04-25-2017 07:16 AM
3,351 ... 6061626364 ...
tools
    can you please show us which ones you have disabled?

Is it ok to disable yahoo live weather,galaxy apps,galaxy apps widget,and app source?

what do you mean by optimized their notifications for your use?
    Why do you want to disable these things? Do you not use any Samsung apps? Are you using the stock clock widget?

The way you are going about this, your phone is not going to be working well at all. You can't know the average battery on your phone, you are just disabling the gd here and there. Just disabling something because it is there and you don't think you use it, is not the way to go.

Galaxy Apps shouldn't be an issue for you. If you have it set to auto update at any time, then it could be an issue in constantly checking to see if you need an update.

I don't have all that disabled and I'm not having battery issues. We still have no idea of your phone signal.
    09-18-2015 02:40 PM
    Is there any reason Why there is a considerable difference between a Verizon Note 5 and a T-mobile, as far as battery life, I have a Verizon and my battery last all day +, I had it in use for 14 hours and was still at 50% , my friend had his T-mobile note 5 we unplugged them within 5 mins of one another and his phone was below 10% at 430 ???
    I have T-Mobile and my battery is fine all day. His would have to be settings he has.
    09-18-2015 02:44 PM
    I don't know this for a fact but my theory on why the T-MO version of the note 5 gets worse than the Verizon model is because TMO's coverage isn't as expansive as Verizon's. I saw this first hand. I initially purchased the note 5 from TMO and in my area ( which is not out in the sticks by any stretch - less than 10 miles away from a major city) my cell standby time was always at the top of the list of hitting my battery the most. I returned that back to TMO and bought the same phone through Verizon and its a night and day difference in battery life. I wanted to give TMO another chance and it didn't work out for me.
    I never have cell standby shoe up on my phone unless I turn in WiFi calling or I don't use my phone and it idles for a day or two m
    09-18-2015 02:45 PM
    This is another example in what carrier bloat can do. This t-mobile app for some reason keeps waking my phone. This provides no functionality to me so I will disable it.

Sent from my smexy T-Mobile Note 5
    The T-Mobile app now tracks location, I disabled it also.

The Facebook app is behaving how it always has. You can crop that screenshot, go to "something isn't working right" in the app and send a bug report with those wake locks connected. They won't have a good category to report that to, just pick one and put it under that category. I do know they read those reports.
    09-18-2015 02:49 PM
    Help me fix the Cell Standby. It improved today but I would like it a bit less

Posted via the Android Central App
    You have a low signal..
    09-18-2015 02:55 PM
    Im getting higher cell standby and android system usage all of the sudden. I don't know if its from the last update but I haven't changed any setting.
    at 60% battery remaining with android system using 16%, cell standby 7% and screen 4% with on time of 2h30m.
    You did an update from your carrier?

I always do a wipe cache after an update, unless it is a full update (5 to 5.1 or to 6) then I do a reset.
    09-18-2015 02:57 PM
    When I grab this phone I am most def getting that app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-18-2015 07:06 PM
    The T-Mobile app now tracks location, I disabled it also.

The Facebook app is behaving how it always has. You can crop that screenshot, go to "something isn't working right" in the app and send a bug report with those wake locks connected. They won't have a good category to report that to, just pick one and put it under that category. I do know they read those reports.
    That explains it! Thanks!

Sent from my smexy T-Mobile Note 5
    09-18-2015 08:05 PM
    It looks pretty good, I guess.

Note 5 Battery life thread-uploadfromtaptalk1442635951552.jpg
    09-18-2015 11:12 PM
    Having the same issue that many others on here are having. Has a good fix been discovered, or is this a bug that requires a patch?
    Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-cell-services.jpg  
    09-19-2015 08:42 AM
    So it's losing at least 30% in standby, and maybe I've read too many posts about iPhones not losing so much when the screen is off, but this is a problem to me. I don't think I should be losing 10% in two hours and 30+% in 7-8 hours. I have all the necessary things turned off, I even reinstalled shutapp and doze just to see if it could regulate the draining. I think my coverage is fine in my house for the majority of the time, so I guess I'll now join the ranks in asking, how can we stop this?
    Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-1442671267510.jpg  
    09-19-2015 09:01 AM
    Remove that battery optimizer and see if that helps the Android System go down. Of not, there is something else running up your Android System.

Do not run any battery savers, battery optimizers, task killers, etc. You will create more problems.
    Speaking of Task Killers.... Opening the Smart Manager, I clicked Storage and is says Powered by Clean Master. What is Clean Master doing in the OS? I used to have that as an app with a previous phone and uninstalled it.
    09-19-2015 09:22 AM
    Speaking of Task Killers.... Opening the Smart Manager, I clicked Storage and is says Powered by Clean Master. What is Clean Master doing in the OS? I used to have that as an app with a previous phone and uninstalled it.
    T-Mobile partnered with Clean Master it seems. I use it as a battery and ram notifier but don't touch it otherwise. If you want to clean up your phone I'd recommend CCleaner.
    drone3 and dllrogers55 like this.
    09-19-2015 09:33 AM
    So it's losing at least 30% in standby, and maybe I've read too many posts about iPhones not losing so much when the screen is off, but this is a problem to me. I don't think I should be losing 10% in two hours and 30+% in 7-8 hours. I have all the necessary things turned off, I even reinstalled shutapp and doze just to see if it could regulate the draining. I think my coverage is fine in my house for the majority of the time, so I guess I'll now join the ranks in asking, how can we stop this?
    How many accounts are you syncing? Are you periodically syncing photos and other information to Google Photos or cloud storage?
    09-19-2015 09:34 AM
    My iPhone 6 plus had great standby battery. But with a catch. As soon as you start using the phone, the drain ends up being almost twice as fast.

AlexMarie15 likes this.
    09-19-2015 09:54 AM
    Another possibility: Is this a hardware issue? My wife got the same phone on the same day and she doesn't have this issue at all, despite us having similar apps installed.
    09-19-2015 10:31 AM
    I was shocked at the results as well! I was willing to give it a shot after lollipop destroyed my m8 battery life. I'm glad that I did! I will definitely need to see how it changes during the work week before I make any final judgments, but so far so good.

Are you sure there was not another issue besides Lollipop? I'm having 37% to spare after two full days, and better than 6 hours SOT since the Lollipop update on the M8.
    clickerman likes this.
    09-19-2015 02:32 PM
    I know my drain is caused by an app I install. I don't know which, but I need them all and the short standby hasn't been bad enough for me to fix yet. Worst case power saver usually extends it
    09-19-2015 04:15 PM
    How many accounts are you syncing? Are you periodically syncing photos and other information to Google Photos or cloud storage?
    Last time I checked, only photos, chrome, and maybe one other thing are on auto sync. It just started happening, but I think my culprit is the same as my note 4's: my home wifi. I'm going to try it sitting idle again with wifi off and see how it does.
    09-19-2015 05:26 PM
    So I am noticing that my battery is draining Pretty quick. Is there something that I should check?

09-19-2015 09:04 PM
    Much better improvement. I don't know what I did today.

Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-579.jpg  
    09-19-2015 10:02 PM
    My best performance by far. Only about 3hr screen on time tho.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    09-19-2015 10:40 PM
    My iPhone 6 plus had great standby battery. But with a catch. As soon as you start using the phone, the drain ends up being almost twice as fast.

Agreed. I noticed the same. If screen was off the battery would go forever. When using it drained faster. So in the end the battery here is about the same.. I go 12-14 hours of moderate to heavy use and have 5-10% left. Same for 6+

AlexMarie15 likes this.
    09-20-2015 12:04 AM
    Just tossed my phone on the charger not too long ago. One day at work. One day of relaxation. Not really any heavy use. Just random web searches. Lots of chatting on FB Messenger. The newest has worn off so now I use it like I do every other phone I've had. I think the phone will do just fine for ME.

Note 5 Battery life thread-screenshot_2015-09-20-00-47-23f.jpg
    09-20-2015 12:30 AM
    I disabled clean master using the package installer. I'm not happy about T-Mobile pitting that crap on our phones.
    dllrogers55 likes this.
    09-20-2015 12:51 PM
3,351 ... 6061626364 ...