Attachments

• 843.jpg
    843.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 295
Last edited by a moderator:

phone-a-holic

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Today is my first real test with the battery. I took it off the charger at 7:30 AM. I have talked on 3 10 minute calls, surfed the web, checked my fb account, check my IG account, received/sent about 200 text, received/sent about 20 emails and right now the battery meter is showing 79 percent. I also have my screen set to the highest level and to go out after 15 seconds.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Today is my first real test with the battery. I took it off the charger at 7:30 AM. I have talked on 3 10 minute calls, surfed the web, checked my fb account, check my IG account, received/sent about 200 text, received/sent about 20 emails and right now the battery meter is showing 79 percent. I also have my screen set to the highest level and to go out after 15 seconds.
What time is it there right now? EST?

Lol

Sent from my Note 4.

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
LOL. I must be doing something wrong. Like I mentioned earlier, this is in line with every android phone I have used. If it was my GS6, it would discharging at 7-8% per hour.

med322

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
LOL. I must be doing something wrong. Like I mentioned earlier, this is in line with every android phone I have used. If it was my GS6, it would discharging at 7-8% per hour.

Well it appears bluetooth was on the whole time, were you even using it?

Do you have wifi on for scanning in the background?

Do you have Google Now always listening on?

Do you have your emails constantly syncing?

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

6.5 hours at 79% left that is pretty damn good if you ask me. Did you have the Note 4? If so is it about the same, better or worse?

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Wifi and bluetooth accounted for 1% of the battery usage (according to Gsam anyway) so I dont think thats an issue. Google now listening is off.

Yeah, I think my main drain is corporate email which is always syncing. Like I said though, I am not complaining. From my experience, this battery life is decent enough. Much better than my GS6, and Note 4 was. Not as good as my Z3 or Iphone 6+.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Re: Samsung is supposedly releasing fast-charging portable battery pack

View attachment 191573

This thing will charge your note5 0% to 50% in just 30 minutes

seems like a great new option

Yea sounds great except 64GB Note 5 only available in black (on Verizon) and these battery packs are only available in gold and silver. Seems like one department did not coordinate with the other. Typical. Lets make the phones in black and white but the battery packs in gold and silver.

Last edited:

anon(25362)

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm quite the opposite. My battery life on the Note 4 was horrible, but the iPhone 6+ is phenomenal. So it's a little discouraging that the original poster "The Neighbor" says the Note 5 is awful. Seems like we use our phones very similar.

Same. My Note 4 started out pretty strong out of the box but after about 5-6 months battery was draining quicker and phone was lagging more and more

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
OK. I got mine about 4 hours ago and just got it activated and it's been moving everything over from my Note2 so I can't really give it a serious evaluation. I' will say that it's burning power fast, but it's also running so hard that I can feel the back getting warm. I haven't made it through all the setting yet so I haven't gotten to the energy saving points yet.

Any Tips on that? I've already gone from 100% to 83% in about 2 hours and I haven't really been on it the entire time.

Brand new phone, brand new battery. With most battery technology there will be some changes as the first few initial charges work the battery into shape. So we'll see.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
OK. I got mine about 4 hours ago and just got it activated and it's been moving everything over from my Note2 so I can't really give it a serious evaluation. I' will say that it's burning power fast, but it's also running so hard that I can feel the back getting warm. I haven't made it through all the setting yet so I haven't gotten to the energy saving points yet.

Any Tips on that? I've already gone from 100% to 83% in about 2 hours and I haven't really been on it the entire time.

Brand new phone, brand new battery. With most battery technology there will be some changes as the first few initial charges work the battery into shape. So we'll see.

I wouldnt even worry about the battery until you have set up the phone the way you want.

Every phone ive had i run through battery faster the first couple days setting it up and moving and downloading, doing a lot of that at once drains the battery faster.

Get it set up and then charge it to full. You should see a difference between setting the phone up with lots of downloads and just regular usage.

Posted via the Android Central App

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
My usage and battery seems about the same as with the Note 4. I miss the hot swap battery, but then again this phone definitely charges faster than the Note 4.

I also could swear it charges faster wireless just using a "normal" wireless charger, not the fast one.

It is still too bad standby isn't close to the iphone 6+. Buddy loved giving me **** about the Note 4 vs his 6+, now the same with the Note 5

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Same. My Note 4 started out pretty strong out of the box but after about 5-6 months battery was draining quicker and phone was lagging more and more

Phones need "their oil changed" just like cars. Different reasons, but a little maintenance goes a long way. The ideal is a periodic factory reset, but that is a bit radical. Even without the full reset. Periodically checking your apps to see what is killing your battery, cleaning out old apps that you don't use anymore, that kind of thing does wonders to your device, and especially battery life (and lag).

With the minor exception of the battery wearing (Samsung warranties their batteries to be at least 80% of rated capacity by the end of the first year), phones don't mechanically wear out, or get worn down through age and use. So if the device isn't working up to snuff, then there are software issues that are effecting the usage of your device. Software issues can me worked out in most cases. My Note 4 is working as good as it has ever. I did a hard reset after getting the lollipop update, and it runs like a beast. From time to time, I notice some lag, or a sudden hit to the battery, like after I got my smartwatch, and loaded a ton of related apps... but I figured out which ones I needed and used, and checked those for any battery hogs, and I was good again.

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Wow ..this is pretty bad
6f87a74108c2057b7a4d2907f2e1c78e.jpg

Nothing bad. I'm charging it right now but look at my averages at the bottom.. Had it since last Friday.

0ebb0732d1e3d9875a4409480085b5d4.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech