Note 5 Battery life thread

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Looks to me like it's mostly screen on doing the consuming. Not the system.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Here are my stats after more or less the same amount of time. This is an edge plus.

uploadfromtaptalk1441804336445.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I came from Iphone 6 Plus to Note 5 the only thing i do not like about this phone is life of its battery. Is there anyway to improve it when comparing apples to apples with IP 6 plus? Same brightness, blue tooth, wifi and so on. My test show that I phone last up to 30% more when it comes to battery life.

You have to go through this thread, there are a lot of suggestions about improving battery life.

vm81

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Only thing that seems to make a difference (atleast to me) is completely turning off wifi. If I am just on 4G, battery is amazing.

No need to turn off any other features....advanced calling, wallet, etc, etc

pwiddy

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Only thing that seems to make a difference (atleast to me) is completely turning off wifi. If I am just on 4G, battery is amazing.

I've been reading about wifi draining...gonna try that today as soon as I charge to 100. some reason wireless charging only charged me to 72% last night.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I guess it's all relative.
I have WiFi, 4G and location services on all the time, and I use BT a lot throughout the day.
My use is moderate - plenty of texts, lots of downloading and playing netcasts during commutes, listening to music, surfing, traffic lookups.
My N5 battery life exceeds my LG G2 by a fair margin.
A nightly charge leaves me with 40% after 14 hours.
Pretty awesome given the display density.

vm81

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
What carrier are you ok?

With Wifi I was getting 12-13 hours standby and 1 hour SoT.
With 4G I am getting 36 hours+ standby and 5 hours SoT

My use is mostly text, calls (HD), emails, web browsing, few apps like flipboard instagram etc. Not heavy by any stretch. Some days there is navigation.

pwiddy

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
What carrier are you ok?

With Wifi I was getting 12-13 hours standby and 1 hour SoT.
With 4G I am getting 36 hours+ standby and 5 hours SoT

My use is mostly text, calls (HD), emails, web browsing, few apps like flipboard instagram etc. Not heavy by any stretch. Some days there is navigation.

WOW. thats drastic...vzw here..and my use sounds a lot like yours.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Alright, here's mine. SOMETHING is Draining the battery. Google Play Store was doing some updates. Another problem, my Fingerprint lock sometimes does Not register my thumb print, even from the different prints I did when setting device up in the first place. It went from 100 percent to 84 percent IN AN hour since I woke up at 830 a.m. and took it off the wireless charger stand.

Attachments

• 1441808675644.jpg
    1441808675644.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 1441808687330.jpg
    1441808687330.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 40

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Alright, here's mine. SOMETHING is Draining the battery. Google Play Store was doing some updates. Another problem, my Fingerprint lock sometimes does Not register my thumb print, even from the different prints I did when setting device up in the first place. It went from 100 percent to 84 percent IN AN hour since I woke up at 830 a.m. and took it off the wireless charger stand.

It is almost impossible to pick out from these apps, exactly what is draining the battery.

That is where you need to install wake lock detector app. BUT.. it requires downloading something on your computer and running it through there, when there is no root on your phone.

vm81

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
It does not seem Verizon signal issue as I get exceptional battery on Verizon 4G. The issue is that when you have WiFi on, there is some issue with that or in that is interfering with Verizon signal.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
It is almost impossible to pick out from these apps, exactly what is draining the battery.

That is where you need to install wake lock detector app. BUT.. it requires downloading something on your computer and running it through there, when there is no root on your phone.

Ok, I'll try it. Please, tell me the steps.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I guess it's all relative.
I have WiFi, 4G and location services on all the time, and I use BT a lot throughout the day.
My use is moderate - plenty of texts, lots of downloading and playing netcasts during commutes, listening to music, surfing, traffic lookups.
My N5 battery life exceeds my LG G2 by a fair margin.
A nightly charge leaves me with 40% after 14 hours.
Pretty awesome given the display density.

I am on VZW.
Excellent battery life.
I took it off the charger last night about 9pm.
I am at 67% as of 12:45pm today.
Regular use for me: over 2 hours SOT, 1+hours BT, plenty of texts, emails, music, a couple of software updates, traffic/maps and some surfing.
I am ok with this.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

When the S6 was released, there were a couple of us that saw a big difference in battery drain while using different wifi frequencies. Almeuit and me, both had a lot better battery life when we switched to 2.4 GHZ connections instead of the router's default 5 GHZ. So if you are having issues with your Wifi you don't lose anything by trying this.

If you decide to give it a try just be sure first that your actual connection is indeed a 5GHZ one by going to the Wifi connection properties, if you are using a 5GHZ, then you will need to see how you can limit your wifi connections in your router to just use 2.4ghz, or if you have a smarter wifi router I think I've seen where you can have 2 separate connections, so you can name one different than the other and be sure to only use the 2.4ghz.

vm81

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I was on S6 till last week, had no issues on the current WiFi settings. And didnt have issues with both wifi and 4g on at the same time. My router is 2.4GHz only, so thats not an issue.

With Note 5...Wifi is killing it and when I do put it on...it doesnt put 4G off. I am sure its not using Verizon data under that scenario but the fact that radio is on, is screwing with battery.

Also, if it was just my phone I would have thought maybe it is defective. Its my wife and my phone. Both of us have same issues.

Note5User

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
I was on S6 till last week, had no issues on the current WiFi settings. And didnt have issues with both wifi and 4g on at the same time. My router is 2.4GHz only, so thats not an issue.

With Note 5...Wifi is killing it and when I do put it on...it doesnt put 4G off. I am sure its not using Verizon data under that scenario but the fact that radio is on, is screwing with battery.

Also, if it was just my phone I would have thought maybe it is defective. Its my wife and my phone. Both of us have same issues.

Lot of people including myself have same issues here. I called Samusung and ATT trying to explain issue. None of them trying to understand. They simply remote logged in to my mobile and Checked Battery Settings and says this is working as expected.
Coming to Battery drain it depends on how you are using phone. They are not trying to understand whats going on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000