Note 5 Battery life thread

gooner8688

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I comfortable get a full day out of this phone with heavy use and it charges in the blink of an eye. I dont understand the need for a removable battery, unless its a personal preference...

JUVE123

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
hi everyone,
i purchased the note day 1 and have been following this thread since. overall i am content with the battery life i have decided to make an account because there is one issue i can not solve. google services takes up majority of battery life. when i click google services in the battery menu and look at included packages: google account manager, google play services, google contact sync, google services framework, and google backup transport are constantly running/mentioned. its always 15-20% of my battery life. when i go to my google sync account setting i only have sync contacts, drive, gmail, and keep.
i am new and don't know how to attach screenshots.
thank you in advance.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Here's my battery life
cb85125e2452b4c7ad7b39d813896848.jpg

2609bdbae647be10a58a5d9b2952c195.jpg

Running On Samsung Galaxy Note 5 N920A

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
hi everyone,
i purchased the note day 1 and have been following this thread since. overall i am content with the battery life i have decided to make an account because there is one issue i can not solve. google services takes up majority of battery life. when i click google services in the battery menu and look at included packages: google account manager, google play services, google contact sync, google services framework, and google backup transport are constantly running/mentioned. its always 15-20% of my battery life. when i go to my google sync account setting i only have sync contacts, drive, gmail, and keep.
i am new and don't know how to attach screenshots.
thank you in advance.

Screen write is one of your Spen features, you can take a screen shot that way, it's quick and easy. As for the Google services, are you using Google now?

avantiel

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
I comfortable get a full day out of this phone with heavy use and it charges in the blink of an eye. I dont understand the need for a removable battery, unless its a personal preference...

Imagine if you have a wireless charger lying around to easily put your phone on to charge...thats what i plan to do :D

jmj227

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
"Android System" is eating my battery alive. And I don't think I've ever had over 4 hours of SOT. A few things that I'm wondering about:

I have low signal in my house and this is where I get the worst battery life. Is this "android system?"
I play a lot of podcasts through a bluetooth headset and I wonder if bluetooth plays a big role in the android system drain.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated. This post has been very helpful.

Screenshot_2015-09-29-19-47-08.jpg

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
"Android System" is eating my battery alive. And I don't think I've ever had over 4 hours of SOT. A few things that I'm wondering about:

I have low signal in my house and this is where I get the worst battery life. Is this "android system?"
I play a lot of podcasts through a bluetooth headset and I wonder if bluetooth plays a big role in the android system drain.

View attachment 199089
Wow that's really high, not sure why, if you seen my battery life i get over a day and sot highest I've had was at 6hrs and 25 min

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

View attachment 199089

I think you're probably right... The phone is working hard to get a signal, pretty sure that falls under Android system

Spartacus MD

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Very happy. No battery saver apps installed. Screen at 50% brightness, Wi-Fi on at all times. Sync on, Bluetooth off.

1 day and 2 hours with 4+ in screen time is pretty great.And still had some juice left!

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 657.jpg
    657.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 195

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
View attachment 199097View attachment 199096
I am pretty sure all that is off. I do use Google voice to text. I do I confirm if its off?

Hold your home button, that will launch Google now. If you're using it you'll see information there presented on different cards.

I might be missing something, but according to the above screen shot you're getting nearly two days out of the battery...

JUVE123

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Hold your home button, that will launch Google now. If you're using it you'll see information there presented on different cards.

I might be missing something, but according to the above screen shot you're getting nearly two days out of the battery...

Dude, Almost 2 days?? Do you NOT use your phone?
Maybe I just have a Horrible battery in the first place cause I've done just about everything listed in this thread to help improve battery life.

Google now is not being used.

I actually have gotten over two days (see attached screen shots) I'm not complaining about battery life, I'm pretty content, i just don't get why Google Play Services is always at the top with such a high percentage and what is causing it ?

Eh not as much as I used my note 3. I used to use it a lot for work but the Microsoft Exchange email was destroying my battery so I had to remove it. It was constantly syncing no matter how much I changed the settings. 1443612230064.jpg1443612247894.jpg

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Dude, Almost 2 days?? Do you NOT use your phone?
Maybe I just have a Horrible battery in the first place cause I've done just about everything listed in this thread to help improve battery life.

Sorry but these people that post these over the top battery stats simply aren't using the phone at the rate that a lot of people like me need to.

I talk to clients and customers at least 90-120 minutes a day. So it's a PHONE.

then I do a lot of email and texting. Some Web browsing and some social media. I also spend a bit reading articles from the WSJ and Feedly as well as ESPN and MLB. Use my ESPN Fantasy app to do a few things as well.

Now when I have a good cell connection I can get 14-16 hours with 4-4.5 hours SOT.

Just for laughs I decided to not use my phone all that much over the weekend, just checking a few things randomly. Low and Behold I too got 1 day 15 hours out of it.

I'd love to see some of these people work their phones like I do and then report back with results.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Sorry but these people that post these over the top battery stats simply aren't using the phone at the rate that a lot of people like me need to.

then I do a lot of email and texting. Some Web browsing and some social media. I also spend a bit reading articles from the WSJ and Feedly as well as ESPN and MLB. Use my ESPN Fantasy app to do a few things as well.

Now when I have a good cell connection I can get 14-16 hours with 4-4.5 hours SOT.

Just for laughs I decided to not use my phone all that much over the weekend, just checking a few things randomly. Low and Behold I too got 1 day 15 hours out of it.

I'd love to see some of these people work their phones like I do and then report back with results.

When i use my AT&T Note 5 Hardcore i get from 13 hrs and sot 7hrs so those that can't get that must be something wrong with connection or phone.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for being realistic. I use my phone hardcore too, Running Spotify all day, browse these forums, check into AC, use Facebook, reply to texts and gmail chat through Hangouts, view YouTube videos, respond to emails from work. I get up to 15 hours a day. Just the whole 1 day , 2 day thing got to me.

I Hardly talk on the phone.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Who is your carrier?