04-25-2017 07:16 AM
3,351 ... 678910 ...
tools
    I've been an Android user for 6 years. Most of my Android phones have had a removable battery. I've always carried a spare battery in my pocket. I never looked at battery usage. I knew I could rely upon the one in my pocket.

Until now. I have the Note 5 and, while I love it, I think I've become paranoid about the battery. I find myself looking at the battery percentage every time I pick it up. I've got Qi charger at work, at home and a Qi charger in my car. I have no idea how long the battery will last because it's always being charged. I almost panicked when the battery went under 90% today. I'm hoping this feeling of paranoia will subside. After all I have a Moto 360 watch and a Note 10.1 tablet and neither one of those have a removable battery and I don't worry about them at all.

I'm hoping this feeling goes away. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    I have felt the same way, it really took me a lot to see a battery at 70 percent not almost out lol.

my difference is i am used to non removable batteries since i bounce back and forth between the notes and motorola Droid. Ive always shopped phones by battery size first, and then picked from the top.

Hopefully you get used to it, lol. I did

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-20-2015 06:33 PM
    I'm wondering since the edge +has less software and same specs will the battery last longer or ram have more room without spen features

Its probably offset by the edge having sofware for edge app and edge notification thing.. i bet if we looked at actual loaded comparison that they are probably too close to make a difference.

08-20-2015 06:38 PM
    Yeah , every phone I have had with sealed batteries gave me the same feeling. The IPhone 5s, HTC M7 and M8 and the Gs6. It will subside once you get used to the rythym of your new phone.

08-20-2015 07:38 PM
    I've been an Android user for 6 years. Most of my Android phones have had a removable battery. I've always carried a spare battery in my pocket. I never looked at battery usage. I knew I could rely upon the one in my pocket.

Until now. I have the Note 5 and, while I love it, I think I've become paranoid about the battery. I find myself looking at the battery percentage every time I pick it up. I've got Qi charger at work, at home and a Qi charger in my car. I have no idea how long the battery will last because it's always being charged. I almost panicked when the battery went under 90% today. I'm hoping this feeling of paranoia will subside. After all I have a Moto 360 watch and a Note 10.1 tablet and neither one of those have a removable battery and I don't worry about them at all.

I'm hoping this feeling goes away. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    Just get an external quick charge battery like the 10,400 mAh ones on Amazon, or the Samsung external 5,200 mAh battery and carry that for piece of mind. I'm like you, but I started training myself and getting used to it on my note 4 recently.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    08-20-2015 07:45 PM
    Then I'd miss out on the usable fingerprint scanner, the improved camera, taking notes without waking up the phone, raw image support, faster launching and focusing camera,wireless charging built in, no lag and the awesome feel. And Samsung pay

Don't really need a removable battery if the battery lasts more than a day.
    And I already have a note 4 I will be selling tomorrow.
    No sammy pay on vzw
    08-20-2015 08:02 PM
    I think that is pretty good
    That is phenomenal. I wish my battery was half that good. Did you use power saving?
    08-20-2015 08:06 PM
    No sammy pay on vzw
    Not necessarily. Everyone involved says Vzw is just still evaluating it. If they don't do it, I WILL drop them for tmob
    08-20-2015 08:09 PM
    08-20-2015 08:10 PM
    Just get an external quick charge battery like the 10,400 mAh ones on Amazon, or the Samsung external 5,200 mAh battery and carry that for piece of mind. I'm like you, but I started training myself and getting used to it on my note 4 recently.

Great suggestion. I might give it a try before returning it to TMobile within the 14 day trial. What brands do you suggestion for a portable external battery pack?

I am going to 6 Flags this Saturday. I know for a fact my new Note 5 will not last from 10a-10p with all the anticipated pics and videos. I am bringing my Note 4 with the 2 extra batteries instead. 😎
    08-20-2015 08:29 PM
    Great suggestion. I might give it a try before returning it to TMobile within the 14 day trial. What brands do you suggestion for a portable external battery pack?

I am going to 6 Flags this Saturday. I know for a fact my new Note 5 will not last from 10a-10p with all the anticipated pics and videos. I am bringing my Note 4 with the 2 extra batteries instead. 😎
    Haha yes for this trip to sux flags I'd go with the batteries and note 4. Haha esp since you can't get it in time.

Below is the one I have which has been great. It absolutely says "fast charger connected" when I connect, and does charge fast. These external quick chargers are game changers! They finally made me feel ok with not having removable batteries.

I've seen the same exact shape/specs/etc as the one I got below under several different brands though. I'll bet they're all from the same factory on China.. But it's been working great!

Don't forget about the Samsung official external quick charge batteries too!

[Qualcomm Certified] Aukey Quick Charge 2.0 10400mAh Portable External Battery Fast Charger (16.2W / 5V 9V 12V Supported, Quick Charge Input and Output) - Silver https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UBDI7EC...cUvbUpU4623493

http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=4__5D3jS

co.ag.2005 and Sammuel1973 like this.
    08-20-2015 08:42 PM
    Does this look like normal use? I wasn't particularly happy with my Note 4 and hoped the Note 5/5.1.1 would fix it. Seems I've got something running that I don't want. Can't figure it out.
    Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-1440125088663.jpg   Note 5 Battery life thread-1440125102109.jpg   Note 5 Battery life thread-1440125123419.jpg   Note 5 Battery life thread-1440125140289.jpg   Note 5 Battery life thread-1440125171199.jpg  

08-20-2015 09:47 PM
    24hrs with the Note 5 Note 5 Battery life thread-uploadfromtaptalk1440125170587.jpgNote 5 Battery life thread-uploadfromtaptalk1440125286556.jpgNote 5 Battery life thread-uploadfromtaptalk1440125273934.jpg

sent from the Awesome Note Cinco
    08-20-2015 09:48 PM
    LordAndroid, that's not particularly good battery life either. I was hoping for 5 full hours of use spread out over 2 days, just charge every other night. Pretty sure I was able to do that with my Note 3 back in the day
    08-20-2015 10:23 PM
    Just got mine fully set up. I'll update with my battery starts after my first full day tomorrow.

08-20-2015 10:28 PM
    LordAndroid, that's not particularly good battery life either. I was hoping for 5 full hours of use spread out over 2 days, just charge every other night. Pretty sure I was able to do that with my Note 3 back in the day
    For me I'm getting more SOT with the N5. I'd get the same total battery life in one charge with my N4 with an hour less of SOT. Being that the N5 as we know has a smaller battery and I got more the my N4 hey I won't complain much

Sent from R2D2 N9
    08-20-2015 10:29 PM
    Huh, ok. Well maybe I'm just expecting too much. Sick of my friend w the iphone 6+ talking about not charging his for 4 days.

I also haven't had a non-note since the Note 2, so maybe I don't have a concept of what good vs bad battery life actually is.
    08-20-2015 10:35 PM
    Huh, ok. Well maybe I'm just expecting too much. Sick of my friend w the iphone 6+ talking about not charging his for 4 days
    4 days LOL I'm guessing he or she must not use there iPhone much.

Sent from R2D2 N9
    jboogie1289 and jaymojones like this.
    08-20-2015 10:37 PM
    Seems like one department did not coordinate with the other. Typical. Lets make the phones in black and white but the battery packs in gold and silver.
    That's so we can tell the difference between the phone and the battery pack.
    geekaren likes this.
    08-20-2015 11:03 PM
    4 days LOL I'm guessing he or she must not use there iPhone much.

Sent from R2D2 N9
    I'm kind of interested in what they are doing as well if they can last 4 days with any phone. I know people use it differently, but mine is pretty much next to me at all times. With the way I use my phone, if I can make it an entire day until I go to sleep, I'm happy, no complaints.
    Now when I had my HTC Thunderbolt, that thing was a piece of garbage. I had an extended battery on it, would usually unplug the phone about 5:30 in the morning, and around 10 or so that same morning was getting the low battery warning.
    I will say, I have had every note since the 2 and the battery life has gotten better and better. I'm also doing different things with them as well, such as screen brightness, location, etc....
    08-20-2015 11:17 PM
    I'm kind of interested in what they are doing as well if they can last 4 days with any phone. I know people use it differently, but mine is pretty much next to me at all times. With the way I use my phone, if I can make it an entire day until I go to sleep, I'm happy, no complaints.
    Now when I had my HTC Thunderbolt, that thing was a piece of garbage. I had an extended battery on it, would usually unplug the phone about 5:30 in the morning, and around 10 or so that same morning was getting the low battery warning.
    I will say, I have had every note since the 2 and the battery life has gotten better and better. I'm also doing different things with them as well, such as screen brightness, location, etc....
    My main concern was battery life I personally didn't care the other things everyone else seems to be ranting about. Being with this year Sammy gave us a smaller battery but overall with the down scaled touchwiz and the SOC being a tad bit more battery friendly time will tell.

Sent from R2D2 N9
    08-20-2015 11:41 PM
    Don't forget about the Samsung official external quick charge batteries too!

http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=KS0011KP

I am interested in the Samsung Fast Charge Battery Pack (listed as coming soon), but can you also provide a link to Samsung's official external quick charge batteries too? Much thanks!
    08-20-2015 11:43 PM
    Many factors effect the battery I think. Some are different. However, thanks for your screenshots😊
    LordAndroid likes this.
    08-20-2015 11:54 PM
    Ok, here are my findings:

I took my phone off the charger at 7AM yesterday--100% charged

I surfed the net
    Answered some texts
    Answered some emails
    Talked on the phone
    Played some music via bluetooth (maybe 30 mins)
    Made a few ringtones
    Downloaded a couple of apps

And went to bed...without plugging it up.

I am awake at 6:22 AM with 47% battery left. Fine with me. What I did above is my typical usage for a phone, though. Occasionally, I may surf the net and answer emails a bit more. And when I'm unsure of where I'm going in town, I do use the Maps feature.

I do use the Power Saving feature, though.

08-21-2015 06:24 AM
    Note 5 Battery life thread-ydghdfg.jpg

That is what I got yesterday. Probably could have topped 6 hours screen on time if I had burned that last 15%. I did have to plug it in before bedtime, but it was an unusally heavy use day with over 5 hours on the screen....
    08-21-2015 07:34 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YdgHdFg.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	232.9 KB 
ID:	192249

That is what I got yesterday. Probably could have topped 6 hours screen on time if I had burned that last 15%. I did have to plug it in before bedtime, but it was an unusally heavy use day with over 5 hours on the screen....
    Who's your carrier?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    08-21-2015 07:35 AM
3,351 ... 678910 ...