04-25-2017 07:16 AM
3,351 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I'm not a power user so to speak but standby on the iPhone is amazing. I've gotten 72 hours. This will be nowhere close

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    08-18-2015 10:07 PM
    Roberto, a quick question.

How much usable storage is on your phone?

I see some folks saying that Best Buy display units have 15GB of usable storage on the 32GB variant, which I hope is only due to the crap they load onto display units.
    I used to work for Best Buy Mobile and I can tell you from experience that it is just the display units. There is custom demo software installed on the unit that takes up a significant amount of space.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-18-2015 10:24 PM
    First full weekend with the Note 5. I can report battery life has been....................better than expected. Standby time seems to be pretty solid. With the phone off, the battery stays fairly level which was not the case with my GS6. Maybe its 5.1? dont know. Today is the first full day of work so I can comment further later. Good to see that Samsung seems to have done some good work optimizing this thing.
    Well???

08-18-2015 11:47 PM
    They need to ota this power optimization to us s6 / edge users!

Posted on my Galaxy S6 edge (S is for Super) via the Android Central App
    AT&T did. I have posted it all over the S6 Edge boards. the stage fright fix (if thats what it was) nearly doubled my battery life. Note 5 Battery life thread-screenshot_2015-08-18-19-38-44.jpg

at 65% 17 hours off charger. key things, cell standby has been fixed ( and android sys )
    homestead and TenshiNo like this.
    08-19-2015 12:43 AM

This is where I'm at after 4 days. Still averaging very good times. More than happy here
    Beautiful.

Can you comment on your app usage, screen brightness, what you have turned on/disabled as far as location services, Google services, etc...
    stanleybb50 and Aquila like this.
    08-19-2015 08:13 AM
    Well???

Well, its been 4 full days. I wont say I am getting outstanding battery life but I think its going to be good enough to give up my GS6A. I am seeing about 5% battery drain per hour on average. That holds up pretty well for me. I always want the best battery life which is why I really like my Active. But the screen and finger print scanner are enough for me to sacrifice the longevity that can be achieved with a battery that is 3500 Mah. Standby time continues to impress. If I am not touching the phone, I see barely any discharge.

My usage is pretty much the same every day. About 1.5 hours of SOT. 100-150 emails from work and gmail. Assorted text messages. A couple of Clash of Clan attacks and few you tube videos. Nothing is turned off and I work in a pretty good signal area. Usually around 3-4 bars of LTE.
    Aquila likes this.
    08-19-2015 09:16 AM
    Well, its been 4 full days. I wont say I am getting outstanding battery life but I think its going to be good enough to give up my GS6A. I am seeing about 5% battery drain per hour on average. That holds up pretty well for me. I always want the best battery life which is why I really like my Active. But the screen and finger print scanner are enough for me to sacrifice the longevity that can be achieved with a battery that is 3500 Mah. Standby time continues to impress. If I am not touching the phone, I see barely any discharge.

My usage is pretty much the same every day. About 1.5 hours of SOT. 100-150 emails from work and gmail. Assorted text messages. A couple of Clash of Clan attacks and few you tube videos. Nothing is turned off and I work in a pretty good signal area. Usually around 3-4 bars of LTE.
    1.5 hours of screen on time is terrible.......
    dyster01 likes this.
    08-19-2015 10:13 AM
    Terrible that he only uses it for 1.5 hours... or what? not sure what you are saying here.
    08-19-2015 10:20 AM
    This isn't a good sign as I have an iPhone 6+ and a Galaxy Note 4 and I get better battery life from my Note than from my 6+.

I'm quite the opposite. My battery life on the Note 4 was horrible, but the iPhone 6+ is phenomenal. So it's a little discouraging that the original poster "The Neighbor" says the Note 5 is awful. Seems like we use our phones very similar.
    jdfry15 likes this.
    08-19-2015 10:27 AM
    Terrible that he only uses it for 1.5 hours... or what? not sure what you are saying here.
    Terrible that he only gets 1.5 hours of screen on time.. Unless his total battery time is like 50 hours or something.
    08-19-2015 10:29 AM
    Battery life so far seems on par with the Note 4.
    08-19-2015 10:35 AM
    Terrible that he only gets 1.5 hours of screen on time.. Unless his total battery time is like 50 hours or something.
    I guess the total time and remaining percentage is the question then.

Sent from my Note 4.
    08-19-2015 10:56 AM
    1.5 hours of screen on time is terrible.......
    It's not terrible for me. It's completely in line for what I have traditionally got using any phone. I don't know how anybody get 4 hours if screen on time. Never understood how can look at your phone for that long during a day anyway. I suppose it's all about what you use your phone for.

Just to put it in context. My phone comes off the charger at 6 am and gets plugged in at 930 or 10 at night. Almost no WiFi usuage during the weekdays.

ladyc0524 likes this.
    08-19-2015 11:22 AM
    Almost no WiFi usuage during the weekdays.
    If you have a good LTE signal during the day it will use about the same as WiFi on battery drain. Only weak LTE signals hurt it.
    geekaren and johnriii like this.
    08-19-2015 11:26 AM
    I'll give an update on my battery life.

Sunday and Monday are usually my, forget the phone, do things around the house, watch sports, read, etc... so I really don't use my phone a lot during that time.

With that said, I let the phone run down to 19% (I have a charger at work if I need one), and got 2 days 6 hours of battery life, with 2 hours 40 minutes of screen time.

I have all the location services on. I use cellular signal on AT&T. I have google voice turned off (I have never used it, nor want to). Screen brightness is around 25-30%.

I've also used the phone as a normal workday, and have gotten 5 hours screen time, and still had 20% battery life left. :shrugs: For me, this phone is going to work out great. I came from the Nexus 6, which doesn't have an SD card or removable battery, and have learned how to do without those things.

Enjoy all!
    08-19-2015 11:35 AM
    I'll give an update on my battery life.

Sunday and Monday are usually my, forget the phone, do things around the house, watch sports, read, etc... so I really don't use my phone a lot during that time.

With that said, I let the phone run down to 19% (I have a charger at work if I need one), and got 2 days 6 hours of battery life, with 2 hours 40 minutes of screen time.

I have all the location services on. I use cellular signal on AT&T. I have google voice turned off (I have never used it, nor want to). Screen brightness is around 25-30%.

I've also used the phone as a normal workday, and have gotten 5 hours screen time, and still had 20% battery life left. :shrugs: For me, this phone is going to work out great. I came from the Nexus 6, which doesn't have an SD card or removable battery, and have learned how to do without those things.

Enjoy all!
    Good news.

By Google Voice, do you mean like the "Ok, Google" features? Do you have Google Now off completely?
    08-19-2015 11:39 AM
    Good news.

By Google Voice, do you mean like the "Ok, Google" features? Do you have Google Now off completely?
    Yes, the "Ok google".
    08-19-2015 11:46 AM
    Here's a screenshot of today's usage.

Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-843.jpg  
    08-19-2015 12:03 PM
    Today is my first real test with the battery. I took it off the charger at 7:30 AM. I have talked on 3 10 minute calls, surfed the web, checked my fb account, check my IG account, received/sent about 200 text, received/sent about 20 emails and right now the battery meter is showing 79 percent. I also have my screen set to the highest level and to go out after 15 seconds.
    08-19-2015 12:48 PM
    Today is my first real test with the battery. I took it off the charger at 7:30 AM. I have talked on 3 10 minute calls, surfed the web, checked my fb account, check my IG account, received/sent about 200 text, received/sent about 20 emails and right now the battery meter is showing 79 percent. I also have my screen set to the highest level and to go out after 15 seconds.
    What time is it there right now? EST?

Lol

Sent from my Note 4.
    racedog likes this.
    08-19-2015 01:01 PM
    He didn't say he only got that much from his battery, he was just saying that was his usage.
    ClintRo likes this.
    08-19-2015 01:04 PM
    Here's a screenshot of today's usage.

Yikes..
    08-19-2015 01:23 PM
    LOL. I must be doing something wrong. Like I mentioned earlier, this is in line with every android phone I have used. If it was my GS6, it would discharging at 7-8% per hour.
    08-19-2015 01:37 PM
    LOL. I must be doing something wrong. Like I mentioned earlier, this is in line with every android phone I have used. If it was my GS6, it would discharging at 7-8% per hour.
    Well it appears bluetooth was on the whole time, were you even using it?

Do you have wifi on for scanning in the background?

Do you have Google Now always listening on?

Do you have your emails constantly syncing?
    08-19-2015 01:56 PM
    Yikes..
    Is that a good Yikes? or a bad yikes? LOL

With that screen shot looks like the N5 will hit 23-24 hours and a total screen on time of 2 hours. that isn't too bad. I would like to see more screen time, but who knows.
    08-19-2015 02:00 PM
3,351 ... 45678 ...