Note 5 Battery life thread

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Wow my phones battery has gotten better with timw and today it is doing great, I'm keeping the note 5 for sure :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Good deal. Once you get everything like you want, the battery does seem to "settle" in. It takes a few days after new or a reset, to settle in.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Wow my phones battery has gotten better with timw and today it is doing great, I'm keeping the note 5 for sure :)

Great to hear that. Mine has never been bad, but after several charge cycles, app updates, tweaking things to my liking it's settled in. Lastly, after a few changes last night, I've finally killed off that dang cell standby. Now I'm good.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
No that is a wipe cache.

And when you went to choose a new ringtone in sounds, nothing is there?

I was talking about holding power and volume down until it rebooted.

There's were no tones. I realized it when I was getting emails and text but no notification sounds.

When I went into sounds there was nothing to select.

Now there is when I used that zip file from post just not Note 5 stock sounds. Completely different now

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
There's were no tones. I realized it when I was getting emails and text but no notification sounds.

Now there is when I used that zip file from post just not Note 5 stock sounds. Completely different now

OK, two things I know to do. First a reset, do it from the menu of holding down home, power, volume up. There is a reset option listed above cache wipe, then set it up as a new device when it asks. The second, go by Best Buy, at the Samsung counter ask them to flash it for you.

I just don't understand how those can be gone, they are system files and you don't even have access without root..

James8561

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm currently using Doze and DU Battery Saver Pro, which seems to do the same thing as ShutApp but doesn't collect IMEI. What do you guys think of DU?

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Did you by any chance install something like Zedge, used it to open your ringtones and notifications (thereby setting Zedge as the default), but didn't download/install any sounds?

This would result in nothing to choose from when you try to set ringtones and notifications from the sound settings.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
OK, two things I know to do. First a reset, do it from the menu of holding down home, power, volume up. There is a reset option listed above cache wipe, then set it up as a new device when it asks. The second, go by Best Buy, at the Samsung counter ask them to flash it for you.

I just don't understand how those can be gone, they are system files and you don't even have access without root..

When u say set up as new user does that mean I'm going to have to set up everything all over again? I really don't want to go through that again.

Also what keyboard are you using? Swiftkey? I had it but removed it as it was always showing up under battery issues. Maybe it's not a big deal.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
When u say set up as new user does that mean I'm going to have to set up everything all over again? I really don't want to go through that again.

Also what keyboard are you using? Swiftkey? I had it but removed it as it was always showing up under battery issues. Maybe it's not a big deal.

Yeah set it up as a new user. You can try to let it load everything and see if they show up. I'm just trying to figure the easiest way to get it done, reset is the last option I want. Best Buy is a quick and easy way to do it, they just flash the software back on your phone and it is free, but there is some setting up.

Yeah, I use SwiftKey, have for several years now. It will show on what is used and it never needs to be hibernated. It should never use much battery.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Great to hear that. Mine has never been bad, but after several charge cycles, app updates, tweaking things to my liking it's settled in. Lastly, after a few changes last night, I've finally killed off that dang cell standby. Now I'm good.

Yeah when I just got the device the adaptive fast charger that came with the device after hours of bring plugged in it wasn't fully charges kinda made me nervous so I started use my note 4 one,and I just hooked up the one that came with the note 5 and it works now It charges all fast, and my battery is great now

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah set it up as a new user. You can try to let it load everything and see if they show up. I'm just trying to figure the easiest way to get it done, reset is the last option I want. Best Buy is a quick and easy way to do it, they just flash the software back on your phone and it is free, but there is some setting up.

Yeah, I use SwiftKey, have for several years now. It will show on what is used and it never needs to be hibernated. It should never use much battery.

I prefer swiftkey and noticed that in my notifications every day it keeps telling me to select Samsung Keyboard. Drove me nuts.

I use Google Now Launcher and if I do a hard reset to set-up as new user is that going to disappear as well?

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah when I just got the device the adaptive fast charger that came with the device after hours of bring plugged in it wasn't fully charges kinda made me nervous so I started use my note 4 one,and I just hooked up the one that came with the note 5 and it works now It charges all fast, and my battery is great now

Additionally that means having to disable all that bloatware and stop sync on Google again.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I prefer swiftkey and noticed that in my notifications every day it keeps telling me to select Samsung Keyboard. Drove me nuts.

I use Google Now Launcher and if I do a hard reset to set-up as new user is that going to disappear as well?

Used to, Samsung wouldn't keep the default keyboard, not an issue now.

Yes that will. Setting up as a new user you will have to download everything again.

You can try to reset from the phone and restore when you log into your Gmail and see if they show up.

Look at the post a couple back concerning Zedge and see if that is an issue for you.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Used to, Samsung wouldn't keep the default keyboard, not an issue now.

Yes that will. Setting up as a new user you will have to download everything again.

You can try to reset from the phone and restore when you log into your Gmail and see if they show up.

Look at the post a couple back concerning Zedge and see if that is an issue for you.

I don't use Zedge but used to.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Wanted to ask this. I use Chrome a lot and I remember being able to see all the tabs open. How do I view that and how do I close them all?