Note 5 Battery life thread

Note5User

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
Android system consuming so much battery but the phone most of the time is in standby mode=/
*Tried to wipe cache seems like not working

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Try using only on 4g/3g. Even it used to drain very fast over wifi to me. Once i switch to use only 4G its giving better life.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok, final with using my Note 4 for two days and picking up my Note 5 a few times, almost 4 total hours of use. I still have about 5-7 hours left of battery, but am going to go ahead and charge it.

WiFi and location on the entire time and WiFi to never stay on while sleeping. I'm still running ShutApp.

Attachments

• 1441725326675.jpg
    1441725326675.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 1441725337362.jpg
    1441725337362.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 1441725349482.jpg
    1441725349482.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 43

vm81

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I am on Verizon and am seeing same stuff - Very good battery on 4G LTE but horrible battery life on WiFi. This needs to be fixed...as just turning off WiFi is not an option for lot of people - they are on tiered data.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I am on Verizon and am seeing same stuff - Very good battery on 4G LTE but horrible battery life on WiFi. This needs to be fixed...as just turning off WiFi is not an option for lot of people - they are on tiered data.

I don't have Verizon, I have T-Mobile, can you post screenshots of the Wifi Settings Advance Settings options, and any other screen related to VoLTE or Advance calling or anything similar? I want to see those menus to see if we can find a good combination of settings until Verizon can take care of any issues they may have related to wifi usage.

Note5User

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
I don't have Verizon, I have T-Mobile, can you post screenshots of the Wifi Settings Advance Settings options, and any other screen related to VoLTE or Advance calling or anything similar? I want to see those menus to see if we can find a good combination of settings until Verizon can take care of any issues they may have related to wifi usage.

I am on ATT. Even my battery drains very fast over wifi. i have tried connecting to different Wifi aswel like Home, Friend Home, Office same issue.

Screenshot_2015-09-08-11-42-09.jpg

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

A lot of Verizon people are having this issue. It needs to be reported to Verizon. They are having very high cell standby on WiFi.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I am on ATT. Even my battery drains very fast over wifi. i have tried connecting to different Wifi aswel like Home, Friend Home, Office same issue.

You might want to talk to Samsung and see if you can get to advanced technical support and also AT&T advanced technical support. Make both of them open a ticket.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
This has been my battery stats since yesterday at 8:15am. Averaging a little more than 6 hours of South on over 28 hours unplugged.

Edit** Forgot to add the SoT screenshot

Screenshot_2015-09-08-12-31-33.jpg Screenshot_2015-09-08-13-04-32.png

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
So it says you can use this without being rooted but might need to install something else?

Posted via the Android Central App
Yes you need to use adb to use wld without root. The directions are in the thread which I linked to

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Note5User

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
You might want to talk to Samsung and see if you can get to advanced technical support and also AT&T advanced technical support. Make both of them open a ticket.

I reached ATT Technical Support about this issue. But they dont care about creating a ticket simply looks at Battery performance says we dont see any unusual battery drain. This is working as expected.

They are not even listing when i explain then with On 4G with same usage it is giving better life.

Frustrated talking with them.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I reached ATT Technical Support about this issue. But they dont care about creating a ticket simply looks at Battery performance says we dont see any unusual battery drain. This is working as expected.

They are not even listing when i explain then with On 4G with same usage it is giving better life.

Frustrated talking with them.

You need to ask for a supervisor and be forceful.