04-25-2017 07:16 AM
3,351 ... 6768697071 ...
tools
    Its much interesting. Mine ATT wont last for 12hrs
    10-02-2015 09:58 PM
    Hmm I'm on AT&T as well here's some screen shots of my battery haven't used Hardcore but have made texting and lots of gplus and Tapatalk browsing, do you get anything like this.
    https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10...5044b6d437.jpg

https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10...42f913f1eb.jpg

Running On Samsung Galaxy Note 5 N920A
    Nope, mine starts at the top and then drops all the way to about 8 or 9pm That night. Past few days I can't get over 10 hours. I work most of the time remote from home and so I answer texts, emails, do light browsing. I made two phone calls today. Normally, I listen to Spotify all day, but I have my Surface PRO 3 for listening to it.
    10-02-2015 10:10 PM
    Gsam battery Pro why the hell did I pay money for it? Useless. Yestereday shows I have 5 hours 22 minutes of SOT when system shows 1 hour 46 mins.
    Today it shows 22 hours of SOT WTF? I tried changing to since last unplugged/ fully charged. Makes no difference.
    10-03-2015 08:34 AM
    Gsam battery Pro why the hell did I pay money for it? Useless. Yestereday shows I have 5 hours 22 minutes of SOT when system shows 1 hour 46 mins.
    Today it shows 22 hours of SOT WTF? I tried changing to since last unplugged/ fully charged. Makes no difference.
    There are settings on Gsam that can change what it shows you, it might be showing you all time usage since installing or something.
    10-03-2015 08:42 AM
    My wife's Note 5 (Verizon) is getting terrible battery time. I see this isn't unique, but I also see some people getting good battery time. Has anyone compiled a list of things to tweak/check (aside from Power Save modes)?

Here's the battery yesterday after arriving at work with a full charge

10-03-2015 11:15 AM
    My wife's Note 5 (Verizon) is getting terrible battery time. I see this isn't unique, but I also see some people getting good battery time. Has anyone compiled a list of things to tweak/check (aside from Power Save modes)?

Here's the battery yesterday after arriving at work with a full charge

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Y...2-14-48-05.png

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-C...2-14-48-12.png

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-m...2-14-48-23.png
    11% in 3 hours isn't terrible, especially with that kind of cell signal.

Cell signal seems to be the most common thing (also maybe a wifi bug). I moved from somewhere with medium-ish signal to crazy low signal. I thought my battery was bad before, but now it's just stupid. When I go into town my battery lasts much longer. I in fact just tried a total wipe yesterday and it didn't change anything.

Bottom line: fix your signal!
    10-03-2015 12:52 PM
    Not sure why it GSam says 11%, the actual usage was 42% (look at status bar)
    10-03-2015 01:08 PM
    Not sure why it GSam says 11%, the actual usage was 42% (look at status bar)
    From icons I don't think you are using WiFi... But that's the biggest problem with Verizon phones... To the point I have not put WiFi on in a month. My wife uses WiFi because she is on limited data... But gets horrible battery life.

By having WiFi on... I was losing 6-7% over night on idle. I turned WiFi off and that usage went down to maybe at most 1% an hour on idle overnight. Nothing else changed... Still have advanced calling, visual voicemail, Instagram etc. Battery life on my phone is amazing. Light to medium use... I can go 2 days (48 hours atleast) and with medium to heavy use... I still get at least a day.

My wife on the other hand gets horrible battery life but can't put WiFi off as she is on tiered data. I had hoped Verizon would have fixed this by now.. But no go.

I am not even sure if you have WiFi on... So not sure if that's the problem on ur end.
    10-03-2015 02:47 PM
    A reboot solved my large battery drain yesterday. I then switched from 5GHz AC to 2.4GHz it has dropped my battery draw down to 2-5% an hour. Still not ideal, but much better than the 10-15% an hour yesterday.
    10-03-2015 03:36 PM
    Hm.

My phone to this point was totally okay temperature-wise when fast-charging. Mid 90s temps as per GSam.

Last few days it's been going up over 100, now at 104.

Any reason this could be?
    10-03-2015 04:34 PM
    Hm.

My phone to this point was totally okay temperature-wise when fast-charging. Mid 90s temps as per GSam.

Last few days it's been going up over 100, now at 104.

Any reason this could be?
    Could be anything. That temp is totally acceptable.
    10-03-2015 04:40 PM
    Yeah it's not going up to 117 or anything but just weird since it started happening in the last couple days like that. Wondered if anything might be off.
    10-03-2015 04:43 PM
    Some app or even the update could be causing it to run a bit higher. Also I find when I reset, a phone will run a bit hotter the first one or two times I charge it.
    10-03-2015 05:33 PM
    I recently purchased a Verizon Galaxy Note 5 after having horrible lag with my Note 4.
    The Note 5 is much faster, but the battery life has been terrible.
    I'm only able to get about 12 hours of battery life per charge.
    I tried clicking on the battery graph to view more detailed info, but it does not display any additional info, like all other Android phones. Not sure if Samsung or Verizon has crippled that feature.
    After having issues with my Note 4, and now my Note 5, I'm seriously thinking of going with another brand.
    10-03-2015 07:17 PM
    I recently purchased a Verizon Galaxy Note 5 after having horrible lag with my Note 4.
    The Note 5 is much faster, but the battery life has been terrible.
    I'm only able to get about 12 hours of battery life per charge.
    I tried clicking on the battery graph to view more detailed info, but it does not display any additional info, like all other Android phones. Not sure if Samsung or Verizon has crippled that feature.
    After having issues with my Note 4, and now my Note 5, I'm seriously thinking of going with another brand.
    If you have WiFi on... Turn that off.
    10-03-2015 07:33 PM
    Note 5 Battery life thread-uploadfromtaptalk1443939207808.jpgNote 5 Battery life thread-uploadfromtaptalk1443939214806.jpg

I have checkes all setting everything is fine. But the bug wont go away
    10-04-2015 01:14 AM

I have checkes all setting everything is fine. But the bug wont go away
    Your battery is fine.
    10-04-2015 01:29 AM
    Your battery is fine.
    You still dont understand what im on about? Yes battery is okay not great 4 hours sot on average.
    I paid money for pro version of gsam. It shows me 27 hours and 25 minutes of screen on time since last full charge which was few hours ago and still have 66% left. Does that make sense?

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
    10-04-2015 06:31 AM
    You still dont understand what im on about? Yes battery is okay not great 4 hours sot on average.
    I paid money for pro version of gsam. It shows me 27 hours and 25 minutes of screen on time since last full charge which was few hours ago and still have 66% left. Does that make sense?

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
    I don't pay attention to that. I look at the percent loss.

Have you contacted the developer?
    10-04-2015 07:16 AM
    So I've been using Shutapp now for last month and love it.

Yesterday for some reason it wouldn't shut the apps like it had been by tapping the bubble. So I restarted phone and tried again and suddenly there were 5 apps it refused to close.

I did a cache clean and tried again and some result.

I then removed the app, reinstalled, and tried again. No dice!!

Now I could have just deleted it and left it deleted but noticed my phone was hot and knew apps that I didn't want open were running now with no way for me to stop them easily.

So I actually did an entire factory reset which I HATE DOING because I then I have to configure my phone all over again.

Anyone else run into an issue like this with Shutapp?

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-04-2015 07:20 AM
    Pretty upset on how bad battery life has gotten. Went to bed at around 82%...

Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-1287.jpg  
    10-04-2015 08:52 AM
    At 23 % so far heres what i got on battery life

Running On Samsung Galaxy Note 5 N920A
    kj11 likes this.
    10-04-2015 08:56 AM
    Pretty upset on how bad battery life has gotten. Went to bed at around 82%...

Do you have Verizon by any chance and do you have WiFi on during sleep?
    10-04-2015 01:22 PM
    So I've been using Shutapp now for last month and love it.

Yesterday for some reason it wouldn't shut the apps like it had been by tapping the bubble. So I restarted phone and tried again and suddenly there were 5 apps it refused to close.

I did a cache clean and tried again and some result.

I then removed the app, reinstalled, and tried again. No dice!!

Now I could have just deleted it and left it deleted but noticed my phone was hot and knew apps that I didn't want open were running now with no way for me to stop them easily.

So I actually did an entire factory reset which I HATE DOING because I then I have to configure my phone all over again.

Anyone else run into an issue like this with Shutapp?

My ShutApp has been working just fine.
    10-04-2015 01:23 PM
    This is the best I've ever gotten.. Battery was all the way down but I managed to squeeze every bit of life it had left into my screen on time. But point is I can get through the day and then some. For the past couple of days I can do over 5 hours easily.

Location on (no location history) , WiFi on, bunch of packages disabled. I use Google Now. Made about 50 mins worth off calls. Only thing off is sync right now because I'm home and I use Tasker to disable it on the weekends since I have laptops that can provide updates if I need it. I have Bluetooth off (Tasker turns it on when I leave home).

No ShutApp or anything like that. No Facebook. Lots of Instagram, Telegram, hangouts messages. Some YouTube, lots of Tapatalk, Reddit, Twitter, Google+.

Most of my battery loss honestly came from standby. I'm losing more than I should overnight.

I'm using an AT&T Note but with Cricket service.

Note 5 Battery life thread-uploadfromtaptalk1443983966569.jpg
    Note 5 Battery life thread-uploadfromtaptalk1443983979238.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    10-04-2015 01:46 PM
3,351 ... 6768697071 ...