04-25-2017 07:16 AM
3,351 ... 7778798081 ...
tools
    Did you get your returned original Note 5 yet from Samsung? If so, did they say what the battery problem was?
    Yes got it back. There was an issue with the update and it was also causing my battery to read full when it wasn't full. They took off the OS and put it back on, they went ahead and replaced the battery and they replaced the SIM drawer for some reason.
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    10-21-2015 05:21 PM
    Does anyone know what the circled app or process does that I see when opening package disabler? It's in pink which I think is bloatware but then again others were in pink that I unchecked since I want them.

Thoughts?

Posted via the Android Central App
    Anyone know answer to this?

10-21-2015 05:52 PM
    Wife has this phone and her battery life is better than my maxx. Sorry don't have any numbers right now other than she went more than 2 days on full charge and she couldn't care less about battery life.
    10-22-2015 06:58 PM
    Is this normal? See attached pic

24% of my battery use is cell Standby...

Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-792.jpg  
    10-23-2015 12:04 AM
    Does anyone use power save mode? I do most of the day and it really helps me. Plus, my brightness is usually turned way down because the screen is so bright. I only turn the brightness on when I'm outside in the sun.

Note in my house!
    10-23-2015 07:20 AM
    Does anyone use power save mode? I do most of the day and it really helps me. Plus, my brightness is usually turned way down because the screen is so bright. I only turn the brightness on when I'm outside in the sun.

Note in my house!
    I never use it lol.
    10-23-2015 07:26 AM
    I never use it lol.
    I'm suspected that a lot of users aren't using it. If they are having battery issues, then maybe they should.

Note in my house!
    10-23-2015 07:28 AM
    Of course phone does sync and phone calls, lots of texting, web browsing, and i use Tapatalk a lot and Google Plus, those are my main things i use a lot , no game playing don't like to play games.

Running On Samsung Galaxy Note 5 N920A
    I meant in the picture showing battery life only screen is shown. If nothing else is shown nothing else is used
    10-23-2015 07:42 AM
    I'm suspected that a lot of users aren't using it. If they are having battery issues, then maybe they should.

Note in my house!
    Yes it turns a super fast smart phone into a slow phone that only syncs with screen on. perfect
    10-23-2015 07:44 AM
    I meant in the picture showing battery life only screen is shown. If nothing else is shown nothing else is used
    Oh yeah when i took the picture it was to the top if i scrolled a bit down then the rest would show so basically was cut off
    10-23-2015 07:47 AM
    See just now i scrolled a bit down , there's more if scroll down more.

10-23-2015 07:49 AM
    See just now i scrolled a bit down , there's more if scroll down more.

https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10...7f2930f3a6.jpg
    Scroll capture might be my favorite feature.... Just saying...
    crf450r420 and jdhooghe like this.
    10-23-2015 08:56 AM

Note in my house!
    I do not. Never had the need, but I imagine some day if I'm stranded on a deserted island it could come in handy.
    10-23-2015 08:57 AM
    So the first app I've found to drain a lot of my battery even when I don't use it all day is Tapatalk. Went from a 36 to 38 hour battery to a 24 hour battery without opening the app. So yesterday I disabled and battery was good again. Activated it today and it is draining again. I'm going to try and set alarms with Tasker for every 10 percent battery so I can screen capture both ways at the same points.
    10-23-2015 01:00 PM
    So the first app I've found to drain a lot of my battery even when I don't use it all day is Tapatalk. Went from a 36 to 38 hour battery to a 24 hour battery without opening the app. So yesterday I disabled and battery was good again. Activated it today and it is draining again. I'm going to try and set alarms with Tasker for every 10 percent battery so I can screen capture both ways at the same points.
    I use Tapatalk and it never drains my battery at all, what version Tapatalk you using cause latest Tapatalk is v5.2.10 link: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/tapata...-apk-download/
    10-23-2015 01:04 PM
    Again, when not using. Didn't even open the app. I'm using the latest from play store like most people do.
    10-23-2015 01:27 PM
    Again, when not using. Didn't even open the app. I'm using the latest from play store like most people do.
    AT&T Note 5 i use gplus all day and Tapatalk plus web browsing and do lots of texting few phone calls and watch YouTube off and on and i get 1 day 12 hrs of battery life, plus sot for over a day 5hrs, if i was to use my phone lets say 15 hrs i get at least sot 7hrs and half.
    10-23-2015 01:35 PM
    AT&T Note 5 i use gplus all day and Tapatalk plus web browsing and do lots of texting few phone calls and watch YouTube off and on and i get 1 day 12 hrs of battery life, plus sot for over a day 5hrs, if i was to use my phone lets say 15 hrs i get at least sot 7hrs and half.
    Here's proof

Now that sot 3hrs and 40min or so at 15% when i reach at 2 or 3% my sot will be at least over 5 hrs.
    10-23-2015 01:40 PM
    Getting terrible battery life on my 5 day old Note 5 - not sure if it is a defect or something else . This morning it drained about 20% in 3.5 hours with only 40 min of screen on time. Mostly on wifi at work, advanced calling enabled, running package disabler pro with xml package from the xda developers thread (i can't post links)

Tried master reset and cache wipe from bootloader. Doesn't seem to be helping. Thinking about exchanging the phone at BB to see if is a defect - looking at my usage numbers, there's no way I could get a day of use like some of you are reporting. i'm barely picking up the phone - if i use it for anything I can watch the percentage drop as I'm using it.

Note 5 Battery life thread-battery-2.jpgNote 5 Battery life thread-battery.jpg
    10-23-2015 02:27 PM
    Scroll capture might be my favorite feature.... Just saying...
    how does one do scroll capture? I forgot....
    10-23-2015 02:50 PM
    how does one do scroll capture? I forgot....
    SPen, screen write, the scroll capture button shows up in the bottom left
    10-23-2015 04:38 PM
    Getting terrible battery life on my 5 day old Note 5 - not sure if it is a defect or something else . This morning it drained about 20% in 3.5 hours with only 40 min of screen on time. Mostly on wifi at work, advanced calling enabled, running package disabler pro with xml package from the xda developers thread (i can't post links)

Tried master reset and cache wipe from bootloader. Doesn't seem to be helping. Thinking about exchanging the phone at BB to see if is a defect - looking at my usage numbers, there's no way I could get a day of use like some of you are reporting. i'm barely picking up the phone - if i use it for anything I can watch the percentage drop as I'm using it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	battery 2.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	202792Click image for larger version. 

Name:	battery.jpg 
Size:	22.3 KB 
ID:	202793
    Try it in safe mode for one day first. I'm finding apps are draining the battery without showing up as a power user. Mine was worse than yours and in safe mode it used a 1/6 the power.
    10-23-2015 07:17 PM
    Yes it turns a super fast smart phone into a slow phone that only syncs with screen on. perfect
    Actually that isn't what power saving does.
    10-24-2015 08:01 AM
    The latest what app from the Play Store?

I have Tapatalk, AC Forums and the Android Central App all three on NY phone and it isn't draining my battery.
    10-24-2015 08:03 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	battery 2.jpg 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	202792Click image for larger version. 

Name:	battery.jpg 
Size:	22.3 KB 
ID:	202793
    Your cell signal is probably your problem, it is almost non-existent.
    jdfry15 likes this.
    10-24-2015 08:05 AM
3,351 ... 7778798081 ...