04-25-2017 07:16 AM
3,351 ... 9596979899 ...
tools
    For Verizon it seems to be normal. They have some bug for many that cause standby to go up when WiFi is on.
    I am searching the forums but is there any tweak or fix to help with that?

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-09-2015 07:44 AM
    I am searching the forums but is there any tweak or fix to help with that?

No.. The thread is now bumped up in the Note 5 forum. That is an issue with Verizon..
    11-09-2015 07:45 AM
    Thank you so much. I cannot see the contents clearly but I think I see you've disabled CM, Microsoft Office, whatsapp and instagram among them.
    When you disable them you cannot access them right? I use those apps pretty often except office
    Right if you disable them, you can't use them. I don't use Instagram at all.

As far as Cheetah Mobile anything, including Clean Master.. It needs to be disabled, it should have never been allowed on any of these phones. Cheetah Mobile needs to be banned from the Play Store.
    Ruben Ocasio likes this.
    11-09-2015 08:25 AM

As far as Cheetah Mobile anything, including Clean Master.. It needs to be disabled, it should have never been allowed on any of these phones. Cheetah Mobile needs to be banned from the Play Store.
    +1 on Clean Master agree
    11-09-2015 08:27 AM

They are very intrusive if you don't disable most of the services. The only option I use is the junk cleaner (I've turned everything else off). Comes in handy at times. Even the smart manager widget Samsung offers is by them.
    Can I know your reasons for hating it.
    11-09-2015 08:34 AM
    They are very intrusive if you don't disable most of the services. The only option I use is the junk cleaner (I've turned everything else off). Comes in handy at times. Even the smart manager widget Samsung offers is by them.
    Can I know your reasons for hating it.
    Yes I know that Samsung widget uses it. First, you don't need something like that, in fact it can make your phone have problems. Let Android handle the RAM, clearing cache is rarely necessary. When these programs kick stuff out of RAM, it just has to reload again.

Also Cheetah Mobile has a huge issue with privacy concerns, even China has an issue with them. Let me see if I can find the thread with the info.
    Dhanikz likes this.
    11-09-2015 08:41 AM
    Here is the thread on Clean Master and Cheetah Mobile.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ask...practices.html
    11-09-2015 08:46 AM
    About and hour ago just arrived to work, most of the battery life you see was at home on my wifi
    https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11...a1d9a0ab96.jpg
    https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11...5a8bec4156.jpg
    Ah I think I know how your note does it. Your theme probably helps extend the battery life a lot. I changed my wallpaper to a black rich one for some time and I got around 4.45 hrs of SOT
    Ruben Ocasio likes this.
    11-09-2015 08:51 AM
    Here is the thread on Clean Master and Cheetah Mobile.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ask...practices.html
    Thanks again deleted right away don't need all that crap.
    11-09-2015 08:53 AM
    Thanks again deleted right away don't need all that crap.
    It used to be a pretty good app, back when we needed to manage RAM some ourselves on Android. Then they sold it to Cheetah Mobile and RAM no longer needed to be managed. Androids just run better with a full RAM, it is the opposite of a Window's computer.
    Ruben Ocasio likes this.
    11-09-2015 08:56 AM
    Ah I think I know how your note does it. Your theme probably helps extend the battery life a lot. I changed my wallpaper to a black rich one for some time and I got around 4.45 hrs of SOT
    Yeah darker theme does help a lot as well.
    Dhanikz likes this.
    11-09-2015 09:02 AM
    Everyone uses their phone different, but I can tell you without and charts or graphs this phones battery runs out at a constant rate. If you get light use you will be fine. If you are near a plug were you can fast charge you will be fine. But if you work out side and use evernote for your job all day like I do your going to be in a pinch on a daily basis, wondering why you paid $900 for this device.

Personally I could care less about the "design language" and the thinness of the phone. I wanted the best System on a chip, and a big screen.

I have the exact opposite experience. With moderate to heavy usage, my battery will last the day with excellent screen on time. You may want to look at your settings or coverage area. Bad signal is the biggest battery killer and ppl don't always think about that. Especially if travel is involved
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    11-09-2015 09:29 AM
    For sometime I have gotten to a point where I get excellent battery life...goes all day with around 6 hours or so of SOT or almost 1.5-2 days in some instances with 3-4 hours of SOT.

However, twice over last week...I have had battery drop 30-40% overnight in standby. I have no idea whats causing that...nothing has changed on the phone, nothing has changed with signal, haven't disabled or enabled anything new. Its a mystery...
    11-09-2015 09:36 AM
    For sometime I have gotten to a point where I get excellent battery life...goes all day with around 6 hours or so of SOT or almost 1.5-2 days in some instances with 3-4 hours of SOT.

However, twice over last week...I have had battery drop 30-40% overnight in standby. I have no idea whats causing that...nothing has changed on the phone, nothing has changed with signal, haven't disabled or enabled anything new. Its a mystery...
    Something weird like that, it would make me think there was a network issue during that time.
    Ruben Ocasio and vm81 like this.
    11-09-2015 09:40 AM
    Something weird like that, it would make me think there was a network issue during that time.
    Yup network issues can happen while sleeping even the wifi can have issues while sleeping, doesn't happen to me but I've seen it happen at my daughters house while she comes to my house and her phone runs better.
    11-09-2015 09:43 AM
    Note 5 Battery life thread-image.jpg

battery going down to by 4% cNt be normal please help me guys i hardly collected the money to buy this phone
    11-09-2015 11:47 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	253.5 KB 
ID:	205199

Views:	78 
Size:	405.9 KB 
ID:	205201

battery going down to by 4% cNt be normal please help me guys i hardly collected the money to buy this phone
    Can you not screenshot your battery stats page and post them here?

Also screenshot what apps GSam says is using your battery.
    11-09-2015 12:03 PM
    Can you not screenshot your battery stats page and post them here?

Also screenshot what apps GSam says is using your battery.

i posted them last night like 11pm and im posi ng this 10.am (just keep that into ac too)
    also device looses like 1-2% over night

11-09-2015 09:45 PM
    i posted them last night like 11pm and im posi ng this 10.am (just keep that into ac too)
    also device looses like 1-2% over night

Views:	67 
Size:	557.4 KB 
ID:	205266

Views:	65 
Size:	498.8 KB 
ID:	205267
    You do realize that is good battery, right? Do you know how to screenshot?
    11-09-2015 10:00 PM
    I was scratching my head trying to figure out what's wrong with his battery.

Posted via Note 5 AT&T
    11-09-2015 10:12 PM
    in 5min its looses upto 2-1%

u says thats good?

btw i know how to screen shot, i prefer ipad when it comes to forums than phones
    11-09-2015 10:23 PM
    Hi everybody, does anybody know what the App optimization does? If an app is always optimized, what does it mean? What if I switch the optimization to the automatic mode? Whats the difference and what option iss the best?
    11-10-2015 03:16 AM
    Hi everybody, does anybody know what the App optimization does? If an app is always optimized, what does it mean? What if I switch the optimization to the automatic mode? Whats the difference and what option iss the best?
    Here is an explanation of it.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=603077
    BarfingMonkey and KimGeek like this.
    11-10-2015 06:57 AM
    in 5min its looses upto 2-1%

u says thats good?

btw i know how to screen shot, i prefer ipad when it comes to forums than phones
    You have got to post screenshots from your phone. You need the battery graph, and the first page of the GSam graph. Pictures from a tablet are not clear and are sideways.
    Ruben Ocasio likes this.
    11-10-2015 06:58 AM
    You have got to post screenshots from your phone. You need thw battery graph, and the first page of the GSam graph. Pictures from a tablet are not clear and are sideways.
    roger that maam
    11-10-2015 07:19 AM
3,351 ... 9596979899 ...