Note 5 Battery life thread

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Don't you know that if you are in this thread you are already pretty dam nutz? hahahaha

lol

Well I've just seen people obsess because someone gets a different time than they do. Ironically, obsessing over battery and checking it every few minutes, uses the battery lol

jdhooghe

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site

jdhooghe

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
fd10097178af6fc65398c20b7612c8f0.jpg

Sent from my smexy Note 5

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
lol

Well I've just seen people obsess because someone gets a different time than they do. Ironically, obsessing over battery and checking it every few minutes, uses the battery lol
Kinda like when the battery is dying but the phone turns on the screen to notify you the battery is dying..... Lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Have any of Y'ALL been having issues of your GSM battery app NOT refreshing to the current date? Mine has stayed at August 18th for a few days, though I noticed it just yesterday. I have emailed the developer, but I'm wondering if I will have to re-install the app.

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I think he was talking more percent. Mine has never been that Hugh if a percent. My screen is always the highest.

Previously with my Note 5 I had this issue. The phone radio matched exactly the total time off battery (the default battery tracker shows this better) AND cell standby took a huge amount of battery. I switched Note 5s and haven't yet installed all my apps, but for some reason that drain is gone.

Attachments

• 1440795068567.jpg
    1440795068567.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 83

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
I was under the impression he was talking about the amount of time the cell radio was on. Unless you are in airplane mode or have the phone off, your cell radio time will be the same as the phone on time

Sent from my smexy Note 5
Percentage used. I know the time is however long I have the radios on for. But I've noticed others, who has their radio on for a longer amount of time, with percentage use in the single digits, while mine is at 50%. That was my concern

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
My percent is low, time is the same, but low percentage.
Dang that is amazing. Mine is hovering between 12-18%, I'm happy with that but yours is superb Lol.
Previously with my Note 5 I had this issue. The phone radio matched exactly the total time off battery (the default battery tracker shows this better) AND cell standby took a huge amount of battery. I switched Note 5s and haven't yet installed all my apps, but for some reason that drain is gone.
My cell standby was a killer when I first got the phone. It went away after I turned off wifi calling and volte

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I remember years ago when I first tried Android. Back then I'd constantly check the battery and what it was doing. Here we are 7-8 years later, nope, not doing that anymore. Most devices are built to last at least 10-12 hours, with a few exceptions.

I'd suggest we all get used to getting home\going to bed and plugging the device in to charge, while we're recharging our bodies, too ;)

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this has been discussed, but Phonearena has done a comparison of the Note 5 vs IPhone 6 +.

Here's their finding on battery life/recharging times....

Interesting article, by the way.....

Phone Arena.JPG

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I installed GSM battery and it says lookout is using 16.2% ,does anyone here used lookout or do most people disable it?

Posted via the Android Central App

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Not sure if this has been discussed, but Phonearena has done a comparison of the Note 5 vs IPhone 6 +.

Here's their finding on battery life/recharging times....

Interesting article, by the way.....

View attachment 193739

Everyone in these forums that said they switched from the 6+ says the opposite. The 6+ battery last longer. I'll take real world use over benchmark scores anyday.