Note 5 Battery life thread

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
what is your carrier? what apps have have you selected on "DOZE"?

T-Mobile

What I'm keeping from dozing is the phone, the clock, messaging, weather alert apps, Geo News, Beautiful Widgets, SwiftKey, Google Photo.

So How does it compares with previous day with just ShutApp?

The problem is that with Doze's update yesterday some things were changed that affects the way it handles the blocked connections (according to what I was told) so it may be possible that it works even better now, what I'm saying is don't uninstall it just yet if you don't really like it and give it one more full charge cycle and see, then you'll have more data to compare and get to your conclusions.

I'm not sure yet that I can really tell a difference with Doze than without it yet.

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I think I'm not getting notifications using Shutapp and Doze. When I turn my screen on, I suddenly get a ton of gmails. Haven't tested with text yet, I keep responding via pc

Mariah Richardson

May 26, 2014
Visit site
After reading through this thread and seeing people's device temperatures I noticed that mine is slightly higher than everyone else's. It drifts between 93-95 degrees. I do have a case on it, if that makes a difference. What's a normal temp?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I think I'm not getting notifications using Shutapp and Doze. When I turn my screen on, I suddenly get a ton of gmails. Haven't tested with text yet, I keep responding via pc

Try adding Gmail, Google Account Manager, Google Play services and Google Services framework to the Active list, I added all of them because the relations they have with each other, and I receive all my Gmails in 2 accounts without any issues.

I also added Google Backup Transport, Calendar Sync, Contacts Sync and google Play Store, so all the services I want and use, like Google backups and the Sync, don't get affected while the screen is off.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
After reading through this thread and seeing people's device temperatures I noticed that mine is slightly higher than everyone else's. It drifts between 93-95 degrees. I do have a case on it, if that makes a difference. What's a normal temp?

That is a normal temperature. Mine varies. This is the chart for mine. Right now, I'm charging, so it is higher.

Attachments

• 1441132882625.jpg
    1441132882625.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 53

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Want to thank Kelly Kearns for helping me out through my battery issue. I did a full reboot and started from scratch and that seemed to do the trick.

Unplugged last night and off charger at 100% phone only lost 3% over 5.5 hours.

Then when off charger I'm getting what appears to work out to 11-12 hours but I'm a heavy user so this is more than acceptable to me.

Much appreciated Kelly

Posted via the Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Okay, cool. If I post my battery stats would you mind taking a look at it and telling me if it looks normal?

Sure post what you have.

On another note, my Note 3 had a motherboard go bad and it was running hot. They didn't worry about it until it was getting up to about 105 and it got even hotter than that.

Mariah Richardson

May 26, 2014
Visit site
ng3o1d.png

I was using the phone heavily for a bit until it got down to around 86% then I left it untouched, except for a few texts here and there and receiving a snapchat.

Mariah Richardson

May 26, 2014
Visit site
So far that looks pretty good. Post a screenshot of your battery graph also.

b2.pngb3.png

I don't know if I'm just being paranoid but I feel like it's draining fast, compared to other people's stats on this thread.

EDIT: Like the battery app says, it used 11% in an hour and a half of very light usage. Doesn't that seem like a lot?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if I'm just being paranoid but I feel like it's draining fast, compared to other people's stats on this thread.

EDIT: Like the battery app says, it used 11% in an hour and a half of very light usage. Doesn't that seem like a lot?

That looks a little fast, but not terribly fast. One thing I noticed is the difference in the cell signal in each screenshot. Are you in a "ok to sometimes bad" coverage area?

AlexMarie15

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
This was my first day of school use and I'm extremely pleased. Obviously my screen on time is lower than a non-school day, but I LOVE it is my top drainer. On my note 4 this was never the case.

Attachments

• 1441136969451.jpg
    1441136969451.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 1441136979893.jpg
    1441136979893.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 47

Mariah Richardson

May 26, 2014
Visit site
That looks a little fast, but not terribly fast. One thing I noticed is the difference in the cell signal in each screenshot. Are you in a "ok to sometimes bad" coverage area?

Yes, that would be the perfect way to describe it lol. I live in Michigan right on the water with Canada across the water, so signal strength is pretty bad the closer I get to the border. But I've been home this entire time.

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Any suggestions on undoing Facebook updates? .

Facebook always had an absurd number of wakelocks on my Note 2. We can't check wakelocks with the GSAM app anymore on the Note 5, so I can't really say with 100% certainty that it's the same for the Note 5, but I'd be willing to gamble that it still has a ridiculously high number of wakelocks. My workaround for this is just not using the FB app and using the browser version through Chrome instead.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes, that would be the perfect way to describe it lol. I live in Michigan right on the water with Canada across the water, so signal strength is pretty bad the closer I get to the border. But I've been home this entire time.

Well the signal bars in the second screen dropped. Do you know where the graphs are in GSam? There is one for signal. Screenshot that one and post it.

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone here use Google Wallet? It has a decent number of wake locks on my phone. My drain, I'm certain, is either Google Wallet or Google Now. Both, I use daily. I would prefer to minimize their battery affect though

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone here use Google Wallet? It has a decent number of wake locks on my phone. My drain, I'm certain, is either Google Wallet or Google Now. Both, I use daily. I would prefer to minimize their battery affect though

I don't use it, but I have in the past. It used to check if there were deals or coupons nearby. I had to turn that part off, it drove me nuts with notifications.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane