Note 5 Battery life thread

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
That's not the point. I stream music all day at work, I use Waze (excellent app for navigation but excels in its ability to let you know of any and all traffic problems around you, ahead on your current road/hwy or on your planned route. There are millions of users who keep it updated. If you see a delay, cop, accident etc. you click on your Waze map and when others come up on it they give a thumbs up if its still there or state that its gone). For real time traffic updates along my route to work and back daily and enjoy reading, watching Netflix, facebook etc. while waiting for my kids at their practice after school.

I have PC at work and laptops and desktops at home but I got the large screen, speedy Note 3 to use as above and it would not get me through the day if not for the ability to replace with fresh batteries. I always have a fresh battery in my pocket so anytime I end up having to wait for some unplanned reason I can kill time with my Note 3 and not have to worry about running out of power.

I will only purchase Android phones with large screen, replaceable batteries and lots of horse power.

I thought Samsung was smart enough to know this. Most people buy iphones because its the trendy thing to do. I don't use any apple products for many reasons including over priced and over rated.

Sorry for going off track just making myself clear.

Steve

Mod Note :This is a battery life thread . Please remain on topic. If you wish to discuss why you chose not to get a note 5 then there are plenty of threads for that already.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
It's nice to see the battery life is pretty good on the Note 5, power efficient processors, and power mgt by Samsung is always solid.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Carrier bloat isn't a problem unless you enable them. I don't see what the problem is with carrier bloat. AFAIK, you actually have to launch them to have them running. Why would anyone do that then turn around and disable them. I have a bunch of AT&T carrier bloat but they are not enabled because I never launched them in the first place.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

And that isn't actually true in all cases. Even social media apps are being loaded as bloat and some other apps. It doesn't always take using them for them to work in the background. Even disabled apps work in the background and use data. If you don't want to disable any, you don't have to.

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Im in Thailand on international version. Im not very impressed with battery life. If i have 4g on i loose 1% every 2 minutes. I know i have spotty 4g singal but my wife with 4g iphone samw network has very good signal. I get 1bar most of time. It still gets me through the day better than any other phone. But still. If i set 3g only its much better but still.
Also notices weird bug with screen brighteness on auto. At times its so very very dim its not normal. I remove auto brightness its bback ok set it back on its super dim at times

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
And that isn't actually true in all cases. Even social media apps are being loaded as bloat and some other apps. It doesn't always take using them for them to work in the background. Even disabled apps work in the background and use data. If you don't want to disable any, you don't have to.
What disabled apps can run in the background that you know of?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I've owned an N5 for 24 hours now. Heavy use with tons of downloading, configuring, etc. It went 24 hours and I had 35% left when I put it on the charger.

There might be battery calibration still happening, but instinctively, I can say that battery life is far better than my LG G2, with had much less processing power, and a smaller, less dense display.

I find the N5 to be amazing on every front.

I also chucked all of the apps that I know need to be chucked for me - Facebook, Instagram, VZW apps, etc. So, there were less apps potentially working in the background.
You mean you froze them or uninstalled them?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
What disabled apps can run in the background that you know of?

Lots of them. Go to data usage and scroll down and it will show what apps are using background data. Disabled ones always show up there for me. I disable Amazon and it always runs background data.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Lots of them. Go to data usage and scroll down and it will show what apps are using background data. Disabled ones always show up there for me. I disable Amazon and it always runs background data.
Did you you use package disabler on those apps?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Last edited:

alex217c

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Heavy usage. Mostly watching youtube & netflix videos, streaming twitch.tv, playing clash of clans, browsing through the google play store.
It was all done in WIFI & 4G
Screenshot_2015-09-05-16-16-11.jpg
Screenshot_2015-09-05-16-16-15.jpg

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Chitown28

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Today these are my battery results with battery percentage at 10%=
10h 37m battery on time.
Android system 14% 2hr 31m
cell standby 10% 2h 25m
screen on 7% time on 4hr 1m
unkilled game 8%

does this seem normal?

Auto brightness off. Sync always on. Wifi options all off besides pass point should i turn it off? All spen options off since i really dont use it. Text size all set to large if that makes a difference. Tmobile 4g lte always on or using wifi at home.

Also wanna add that i never let my phone go down past 10% cause they say its bad for the battery to go completely dead so i always plug it up when it gets down to 10%.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463