app putting it on my husbands lgg3!
    Too much Att bloat and one + on Apple I have not one Att bloat on it BUT now I have all Apple bloat on it Lmaooo
    Can't wait to get my note 5/ OR edge +

09-13-2015 03:45 PM
    Beat my personal record last night lol... I. Sure people have gotten more...i haven't installed any battery saver... Make. Sure ur on a good wifi connection or LTE
    Note 5 Battery life thread-uploadfromtaptalk1442179477341.jpg

Note 5 Battery life thread-uploadfromtaptalk1442179492694.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5!
    msndrstood likes this.
    09-13-2015 04:24 PM
    Just over 5hrs of use on the battery clock of my Note 5 so far today with and estimate 9hrs left according to the phone. I'm right at 88% battery. That's with Bluetooth on and connected to my Gear S and low power Location Services enabled.

VERY impressed with the Package Disabler app. VERY Happy that it's so simple to use. I won't upgrade an OS without this app being able to run. I've killed all the useless bloat and apps that came with the phone for a more streamlined look and definitely more efficient interface.
    OK. I'm considering this now although I've read that when system updates occur you need to reinstall everything again? Question is its non root but do I need to connect to to laptop to get something on the phone first?

09-13-2015 04:30 PM
    OK. I'm considering this now although I've read that when system updates occur you need to reinstall everything again? Question is its non root but do I need to connect to to laptop to get something on the phone first?

Converting back before an upgrade is a snap. No need to connect. All done on phone. At 78% now but been out and about all day. Up today at 8am. No charges.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A
    09-13-2015 04:47 PM
    Which would have better battery the edge + or note 5?
    I am debating between both and I don't use the s pen MUCH never did w the note 2

They're virtually identical as far as hardware goes. I'd take the Note over the Edge+ simply because the Edge+ screen is going to be easier to damage because of it's shape.
    njshoremom4gurlz likes this.
    09-13-2015 05:06 PM
    It's interesting you are satisfied with that battery life. I guess whether you're happy with the battery life depends on what you're used to. My LG G2 was getting 7+ hours of screen on time on day one and it used virtually no battery when idle.
    Sorta like trading in a prius for a corvette and then saying crap my old car got better mileage! Lol.
    09-13-2015 06:24 PM
3,351 ... 5657585960 ...