04-25-2017 07:16 AM
3,351 ... 979899100101 ...
tools
    I have Verizon. I have WiFi sleep when screen is off. I had poor reception at home but got a signal booster and works great so far.

I'm simply saying given the sample size of my use and the 18 others i have using this device every one of them gets about what I have already posted.

Now maybe it's Verizon. Who knows. We are all on Verizon. But 12-14 hours of sustained business productivity use is the norm and excellent.

This idea of SOT exceeding 6 or 7 and using it normally and as a productivity tool to me is next to impossible.

Hell a friend of mine, a physician on call, using his Note on T Mobile and lives in city that gets constant great reception told me he was 10-12 hours and approx 4 hours of SOT but is a heavy emailer and uses phone for 90-120 min of talk time daily. That's a power user. That's what SAMSUNG markets this as. Productivity tool.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Exactly what issue is it you are having about the battery life of others?

People have different apps on their phones that do different things.

People operate their phones in different ways.

The most important thing, if your phone operates the way you need it to operate for you, then you are all good and the battery life of someone else doesn't affect you.
    11-10-2015 10:08 PM
    Actually I've had the now cards off for a few weeks but turned them back on again today. I think it's a mix of low signal and there being something up with Verizon - I haven't seen any vzw people posting the stats tmobile seems to get. I heard a rumor Verizon will allow WiFi calling soon too, so that should help also.

For now, I have no trips coming up and can always be close to a wireless charger so it won't be an issue for a few months.
    I've seen Verizon people with that standby issue with WiFi and I've seen some Verizon people that don't have it. It does seem from the forums that as many Verizon people don't seem to have battery life as good as some of the other carriers. TMO and international versions also added app optimization in the last update that has made a big difference, Sprint took it out. No idea if Verizon and AT&T will keep it in or not.

There is also another signal booster that will work with any service. It is a LTE booster. It is around $300. I will have to get the link from someone again, that might be something you are interested in. It is much better than the extender that Verizon has.
    11-10-2015 10:19 PM
    Here's what I've got should end up getting SOT 6hrs before i charge at 5%

11-10-2015 11:42 PM
    I've seen Verizon people with that standby issue with WiFi and I've seen some Verizon people that don't have it. It does seem from the forums that as many Verizon people don't seem to have battery life as good as some of the other carriers. TMO and international versions also added app optimization in the last update that has made a big difference, Sprint took it out. No idea if Verizon and AT&T will keep it in or not.

There is also another signal booster that will work with any service. It is a LTE booster. It is around $300. I will have to get the link from someone again, that might be something you are interested in. It is much better than the extender that Verizon has.
    I saw that one. There is no signal right here regardless so I'll wait and hope the WiFi calling gets turned on soon
    11-10-2015 11:57 PM
    I saw that one. There is no signal right here regardless so I'll wait and hope the WiFi calling gets turned on soon
    Well you know that TMO has come out with the LTE one that connects to your Internet and is basically a mini cell tower. If TMO service is good around you and not at your house, that would work. In fact it should work if you have really no TMO service at your house but good service in your area. TMO also has data free music streaming and now data free video streaming for several sites. They will also pay off up to about $650 if you switch services and give you a good credit on your phone. They also have their Note 5 for $15 a month as of today..

Just a thought if their service is good in your area.
    11-11-2015 12:02 AM
    Mod Note - Let's keep it on topic. Calling others "liars" or accusing them of cheating numbers isn't needed. This thread is to help others -- not start a trolling war of who is "spoofing" numbers and vise versa.

Thanks.
    Palladium65 likes this.
    11-11-2015 01:40 AM
    I have a different one now, I switched out my theme.
    Umm!!!
    What is realy .this screen time ..

What is the theme you use
    11-11-2015 03:36 AM
    Note 5 Battery life thread-screenshot_2015-11-11-23-14-28.jpg

How can I fix this please help and I don't even use some of them apps
    11-11-2015 06:21 AM
    Well you know that TMO has come out with the LTE one that connects to your Internet and is basically a mini cell tower. If TMO service is good around you and not at your house, that would work. In fact it should work if you have really no TMO service at your house but good service in your area. TMO also has data free music streaming and now data free video streaming for several sites. They will also pay off up to about $650 if you switch services and give you a good credit on your phone. They also have their Note 5 for $15 a month as of today..

Just a thought if their service is good in your area.
    I know of no locations in the US that Tmob has better signal than verizon. I'm in the mountains so signal is always an issue. Plus, I'm on a business account with 4 other phones and have an unlimited data plan that I use 15gb/mo. Switching isn't really an option, but hopefully Verizon sees how awesome t-mobile is being to their customers and thinks about sucking less on customer experience stuff.
    11-11-2015 07:41 AM
    Oh yes there are areas that TMO has better coverage than Verizon or anyone else, just might not be in your areas. I'm also looking at their 4 unlimited lines for $180.

If Verizon is your only option and the signal at your house is not good and signal in the area is not good, shorter battery life will always be an issue for you. The thing with a booster like the other one posted is that you can only boost the signal at a location, like home and office.
    11-11-2015 07:55 AM
    T-Mobile still needs more coverage areas they are still limited in some areas, not like AT&T and Verizon they are pretty much worldwide.
    11-11-2015 08:04 AM
    T-Mobile still needs more coverage areas they are still limited in some areas, not like AT&T and Verizon they are pretty much worldwide.
    Yes TMO needs better coverage in the US, but now the rural areas have been opened up to them that they couldn't go in before and the plan in the next couple of years is to be nationwide LTE in the US.
    11-11-2015 08:14 AM
    Is it common for the phone radio to be active just as long as wifi? Sorry if this has been answered previously. I downloaded gsam and just noticed it this morning when I took the time to finally look at it. My battery life is fine, just didn't know if this was common.
    Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-1447252075147.jpg  
    11-11-2015 08:27 AM
    Kelly here you go As you said ill used my phone until my battery is oow here you go.

Note 5 Battery life thread-image.jpegNote 5 Battery life thread-image.jpegNote 5 Battery life thread-image.jpegNote 5 Battery life thread-image.jpegNote 5 Battery life thread-image.jpeg
    11-11-2015 08:30 AM
    Is it common for the phone radio to be active just as long as wifi? Sorry if this has been answered previously. I downloaded gsam and just noticed it this morning when I took the time to finally look at it. My battery life is fine, just didn't know if this was common.

i wish i had a battery like your just saying :/

i guess answer to your question is yes
    11-11-2015 08:31 AM
    Kelly here you go As you said ill used my phone until my battery is oow here you go.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	58 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	205452Click image for larger version. 

Views:	57 
Size:	103.5 KB 
ID:	205453Click image for larger version. 

Views:	57 
Size:	133.3 KB 
ID:	205454Click image for larger version. 

Views:	54 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	205455Click image for larger version. 

Views:	54 
Size:	166.9 KB 
ID:	205456
    Ok.. You have 4 hours of screen time right now and almost 2 days on a charge and you are losing right at 2% an hour.

What are you perceiving is wrong with your battery? Also, you have an S6, that is very, very good life for an S6.

What is not meeting your expectations?
    11-11-2015 08:36 AM
    As far as power management is concerned, I consider myself pretty well versed...

There is nothing wrong with your battery performance. You have 4 1/2 hours of SOT over 45 hours. That is, by any account, quite good. If you have an S6, it is EXTREMELY good.....Even if you had the Edge+, that's good. there are people with the S6E who don't manage that much over the course of less than a day.

What are your expectations?

One thing to keep in mind.... SOT and total charge time are inversely related. If I took mine off the charger and just went hell bent for glory, I could get 7+ hours of SOT, but I'd have to charge it in in 10 or so hours.... If I wanted to change once a day, I could do up to 6ish.... If I wanted to push it to once every two days... 4 hours or so. etc.. If I just popped it my table and didn't touch it, I could go a week with next to no SOT.

My active drain is about 12% to 13% an hour, and my average idle drain is about 1%... some combination of those two numbers will dictate how long I go between charges and how much SOT I can expect during that time.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    11-11-2015 08:45 AM
    Ok.. You have 4 hours of screen time right now and almost 2 days on a charge and you are losing right at 2% an hour.

What are you perceiving is wrong with your battery? Also, you have an S6, that is very, very good life for an S6.

well the it seems ok when you see it like that, im loosing 2% while browing ebay for 3min, i can make a video if u want to...
    11-11-2015 08:52 AM
    Im making a video ill be posting it soon
    11-11-2015 10:08 AM
    well the it seems ok when you see it like that, im loosing 2% while browing ebay for 3min, i can make a video if u want to...
    The battery life is great on your phone...

Posted via Note 5 AT&T
    11-11-2015 10:10 AM
    The battery life is great on your phone...

Posted via Note 5 AT&T

As far as power management is concerned, I consider myself pretty well versed...

There is nothing wrong with your battery performance. You have 4 1/2 hours of SOT over 45 hours. That is, by any account, quite good. If you have an S6, it is EXTREMELY good.....Even if you had the Edge+, that's good. there are people with the S6E who don't manage that much over the course of less than a day.

What are your expectations?

One thing to keep in mind.... SOT and total charge time are inversely related. If I took mine off the charger and just went hell bent for glory, I could get 7+ hours of SOT, but I'd have to charge it in in 10 or so hours.... If I wanted to change once a day, I could do up to 6ish.... If I wanted to push it to once every two days... 4 hours or so. etc.. If I just popped it my table and didn't touch it, I could go a week with next to no SOT.

My active drain is about 12% to 13% an hour, and my average idle drain is about 1%... some combination of those two numbers will dictate how long I go between charges and how much SOT I can expect during that time.
    Guys,Guys its shows that it looses 1% in 1 hour, tat is because gsam battery monitor is bugged, see this video i made please see it its just 2.45min

if you still don't believe me i can make a 5min video and show how i lose 4-6%, i don't use the phone much thats why i n the previous it said almost two days... please help me
    11-11-2015 08:32 PM
    But did you get 4.5 SOT over 45 total hours?

That is excellent. The reason why no one can help you is that no one has anything to help with. This is the phone equivalent of Candice Swanepoel complaining that she's fat and ugly.

Don't mean to joke, but you only have to charge your phone once every two days and still get over 4 hours of use during that span. If you did a poll, you wouldn't find many S6 people who would complain.
    11-11-2015 08:49 PM
    Guys,Guys its shows that it looses 1% in 1 hour, tat is because gsam battery monitor is bugged, see this video i made please see it its just 2.45min

if you still don't believe me i can make a 5min video and show how i lose 4-6%, i don't use the phone much thats why i n the previous it said almost two days... please help me
    Don't worry about the percent drop. Overall, you seem to be having good battery life. By chance, do you know what setting (brightness) you have the screen set to? If it's automatic or max then you 'll see higher battery use. If you are looking for maximum battery life consider reducing the setting to 50%-75%.
    11-11-2015 09:03 PM
    Don't worry about the percent drop. Overall, you seem to be having good battery life. By chance, do you know what setting (brightness) you have the screen set to? If it's automatic or max then you 'll see higher battery use. If you are looking for maximum battery life consider reducing the setting to 50%-75%.
    b ightness is set 35%, how am supposed to use it if i it drops in 2minutes, in in 1hour 35% of my battery wpuld be gone or more i need a solution please someone help :/
    11-11-2015 09:57 PM
    [Also battery drains over night even without using it
    11-11-2015 09:59 PM
3,351 ... 979899100101 ...