Note 5 Battery life thread

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site
No its not, I wouldnt say it is good, because it was off the charger just for an hour and I have done nothing but read the news for 2 mins and already 94%

Also those stats are not correct I think yesterday I managed 4 hours SOT before phone died.

EDIT: SOmething is not quite right, since I installed GSam Battery pro, my normal android stats do not show anything, no % for screen or other things, only can see facebook and messenger there.

Last edited:

cortezi

Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
usage over the last 2 days has been pretty good... screenies are from Aug 23rd and Aug 24th. on the 23rd primary use was tethering with about 112 minutes in phone calls. the 24th, majority of usage was reading lots of emails (responding to a few) and approximately 2 hrs in phone calls and 23 minutes streaming video via WatchESPN. (the white space in the graph represents 3 times where i had to turn off my device (hand it to security) while assisting my team). very acceptable for my usage patterns; i'm now using this quick charge device in place of batteries which should get me through the day without issue. also want to reiterate that i'm a business user who likes to have the latest gadgets; more an "atypical" user.

Aug 23rd
August 23.jpg

Aug 24th
August 24.jpg

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site
usage over the last 2 days has been pretty good... screenies are from Aug 23rd and Aug 24th. on the 23rd primary use was tethering with about 112 minutes in phone calls. the 24th, majority of usage was reading lots of emails (responding to a few) and approximately 2 hrs in phone calls and 23 minutes streaming video via WatchESPN. (the white space in the graph represents 3 times where i had to turn off my device (hand it to security) while assisting my team). very acceptable for my usage patterns; i'm now using this quick charge device in place of batteries which should get me through the day without issue.

Aug 23rd
View attachment 192976

Aug 24th
View attachment 192977

Stats are amazing and nowhere near mine, did you top up the device at all during the day?

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I purchased this for days when I am away from an outlet and need a boost.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4634220

It should give me a good 70-80% boost and it will easily fit in my pants pocket. I have a 20,000 mAh unit for heavy days or weekends if needed as well. Most regular days I will be fine with the built in battery and I am a pretty heavy user.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

jdhooghe

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. Volte is off. Maybe it's just that I have really bad reception right now. When I move back to the city in a week we'll see

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

cortezi

Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
I purchased this for days when I am away from an outlet and need a boost.

Amazon.com: Power Bank, GMYLE® 2500mAh Ultra-Thin Wallet Sized Portable USB External Battery Charger w/ Built-in Lightning & Micro USB Cable for USB-Charged Devices (Black): Office Products

It should give me a good 70-80% boost and it will easily fit in my pants pocket. I have a 20,000 mAh unit for heavy days or weekends if needed as well. Most regular days I will be fine with the built in battery and I am a pretty heavy user.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk
@ClintRo - is that a quick charge device?

cortezi

Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
Stats are amazing and nowhere near mine, did you top up the device at all during the day?
@sup3r1or - no, i intentionally did not charge my N5 during the time periods in my pictures. this is my informal test to determine battery life without access to a charger. i know they'll be days when battery life will suck and i'll have to use a charger (i'm working for a client in the middle of nowhere). right now, i'm 100% stock (no debloating), HD VoLTE is disabled, display is at 40% brightness (fixed) and my screen shuts off after 10 minutes. as i mentioned in my post, i'm an atypical user during my work week - it's primarily business use (e.g., no reading/posting to social media, watching You Tube videos).

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site
What I have done now is disabled LTE, where I live singal is spotty it always switched to HSDPA and 4G. Lets see if that helps so far not really. 1% every 2 mins of use.

What happened after I installed GSAM battery? I no longer have any stats in battery under settings, no screen % no nothing. God I hate these android bugs, tired of doing factory resets already.

jdhooghe

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
For those with high g services drain, try out GService Fix on the app store. It seems to have taken out my Google play drain.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

varucell

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Here was my day yesterday. This was better than the day before. I definitely see a difference after disabling all the bloat.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 229.jpg
    229.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 149
  • 228.jpg
    228.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 149
  • 227.jpg
    227.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 80

Asvaldr

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
this is after my first full day of work. This reflects my normal usage much better than my previous post. This is some of the best battery life I have ever experienced on an Android phone!

Attachments

• 547.jpg
    547.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 231

Soulfly79

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
This is what I had on Sunday, with all turned on.
I believe I had about 3 hours of screen on.
412.jpg

On Monday I turned off Enhanced 4G LTE and I got this.
Scrapbook_1440508498641.jpg
Scrapbook_1440508501949.jpg

I'm on AT&T and pretty much all the time I was on wifi.

Today I enabled Enhanced 4G LTE and disabled WiFi auto connect and always allow scanning. I'll post tomorrow what the results are.

I can tell that my note 4 had great battery life.
After the last att update, a factory reset it and disabling quite a lot of bloatware I would have 30% left in a day like Monday.

On Note 5 you can disable a lot more without the need to use the debloater tool, so I haven't used yet.
But I did disable all Att apps, along with Amazon, ubber, live walpapers straight on app manager.

Here is a screens hot of what I have disabled.
415.jpg

Attachments

• Scrapbook_1440508498641.jpg
    Scrapbook_1440508498641.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site
So i have disabled 4g competely i can def feel its a bit better. However right now im looking at 4 closer to 5 hours SOT by the time i hit 1% battery. I cant even wrap my.mind how the h can peole get more and still have battery left?

Attachments

• 1440512347860.jpg
    1440512347860.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 86

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Like Kelly said.

Different networks, cell signal strength, usage patterns, wifi use, accessories like Bluetooth and watches, screen brightens and timeouts...etc Mine changes on a daily basis pretty much.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yup, there are days on my N4 I got only 4 hours of SOT and about 8-10 hours on a charge and some days I got 9 hours SOT and 18 hours on a charge.

schwartzki

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
I will post updates to this thread, but over the weekend my phone was down to 50% by 2-3pm with what I consider light to moderate use. Coming from iPhone 6 Plus I similar usage would net me 2 days off a single charge.

During work yesterday was at home on wifi and was using hangouts on PC throughout the day with notifications turned off and battery was at 53% at 4pm.

Today at work not on WiFi - I have disabled all unused bloatware, hangouts notifications off, WiFi off and SOT of 41min and 6 hours of use in at 71%. Which I find terrible for the fact that it is almost all standby usage. I picked up a Moto 360 with the giftcard from BB and that battery died by 10am this morning so something happened to that but it's not reflected in phone battery stats and drainage is constant after the watch died.

Edit:
Here are usage stats as of 11am this morning
1.png
2.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37