Note 5 Battery life thread

kidstechno

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have a Note 5 + Moto 360 or other bluetooth smart watch? Does it drain the battery pretty quickly? Not sure if they've updated Bluetooth to be more efficient.

Winston P

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I used to work for Best Buy Mobile and I can tell you from experience that it is just the display units. There is custom demo software installed on the unit that takes up a significant amount of space.

Posted via the Android Central App

Not just the custom demo software, a Note 5 display I saw recently had 40+ apps you wouldn't see if you bought it, with everything from Asphalt 8 to Snapchat preloaded.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have a Note 5 + Moto 360 or other bluetooth smart watch? Does it drain the battery pretty quickly? Not sure if they've updated Bluetooth to be more efficient.

I have note 5 with LG G Watch. It doesn't drain the battery for me, if you're speaking of the smart watch itself. Though, I only charge my watch at night.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I have been doing side by side comparison using the same apps and usage with my new Note 5 vs Note 4. The draining is about the same, sadly.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I have been doing side by side comparison using the same apps and usage with my new Note 5 vs Note 4. The draining is about the same, sadly.

As long as its the same as the same as the note4 i can deal with it. The note4 lasted me through a long day

Altema22

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Here you go...

Screenshot%2080%20percent_zpsgrg7ehdo.png

Screenshot%2071%20percent_zpslf9c18ip.png

Screenshot%2037%20percent_zps3vsrwz2h.png

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok, call me paranoid

I've been an Android user for 6 years. Most of my Android phones have had a removable battery. I've always carried a spare battery in my pocket. I never looked at battery usage. I knew I could rely upon the one in my pocket.

Until now. I have the Note 5 and, while I love it, I think I've become paranoid about the battery. I find myself looking at the battery percentage every time I pick it up. I've got Qi charger at work, at home and a Qi charger in my car. I have no idea how long the battery will last because it's always being charged. I almost panicked when the battery went under 90% today. I'm hoping this feeling of paranoia will subside. After all I have a Moto 360 watch and a Note 10.1 tablet and neither one of those have a removable battery and I don't worry about them at all.

I'm hoping this feeling goes away. Keeping my fingers crossed.

w7sg

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Ok, call me paranoid

I've been an Android user for 6 years. Most of my Android phones have had a removable battery. I've always carried a spare battery in my pocket. I never looked at battery usage. I knew I could rely upon the one in my pocket.

Until now. I have the Note 5 and, while I love it, I think I've become paranoid about the battery. I find myself looking at the battery percentage every time I pick it up. I've got Qi charger at work, at home and a Qi charger in my car. I have no idea how long the battery will last because it's always being charged. I almost panicked when the battery went under 90% today. I'm hoping this feeling of paranoia will subside. After all I have a Moto 360 watch and a Note 10.1 tablet and neither one of those have a removable battery and I don't worry about them at all.

Oh brother! :) Give it a full charge overnight. No charge during the day, let us know what % is left at the end of the day or when you get home. :)

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

I have felt the same way, it really took me a lot to see a battery at 70 percent not almost out lol.

my difference is i am used to non removable batteries since i bounce back and forth between the notes and motorola Droid. Ive always shopped phones by battery size first, and then picked from the top.

Hopefully you get used to it, lol. I did

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering since the edge +has less software and same specs will the battery last longer or ram have more room without spen features

Its probably offset by the edge having sofware for edge app and edge notification thing.. i bet if we looked at actual loaded comparison that they are probably too close to make a difference.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Yeah , every phone I have had with sealed batteries gave me the same feeling. The IPhone 5s, HTC M7 and M8 and the Gs6. It will subside once you get used to the rythym of your new phone.

stanleybb50

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

Just get an external quick charge battery like the 10,400 mAh ones on Amazon, or the Samsung external 5,200 mAh battery and carry that for piece of mind. I'm like you, but I started training myself and getting used to it on my note 4 recently.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Then I'd miss out on the usable fingerprint scanner, the improved camera, taking notes without waking up the phone, raw image support, faster launching and focusing camera,wireless charging built in, no lag and the awesome feel. And Samsung pay

Don't really need a removable battery if the battery lasts more than a day.
And I already have a note 4 I will be selling tomorrow.
No sammy pay on vzw

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol