04-25-2017 07:16 AM
3,351 ... 56789 ...
tools
    And on a side note.... This is Florida.... Lol Note 5 Battery life thread-uploadfromtaptalk1440013113759.jpg

Sent from my Note 4.
    08-19-2015 02:38 PM
    What time is it there right now? EST?

Lol

Sent from my Note 4.
    about 2 pm at the time of the post
    ClintRo likes this.
    08-19-2015 02:40 PM
    6.5 hours at 79% left that is pretty damn good if you ask me. Did you have the Note 4? If so is it about the same, better or worse?
    08-19-2015 02:45 PM
    Wifi and bluetooth accounted for 1% of the battery usage (according to Gsam anyway) so I dont think thats an issue. Google now listening is off.

Yeah, I think my main drain is corporate email which is always syncing. Like I said though, I am not complaining. From my experience, this battery life is decent enough. Much better than my GS6, and Note 4 was. Not as good as my Z3 or Iphone 6+.
    anon(522296) likes this.
    08-19-2015 03:06 PM
    Attachment 191573

This thing will charge your note5 0% to 50% in just 30 minutes

seems like a great new option
    Yea sounds great except 64GB Note 5 only available in black (on Verizon) and these battery packs are only available in gold and silver. Seems like one department did not coordinate with the other. Typical. Lets make the phones in black and white but the battery packs in gold and silver.
    08-19-2015 04:47 PM
    I'm quite the opposite. My battery life on the Note 4 was horrible, but the iPhone 6+ is phenomenal. So it's a little discouraging that the original poster "The Neighbor" says the Note 5 is awful. Seems like we use our phones very similar.
    Same. My Note 4 started out pretty strong out of the box but after about 5-6 months battery was draining quicker and phone was lagging more and more
    msndrstood likes this.
    08-19-2015 04:55 PM
    OK. I got mine about 4 hours ago and just got it activated and it's been moving everything over from my Note2 so I can't really give it a serious evaluation. I' will say that it's burning power fast, but it's also running so hard that I can feel the back getting warm. I haven't made it through all the setting yet so I haven't gotten to the energy saving points yet.

Any Tips on that? I've already gone from 100% to 83% in about 2 hours and I haven't really been on it the entire time.

Brand new phone, brand new battery. With most battery technology there will be some changes as the first few initial charges work the battery into shape. So we'll see.
    Racing24 likes this.
    08-19-2015 08:42 PM
    OK. I got mine about 4 hours ago and just got it activated and it's been moving everything over from my Note2 so I can't really give it a serious evaluation. I' will say that it's burning power fast, but it's also running so hard that I can feel the back getting warm. I haven't made it through all the setting yet so I haven't gotten to the energy saving points yet.

Any Tips on that? I've already gone from 100% to 83% in about 2 hours and I haven't really been on it the entire time.

Brand new phone, brand new battery. With most battery technology there will be some changes as the first few initial charges work the battery into shape. So we'll see.
    I wouldnt even worry about the battery until you have set up the phone the way you want.

Every phone ive had i run through battery faster the first couple days setting it up and moving and downloading, doing a lot of that at once drains the battery faster.

Get it set up and then charge it to full. You should see a difference between setting the phone up with lots of downloads and just regular usage.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-19-2015 08:52 PM
    don't really plan on having it a year.......and if it last just a year then it will be perfect timing for the Note 6
    08-19-2015 10:10 PM
    My usage and battery seems about the same as with the Note 4. I miss the hot swap battery, but then again this phone definitely charges faster than the Note 4.

I also could swear it charges faster wireless just using a "normal" wireless charger, not the fast one.

It is still too bad standby isn't close to the iphone 6+. Buddy loved giving me **** about the Note 4 vs his 6+, now the same with the Note 5
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    08-20-2015 06:33 AM
    Same. My Note 4 started out pretty strong out of the box but after about 5-6 months battery was draining quicker and phone was lagging more and more
    Phones need "their oil changed" just like cars. Different reasons, but a little maintenance goes a long way. The ideal is a periodic factory reset, but that is a bit radical. Even without the full reset. Periodically checking your apps to see what is killing your battery, cleaning out old apps that you don't use anymore, that kind of thing does wonders to your device, and especially battery life (and lag).

With the minor exception of the battery wearing (Samsung warranties their batteries to be at least 80% of rated capacity by the end of the first year), phones don't mechanically wear out, or get worn down through age and use. So if the device isn't working up to snuff, then there are software issues that are effecting the usage of your device. Software issues can me worked out in most cases. My Note 4 is working as good as it has ever. I did a hard reset after getting the lollipop update, and it runs like a beast. From time to time, I notice some lag, or a sudden hit to the battery, like after I got my smartwatch, and loaded a ton of related apps... but I figured out which ones I needed and used, and checked those for any battery hogs, and I was good again.
    johnriii and getdez like this.
    08-20-2015 07:31 AM
    Wow ..this is pretty bad

Nothing bad. I'm charging it right now but look at my averages at the bottom.. Had it since last Friday.

Katrina White1 and med322 like this.
    08-20-2015 07:57 AM
    https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08...07f2e1c78e.jpg

Nothing bad. I'm charging it right now but look at my averages at the bottom.. Had it since last Friday.

https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08...480085b5d4.jpg
    I think that is pretty good
    08-20-2015 08:00 AM

Do you have Wifi Calling/Volte on your device?
    08-20-2015 08:45 AM
    Does anyone have a Note 5 + Moto 360 or other bluetooth smart watch? Does it drain the battery pretty quickly? Not sure if they've updated Bluetooth to be more efficient.
    08-20-2015 09:18 AM
    I have the note4 with an Asus watch and haven't noticed that much battery drain.

Sent from my Note 4.
    boufa likes this.
    08-20-2015 09:26 AM
    I will update when I get my 5 tomorrow

Sent from my Note 4.
    08-20-2015 09:26 AM
    I used to work for Best Buy Mobile and I can tell you from experience that it is just the display units. There is custom demo software installed on the unit that takes up a significant amount of space.

Not just the custom demo software, a Note 5 display I saw recently had 40+ apps you wouldn't see if you bought it, with everything from Asphalt 8 to Snapchat preloaded.
    08-20-2015 10:13 AM
    Does anyone have a Note 5 + Moto 360 or other bluetooth smart watch? Does it drain the battery pretty quickly? Not sure if they've updated Bluetooth to be more efficient.
    I have note 5 with LG G Watch. It doesn't drain the battery for me, if you're speaking of the smart watch itself. Though, I only charge my watch at night.
    08-20-2015 11:33 AM
    I have been doing side by side comparison using the same apps and usage with my new Note 5 vs Note 4. The draining is about the same, sadly.
    08-20-2015 12:29 PM
    I have been doing side by side comparison using the same apps and usage with my new Note 5 vs Note 4. The draining is about the same, sadly.
    As long as its the same as the same as the note4 i can deal with it. The note4 lasted me through a long day

Sammuel1973 likes this.
    08-20-2015 01:18 PM
    Here you go...

Racing24 likes this.
    08-20-2015 04:26 PM
    I've been an Android user for 6 years. Most of my Android phones have had a removable battery. I've always carried a spare battery in my pocket. I never looked at battery usage. I knew I could rely upon the one in my pocket.

Until now. I have the Note 5 and, while I love it, I think I've become paranoid about the battery. I find myself looking at the battery percentage every time I pick it up. I've got Qi charger at work, at home and a Qi charger in my car. I have no idea how long the battery will last because it's always being charged. I almost panicked when the battery went under 90% today. I'm hoping this feeling of paranoia will subside. After all I have a Moto 360 watch and a Note 10.1 tablet and neither one of those have a removable battery and I don't worry about them at all.

I'm hoping this feeling goes away. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    08-20-2015 05:35 PM
    I've been an Android user for 6 years. Most of my Android phones have had a removable battery. I've always carried a spare battery in my pocket. I never looked at battery usage. I knew I could rely upon the one in my pocket.

Until now. I have the Note 5 and, while I love it, I think I've become paranoid about the battery. I find myself looking at the battery percentage every time I pick it up. I've got Qi charger at work, at home and a Qi charger in my car. I have no idea how long the battery will last because it's always being charged. I almost panicked when the battery went under 90% today. I'm hoping this feeling of paranoia will subside. After all I have a Moto 360 watch and a Note 10.1 tablet and neither one of those have a removable battery and I don't worry about them at all.

I'm hoping this feeling goes away. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    Oh brother! :-) Give it a full charge overnight. No charge during the day, let us know what % is left at the end of the day or when you get home. :-)
    johnriii likes this.
    08-20-2015 06:00 PM
    Here you go...
    Holy balls. What do you do for this?!
    08-20-2015 06:13 PM
3,351 ... 56789 ...