04-25-2017 07:16 AM
3,351 ... 8889909192 ...
tools
    You need to post battery screenshots like others have. Having the GSam app is a good option, it shows what the percentage of loss an hour is and posting that.
    I posted this before when I did an experiment and comparison for 1 week.

The iPhone 6+ standby barely moved the needle on battery. I took mine off charger at 100% didn't touch it all night and in 7 hours the battery drained only 2% in 7 hours.

N5 drained 6% over that same time.

But when actually using the phone itself the N5 routinely have me about 15% more time overall then the iPhone 6+

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-01-2015 06:48 AM
    I don't have to post gsmam when i have two eyes. Just like you just stated. That the iphone was stable in sleep. I cannot use iphone as a point of reference seeing as i did not have one since the 4. But i will take your word for it. Now with that being said. Is there something that can be done with the note 5?
    11-01-2015 07:04 AM
    Oh. She was talking to smackitdude
    11-01-2015 07:06 AM
    Not sure why but my battery seems to last around 8-10 hours through casual use
    Check for any email app or app that has is constantly checking, that's was the issue on my phone, after I found the app, now get about 20hr battery or more
    11-01-2015 07:35 AM
    This guy on YouTube has the same battery drain issue on verizon in stanby.

He has a horrible signal. You will have a bad drain with a bad signal.
    Ruben Ocasio likes this.
    11-01-2015 07:51 AM
    I don't have to post gsmam when i have two eyes. Just like you just stated. That the iphone was stable in sleep. I cannot use iphone as a point of reference seeing as i did not have one since the 4. But i will take your word for it. Now with that being said. Is there something that can be done with the note 5?
    Until you post regular use screenshots and yes, GSam, no one can tell you anything. We have no idea what is going on with your phone.

GSam doesn't take the place of your two eyes, it can tell you things your two eyes don't see and it will keep me from pulling out a pencil and paper and figuring loss, which I'm not going to do.

Up to you.

There is no magic thing to tell you. What issues you are having will never be the same as what someone else is having.
    Ruben Ocasio and MedicD like this.
    11-01-2015 07:55 AM
    I posted this before when I did an experiment and comparison for 1 week.

The iPhone 6+ standby barely moved the needle on battery. I took mine off charger at 100% didn't touch it all night and in 7 hours the battery drained only 2% in 7 hours.

N5 drained 6% over that same time.

But when actually using the phone itself the N5 routinely have me about 15% more time overall then the iPhone 6+

Posted via the Android Central App
    Yes some phones will do that. They will have very little standby loss and huge use loss.

Either this thread or another, a couple talked about an LG and how it would do great and then when it got to a certain point and it was still a high amount, it would drop like a rock with use.
    Ruben Ocasio likes this.
    11-01-2015 07:57 AM
    Yes some phones will do that. They will have very little standby loss and huge use loss.

Either this thread or another, a couple talked about an LG and how it would do great and then when it got to a certain point and it was still a high amount, it would drop like a rock with use.
    Yup like when i had the LG G 3 idle was awesome but once you use the phone eats way way lot more then the Note 5.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    11-01-2015 08:04 AM
    Tested battery drain while asleep this morning. I turned on airplane mode and force closes all apps. It still drained 2-3% in 2 hours which I don't think is acceptable. What is this "held awake"that's draining my battery?

Also, isn't it weird that even when I have the phone in airplane mode the signal is still medium?

11-01-2015 08:52 AM
    Tested battery drain while asleep this morning. I turned on airplane mode and force closes all apps. It still drained 2-3% in 2 hours which I don't think is acceptable. What is this "held awake"that's draining my battery?

Also, isn't it weird that even when I have the phone in airplane mode the signal is still medium?

https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11...53397a9ab3.jpg

https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11...759bde6a43.jpg

https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11...c4fa4af100.jpg
    Are you seriously complaining about 2 to 3 % in 2 hours while idle that is normal nothing wrong with that mate.
    11-01-2015 09:15 AM
    Are you seriously complaining about 2 to 3 % in 2 hours while idle that is normal nothing wrong with that mate.
    I am because that's with nothing on. I believe it was you that mentioned 2-3% drop over night but with radio and WiFi on.
    11-01-2015 09:19 AM

Ok, do me a favor.. Run the phone for a couple of days, recharge during the day if you have to. Don't stop sync, don't turn on airplane mode, etc. Run it normal, I need to see how it is behaving and what it is doing.

Also get screenshots of the app sucker part of GSam.

Also who is your carrier?
    11-01-2015 09:25 AM
    Just so i understand; You need to see how it drains over night at idle?
    11-01-2015 09:27 AM
    'Held awake' means there are apps that are keeping the phone from staying idle..aka asleep.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    11-01-2015 09:28 AM
    Just so i understand; You need to see how it drains over night at idle?
    I want to see it at idle at night and working through the day. At least one charge cycle, two would be great. Now don't check your battery through the day, just use it.

Who is your carrier?
    11-01-2015 09:29 AM
    I can already see with your GSam your Android OS and Android System is high. That isn't necessarily bad.. That can happen and not drain your battery. When it is high and draining your battery, that is an issue.

That is also the hardest thing to figure out. They throw a lot in those categories and the changes in KitKat don't let us see exactly what is going on there without root.
    11-01-2015 09:31 AM
    With Verizon I've always noticed the wifi being on causing some drain, but I looked at the stats more... is this saying my system used a gig of data in 3 hours? I've seen this before but never actually though about. Thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-1446392153147.jpg  
    11-01-2015 09:39 AM
    I want to see it at idle at night and working through the day. At least one charge cycle, two would be great. Now don't check your battery through the day, just use it.

Who is your carrier?
    What should"change since" be set to?

I'm on AT&T.

11-01-2015 09:40 AM
    With Verizon I've always noticed the wifi being on causing some drain, but I looked at the stats more... is this saying my system used a gig of data in 3 hours? I've seen this before but never actually though about. Thoughts?
    Where are you getting a gig from?
    11-01-2015 09:43 AM
    What should"change since" be set to?

I'm on AT&T.
    Last full charge is good, we might end up switching to last unplugged.

Ok, AT&T is better than Verizon.
    11-01-2015 09:45 AM
    Last full charge is good, we might end up switching to last unplugged.

Ok, AT&T is better than Verizon.
    I do have poor signal at home now only 1-2 bars. That's why I turned on airplane mode to see idle drain.
    11-01-2015 09:46 AM
    I do have poor signal at home now only 1-2 bars. That's why I turned on airplane mode to see idle drain.
    ooooooo.. That will cause a bad drain, especially with AT&T. I had to get a microcell. Have you asked them if they will give you one?
    11-01-2015 09:51 AM
    Ok and for anyone needing. Here is a booster that will work with any carrier. AT&T has only a 3G booster, but if they won't give it to you, it is $200. This one is also a lot better than the Verizon extender. T-Mobile is still the only one I've seen Ruth a great booster and it is free. You must have at least 1 bar of LTE signal. They do have one that is a WiFi booster and for TMO that is fine too, they have WiFi calling.

Here is the other one a moderator told me about.

https://www.wilsonamplifiers.com/web...er-kit-470101/
    11-01-2015 10:10 AM
    ooooooo.. That will cause a bad drain, especially with AT&T. I had to get a microcell. Have you asked them if they will give you one?
    So do I just go into the store or call to get one?

I just wanted to see why it's draining 2-3% even if airplane mode is on.
    11-01-2015 10:41 AM
    Where are you getting a gig from?
    934 MB
    Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-1446396106922.jpg  
    11-01-2015 10:41 AM
3,351 ... 8889909192 ...