Whoa wait. There's a Cortana app?

Posted via the Android Central App
Yep! Search Cortana for Android on Google and opt in to the beta

c05a7e2754a2c6c42401812176ea1bdc.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Just to let you know that I got my T-Mobile Note 5 today, after waiting for an Unlocked Silver one, I just got tired and also realized that it's not coming down on price for some time, so i took the plunge for this one and immediately sent to Samsung the 1 year free Netflix offer to help with the total price paid.

So I've been setting it up, doing my usual tweaks and soon I'll be helping with more direct experience. Kelly, the Auto Stop feature, at least on the T-mobile version is on the Smart manager App, under RAM management, Manage Apps. So for all of you that at least have the Smart manager App try it in there, for the rest look for it on the battery Settings, but it's definitely there.

I'll keep in touch.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Just pulled out my old Note 2, Note 3, as well as S5. Also my current S6 and Note 4. None of them have that notification. I've never seen it before.

Although all of them are Verizon phones, so perhaps that's the reason?

Could be because it is Verizon, each carrier has their own tweaks and all my other phones were AT&T.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Just to let you know that I got my T-Mobile Note 5 today, after waiting for an Unlocked Silver one, I just got tired and also realized that it's not coming down on price for some time, so i took the plunge for this one and immediately sent to Samsung the 1 year free Netflix offer to help with the total price paid.

So I've been setting it up, doing my usual tweaks and soon I'll be helping with more direct experience. Kelly, the Auto Stop feature, at least on the T-mobile version is on the Smart manager App, under RAM management, Manage Apps. So for all of you that at least have the Smart manager App try it in there, for the rest look for it on the battery Settings, but it's definitely there.

I'll keep in touch.

Oh.. I don't mess with that. It is connected to Clean Master, so I don't touch that app.

jdhooghe

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Just downloaded it so we will see. Don't like it for my SP3 because it is a big drag on battery in connected standby on that device. Hopefully won't happen here.

Even if it did have a battery drain it is easy to hibernate it compared to Google Now which is baked into Android itself imo

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site

I'll keep in touch.

You're an addict! :) can't wait for your thoughts on the Note 5. Would love a battery comparison to the S6 Active.

dreaming of electric sheep

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Not the epic battery others have had but after I disabled Google Now battery has been best I've had.

Now waiting for cell range extender and see if I can fix poor coverage from home.

Attachments

• 260.jpg
    260.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 118

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Oh.. I don't mess with that. It is connected to Clean Master, so I don't touch that app.

Well, this is something that was on the battery management on the S6 and S6 edge but since latest update it was moved to be accessed through that app, if it's really part of the app or not I don't know, only thing I know it's that it indeed helped with S6 batteries when it was released.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
You're an addict! :) can't wait for your thoughts on the Note 5. Would love a battery comparison to the S6 Active.

dreaming of electric sheep

Yeah, sadly but true, what can I do? But it will very difficult to be near the battery life of the Active, that thing was a monster with its 3500 mAh battery, but once I finish doing all my tweaks and setting everything as I always do, I'll definitely have very good material for a true comparison and non biased opinion.

jdhooghe

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Do you know what play services was doing? Installing apps or is that unknown? Also maps takes a lot of juice so the comparisons to ours will be difficult to make. Facebook it seems is also running rampant on you; it worries me that it is taking more juice than a quad hd screen

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Do you know what play services was doing? Installing apps or is that unknown? Also maps takes a lot of juice so the comparisons to ours will be difficult to make. Facebook it seems is also running rampant on you; it worries me that it is taking more juice than a quad hd screen

The majority of my usage today was Facebook. I have my screen brightness to 25%/auto. I used navigation for about 25 minutes today. Not sure what play services was doing. I have Google Location Services on along with history.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

toojatt4u

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
I just got the phone and I'm not sure how long the battery should last. I fully charged it and its been running for 46 minutes and i went from 100 to 87. My brightness is low, my wifi is on, location is off. I'm not sure if this is good or normal? I have 8 hours and 42 minutes left according to the system. is this normal? i havent used apps at all and no internet either. you guys are all getting good readouts and it doesnt seem like i am.

Jamez Avila

Banned
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Another day of 6 plus hours SOT and 15 hrs total for the day. Def beats my old S6!!

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-03-22-49-13.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-09-03-22-49-13.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 182
  • Screenshot_2015-09-03-22-49-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-09-03-22-49-20.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 183

jdhooghe

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
The majority of my usage today was Facebook. I have my screen brightness to 25%/auto. I used navigation for about 25 minutes today. Not sure what play services was doing. I have Google Location Services on along with history.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
There's an app in the play store called gservice fix. I've never used it but I've heard that it fixes that drain. Maybe someone here can comment on it

Maps is going to drain the battery like mad so I'd wait until tomorrow so you can see the baseline that everyone has been using.

As for Facebook I have notifications off and video autoplay off. I also hibernate the app after use because I don't trust it to behave.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Well, this is something that was on the battery management on the S6 and S6 edge but since latest update it was moved to be accessed through that app, if it's really part of the app or not I don't know, only thing I know it's that it indeed helped with S6 batteries when it was released.

Yeah it was, but the Clean Master, by Cheetah Mobile, isn't an app in the app drawer, but is listed in application manager. When you open that built in app, the data and cache on Clean Master immediately go up and it is a unnecessary RAM cleaner and it can interfere with indexing, which can make your Android System run high.

jdhooghe

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Yeah it was, but the Clean Master, by Cheetah Mobile, isn't an app in the app drawer, but is listed in application manager. When you open that built in app, the data and cache on Clean Master immediately go up and it is a unnecessary RAM cleaner and it can interfere with indexing, which can make your Android System run high.
I did not know this! Every time the ram is cleared android has to go through and re-index everything? That would probably explain a lot of what users see as high android system drain

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I did not know this! Every time the ram is cleared android has to go through and re-index everything? That would probably explain a lot of what users see as high android system drain

No, when Clean Master is used it had to go through rendexing or actually finish reindexing, because it never finished in the first place.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae