04-25-2017 07:16 AM
3,351 ... 8384858687 ...
tools

This is what I got yesterday. I think it's kinda low considering I only got less than 4 hours of screen on time. I have my screen brightness set to 25% at work or auto outside of work. I think its about 50% when it's on auto as I'm not in bright environments.

Why is Android System, Kernel, Google Play Service, and System always so high on the list?

These are my disable stuff. Anything I shouldn't disable that would impact battery life?

I usually am in area of good reception (3-5 bars) so I don't think that's draining the radio.
    Gibman08 likes this.
    10-29-2015 09:58 AM
    Not really. You have people claiming to get 12 hours. What were the main tweaks they did or can recommend that they think someone with less than optimal battery predromance can do. These phones are pretty much identical. I would think. So someone like me with new phone, few apps. Just some basic things i might have missed. Known to the community that can be battery killers.
    Here's an earlier post of mine which may or may not help:

Fairly heavy use at home yesterday on a lazy Sunday.

A few brief calls, some texting, email, Facebook, Tapatalk, Netflix, Words with Friends, etc...

Brightness on auto, bluetooth on all day (syncs with my fitbit and Bowflex Max), wifi on, advanced calling on. I've disabled/uninstalled apps that I don't need or use, but I don't use anything like package disabler to disable services or anything like that.

Pretty happy with my battery life.

https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09...5d0d84d2ed.jpg

https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09...ed3840983e.jpg
    10-29-2015 11:26 AM
    10-29-2015 11:34 AM
    Thats from my second Note 5 i just bought yesterday for my daughter.
    10-29-2015 11:40 AM
    That would be great. One post summarizing the best tips....maybe even make it a sticky. Few of us have the time to read through everything in this thread.
    Can't be done, everyone uses different apps, uses their phones different way, has a different carrier, etc.

That is like saying, "I had a great pie the other day, everyone list all your recipes so I can make a pie just like the one I had".
    bassplayrguy, kj11 and 1stGalaxyS3 like this.
    10-29-2015 11:43 AM
    I feel like some people are more about showing off than actually helping
    Actually people have been working long and hard on this thread. They have done the work, you have to also do the work and read the thread.
    10-29-2015 11:43 AM
    Not really. You have people claiming to get 12 hours. What were the main tweaks they did or can recommend that they think someone with less than optimal battery predromance can do. These phones are pretty much identical. I would think. So someone like me with new phone, few apps. Just some basic things i might have missed. Known to the community that can be battery killers.
    Yes really. I have already posted a couple of days ago what I disabled.

You have to read the thread.
    bassplayrguy likes this.
    10-29-2015 11:44 AM
    Thats from my second Note 5 i just bought yesterday for my daughter.
    I am working my daughters Note 5 gonna give it 10 cycles after that battery is gonna improve more even tho just the way it is now battery life is good on her Note 5.
    10-29-2015 11:45 AM

This is what I got yesterday. I think it's kinda low considering I only got less than 4 hours of screen on time. I have my screen brightness set to 25% at work or auto outside of work. I think its about 50% when it's on auto as I'm not in bright environments.

Why is Android System, Kernel, Google Play Service, and System always so high on the list?

These are my disable stuff. Anything I shouldn't disable that would impact battery life?

I usually am in area of good reception (3-5 bars) so I don't think that's draining the radio.
    You are losing 5% an hour, that isn't bad at all. Your worst culprit is your low signal, I guarantee you. Your signal you are showing is not good.
    10-29-2015 11:47 AM
    Right now I'm using 2.9% battery an hour, which is exceptionally well.

It hasn't always been that good, I just had to play with disabling bloatware, a lot of it and then I re-enabled some. When I did the "disable all bloat" in package disabler, I seemed to not get as good of battery life.
    10-29-2015 11:51 AM
    Forgot the screenshot.
    Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-1446137515669.jpg  
    10-29-2015 11:52 AM
    You are losing 5% an hour, that isn't bad at all. Your worst culprit is your low signal, I guarantee you. Your signal you are showing is not good.
    I only get low signal at home. at the time of the screenshot I probably have only been home about an hour.
    10-29-2015 11:53 AM
    I only get low signal at home. at the time of the screenshot I probably have only been home about an hour.
    Do you have Verizon? Your standby is high.

Sorry, not your standby, that was another I saw.
    10-29-2015 11:54 AM
    Do you have Verizon? Your standby is high.

Sorry, not your standby, that was another I saw.
    I have AT&T. What do you mean by standby?
    10-29-2015 11:56 AM
    5% battery loss is not bad at all. I didn't get a GSam screenshot last night to see what I had list. I'll try and see about doing that before I charge tonight. I've only had a little over a couple hours screen time so far.
    10-29-2015 11:57 AM
    I have AT&T. What do you mean by standby?
    See above, I added something to my original post. You didn't have a high standby drain.
    10-29-2015 12:06 PM
    Perhaps there is another member willing to post a summary of top tips.
    10-29-2015 02:23 PM
    Perhaps there is another member willing to post a summary of top tips.
    What do you not understand about this?

There are no top tips because everyone uses different apps and uses their phone differently.

Some only use WiFi, some never use WiFi, some have better signal than others, some use their phone for a lot of calls, some never use it for calls, some stream a lot, some never stream and on and on and on..

Have you replaced your Note 3 with a Note 5?

People have to read the thread, they have their phones and know what apps they download and then what stock apps they use.
    10-29-2015 02:41 PM
    Kelly, I understand your opinion. I am hoping another kind member will create a summary of tips to save battery. Please don't take it personally. Perhaps another member would like to try. If not no harm no foul. Please leave the option open to others.
    10-29-2015 02:59 PM
    Kelly, I understand your opinion. I am hoping another kind member will create a summary of tips to save battery. Please don't take it personally. Perhaps another member would like to try. If not no harm no foul. Please leave the option open to others.
    That is not opinion.

None of us use all the same apps.

None of us use our phone the same way.

We have different carriers.

What I don't use and disable, someone else uses and doesn't want to disable.

At least 3 people have told you this isn't possible.

The top tips:
    Disable bloatware and apps you don't use.

Read the thread.

We've said this over and over.
    10-29-2015 03:04 PM
    Now I said I would post my GSam and others before charging. Today I only got about 4:20 of SOT.
    Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-1446149139640.jpg   Note 5 Battery life thread-1446149151770.jpg   Note 5 Battery life thread-1446149162510.jpg  
    10-29-2015 03:06 PM
    That is not opinion.

The top tips:

Read the thread.

I've read this whole thread.... She knows what she's talking about. It's a long thread, but the first 5-8 pages I found to be the most helpful.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-29-2015 03:58 PM
    That is not opinion.

The top tips:

Read the thread.

Exactly what she say is 100 % true , just read and learn as she said 👍👍
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    10-29-2015 04:08 PM
    I feel like some people are more about showing off than actually helping
    Yep. Guilty.
    10-29-2015 05:04 PM
    Here's your note 5, now read the battery bible thread on Android central to get through the day.

Very disappointed with the battery on this very capable device. Battery was OK for awhile, but the last 2 weeks all of a sudden it just sucks. Sure I can do a factory reset and set this thing up again.

People posting these outrageous battery stats... What are you doing? Do you just use the calculator app and have everything disabled? Screen so black you need to be in the dark to see? Sorry I'm getting sick of spending so much time researching on how to get my phone to last a day without being plugged in half the time.
    10-29-2015 09:25 PM
3,351 ... 8384858687 ...