Note 5 Battery life thread

chesterdawg

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I totally agree. If you are going to disable most of the Android goodies why bother with this phone.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I have a Note 3 with 4 batteries. I purchased the 3 spare Samsung 3000 mAh batteries for $5 each on ebay. One of the many reasons I don't use apple anything is the iphone battery is sealed.

I won't be getting a Note 5 for this reason. What was Samsung thinking? I hope they build another large screen phone with replaceable battery, I use at least 2-3/day.

Steve

Steve.

chesterdawg

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I was trying to respond to a reply that said "Why bother getting an android if you're going to turn everything off? that's why I use iphone?"

to which I replied "I have a Note 3 with 4 batteries. I purchased the 3 spare Samsung 3000 mAH batteries for $5 each on ebay. One of the many reasons I don't use apple anything is the iphone battery is sealed."

"I hope Samsung (or Nexus maybe?) builds a large screen android phone with replaceable batteries."

This reply got buried 25 pages back with the original reply instead of being posted to the end of this thread?

Steve

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I use at least 2-3/day.

Steve.

You must live on your phone? You don't have another larger screen to mess with? I could not spend that much time on my phone thought the day without getting a head ache. For the most part I monitor these thread on my chromebook or ipad.

Note5User

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
Thanks you will do this today. And i have Galaxy s4, which also have same signal. But this will drain only 5% over night.

No luck i tried on both my phones today over night

1. with Signal and Wifi On - Drained 40%
2. With Signal off and Wifi On - Drained - 35%

I am disappointing with this battery performance

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Carrier bloat isn't a problem unless you enable them. I don't see what the problem is with carrier bloat. AFAIK, you actually have to launch them to have them running. Why would anyone do that then turn around and disable them. I have a bunch of AT&T carrier bloat but they are not enabled because I never launched them in the first place.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Note5User

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
Try installing GSam battery monitor and post some stats using that to obtain the same info.

Attached From my Note 5 one which have Signal and Wifi On overnight. Other One i have recharged to 100% :(

Screenshot_2015-09-06-08-38-58.jpg

Checked emails and whatsapp for about 20 30 mins.

Screenshot_2015-09-06-09-40-57.jpg

Screenshot_2015-09-06-09-41-45.jpg

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
So here's something interesting. I changed the WiFi active status to only stay on when plugged in not ALWAYS. So obviously GSM runs when not on battery and yet you can see WiFi is on the same time as Cell Radio. Makes Zero sense.

Thoughts?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 357.jpg
    357.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 112
  • 358.jpg
    358.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 112

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
So what's better, Doze, Shutapp or Greenify?
Shutapp and greenify are similar, they don't let the apps selected run in background . you won't receive notifications from these apps

Doze will block the apps you select from connecting to the Internet.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
So here's something interesting. I changed the WiFi active status to only stay on when plugged in not ALWAYS. So obviously GSM runs when not on battery and yet you can see WiFi is on the same time as Cell Radio. Makes Zero sense.

Thoughts?

Posted via the Android Central App

But you have right below that option the Allow always scanning on, turn that off.

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Shutapp and greenify are similar, they don't let the apps selected run in background . you won't receive notifications from these apps

Doze will block the apps you select from connecting to the Internet.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Attached From my Note 5 one which have Signal and Wifi On overnight. Other One i have recharged to 100% :(

View attachment 195307

Checked emails and whatsapp for about 20 30 mins.

View attachment 195308

View attachment 195309
Doze will block everything and only allow what you turn on. Very different.

chesterdawg

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
You must live on your phone? You don't have another larger screen to mess with? I could not spend that much time on my phone thought the day without getting a head ache. For the most part I monitor these thread on my chromebook or ipad.

That's not the point. I stream music all day at work, I use Waze (excellent app for navigation but excels in its ability to let you know of any and all traffic problems around you, ahead on your current road/hwy or on your planned route. There are millions of users who keep it updated. If you see a delay, cop, accident etc. you click on your Waze map and when others come up on it they give a thumbs up if its still there or state that its gone). For real time traffic updates along my route to work and back daily and enjoy reading, watching Netflix, facebook etc. while waiting for my kids at their practice after school.

I have PC at work and laptops and desktops at home but I got the large screen, speedy Note 3 to use as above and it would not get me through the day if not for the ability to replace with fresh batteries. I always have a fresh battery in my pocket so anytime I end up having to wait for some unplanned reason I can kill time with my Note 3 and not have to worry about running out of power.

I will only purchase Android phones with large screen, replaceable batteries and lots of horse power.

I thought Samsung was smart enough to know this. Most people buy iphones because its the trendy thing to do. I don't use any apple products for many reasons including over priced and over rated.

Sorry for going off track just making myself clear.

Steve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12