04-25-2017 07:16 AM
3,351 ... 7576777879 ...
tools
    This is where i am at

https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10...8724cab23e.jpg

https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10...5c5a0f6958.jpg
    I charge every 2 days i also am not a heavy user , just text and call and come here and XDA and always in GPLUS site i bet if o wasn't over a day my sot probably be most likely 7hrs or so.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    For some reason when I view your posts, or a post of your homescreen on my phone, it never shows up for me. On here using my tablet, I see your battery screenshot just fine.
    10-16-2015 09:58 AM
    For some reason when I view your posts, or a post of your homescreen on my phone, it never shows up for me. On here using my tablet, I see your battery screenshot just fine.
    If your on v5.2.6 or v5.2.8 Tapatalk those have issues with images sometimes it shows like if it's broken sometimes it doesn't.

israel01 likes this.
    10-16-2015 10:06 AM
    Yeah, someone in a another forum was worried about tbis, but a person using the Doze feature on their Nexus 6 said that it won't interrupt the notifications.

Enviado desde mi X210 mediante Tapatalk
    10-16-2015 11:27 AM
    Bien

10-16-2015 11:27 AM
    Hola buenos dias

10-16-2015 11:42 AM
    My battery life hasn't been that great. But, I have been using my phone more than my iPhone I used to have.

Note in my house!
    njshoremom4gurlz likes this.
    10-16-2015 09:31 PM
    I have an opportunity to use the note 5... iPhone are backed up a two months I have a trade on Craigslist note 5 for my plus.... I am Leary because of battery issues I really want to try it but a trade like this I have to find out warranty etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    israel01 likes this.
    10-17-2015 04:37 AM
    Oh for those that don't know printer is on by default which will kill your battery make sure to turn it off, it's in settings and more connection settings

Running On Samsung Galaxy Note 5 N920A
    Likecars and Frozen Corpse like this.
    10-17-2015 05:29 PM
    The only complaint I have is the standby drain. Everything else on the phone is the best I've ever used
    10-18-2015 09:16 PM
    I just bought this yesterday and my battery life is horrible. It drained 22% while just being on standby. Even my S4 was never this bad. Is my phone defective? Does anyone have any advice?

According to Gsam the cloud seems to be eating a lot of battery. Should I disable it? Will disabling it delete my existing data (like the contacts transferred from my last phone)?
    10-19-2015 05:54 AM
    I don't have enough posts to post a screenshot...but the battery settings say the cell standby is using 20%.

I talked to a Verizon rep but he wasn't much help.
    10-19-2015 06:36 AM
    Remember, there are power saving modes on the Note 5.

Note in my house!
    10-19-2015 06:43 AM
    Is there anything I can do to prevent the Cell standby from eating 21% of my battery? That doesn't seem normal at all. I've already turned on power saving mode.

In an hour of use I'm down from 65% to 44%. If I can't fix this I'm definitely returning this phone.
    10-19-2015 06:46 AM
    I don't have enough posts to post a screenshot...but the battery settings say the cell standby is using 20%.

I talked to a Verizon rep but he wasn't much help.
    If you began to set your phone yesterday, this is normal, remember, the phone is trying to set everything you have on the cloud, on each app and in all places. One common thing is if you just set Google photos, the first time it will upload or sync all your photos with the cloud, depending on the amount of pictures and videos you have, it may take hours to do so, draining your battery in the background.

Just follow the suggestions on this thread, it's long, but begins from the very first page. In a summary, turn off Location History on Location settings (Location reporting is on now by default and a huge battery killer) adjust your Screen brightness to a point where you feel comfortable, and go to Wifi settings and in Smart Network Switch, turn that off, and in Advanced turn off Always allow scanning. Remove Bloatware and turn off Services and sync from Google and Samsung that you won't use.

I think the above is a summary of the most important things to pay attention if you are concern of battery life.
    Likecars likes this.
    10-19-2015 06:51 AM
    If you began to set your phone yesterday, this is normal, remember, the phone is trying to set everything you have on the cloud, on each app and in all places. One common thing is if you just set Google photos, the first time it will upload or sync all your photos with the cloud, depending on the amount of pictures and videos you have, it may take hours to do so, draining your battery in the background.

Just follow the suggestions on this thread, it's long, but begins from the very first page. In a summary, turn off Location History on Location settings (Location reporting is on now by default and a huge battery killer) adjust your Screen brightness to a point where you feel comfortable, and go to Wifi settings and in Smart Network Switch, turn that off, and in Advanced turn off Always allow scanning. Remove Bloatware and turn off Services and sync from Google and Samsung that you won't use.

I think the above is a summary of the most important things to pay attention if you are concern of battery life.
    Thanks for the suggestions. My location is always off anyway, and Smart Network switch was already off.

Is there a guide to bloatware? I don't really know what I should and shouldn't disable.

In the time between this post and my last post the battery drained another 4% down to 40%. :/
    10-19-2015 06:57 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions. My location is always off anyway, and Smart Network switch was already off.

Is there a guide to bloatware? I don't really know what I should and shouldn't disable.

In the time between this post and my last post the battery drained another 4% down to 40%. :/
    For Bloatware, just look at your App drawer and go one by one, if you will use it leave it, if not Disable it or uninstall it. But in general everything your carrier adds to the phone is Bloatware, Samsung has some and even Google has some, just disable or uninstall anything you won't use.
    10-19-2015 07:14 AM

Make sure you turn off printing it comes on by default go to few post back i posted it cause that will also eat your battery if on.

10-19-2015 07:23 AM

After your phone settle should look like this

Depend on how you use your phone , I'm on AT&T.

10-19-2015 07:27 AM
    How long does it usually take for the phone to settle down?

I charged my phone to 100%, it's down to 94% in about 25 minutes. Battery screen says only 6 hours left. At this rate my phone will be dead by lunch. I turned off printing as well.

Gsam also says "phone radio" is eating 26% of my battery. I'm not sure what that is.
    10-19-2015 08:34 AM

Hi,

I see people with 50% and a lot of hours left, I disconnected the phone everyday around 5am, if I don't charger the phone in mid day, it will turn off by 5p, is this normal? Any suggestions

Thank

10-19-2015 08:50 AM
    https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10...738a0d4b0e.jpg

Hi,

I see people with 50% and a lot of hours left, I disconnected the phone everyday around 5am, if I don't charger the phone in mid day, it will turn off by 5p, is this normal? Any suggestions

Thank

What's your time screen?

10-19-2015 10:29 AM
    What's your time screen?

10-19-2015 10:37 AM
    I don't know how you guys get such amazing battery life, I average at 4 hours of SoT. This is after having tons of stuff turned off in package disabled pro, so almost no bloat + no Samsung stuff, voLTE is off and I'm running a dark theme. I've also done numerous factory resets but I don't think I'll be able to do better than this, unless there's something you guys think I'm missing

oh, and this is the T-Mobile variant.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-1666.jpg  
    10-19-2015 10:47 AM
    More battery life tips link : https://www.androidpit.com/samsung-g...5-battery-tips

10-19-2015 07:02 PM
    Oh for those that don't know printer is on by default which will kill your battery make sure to turn it off, it's in settings and more connection settings

Disagree. I've had this on forever and doesn't do a thing to my battery.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-19-2015 07:19 PM
3,351 ... 7576777879 ...