Note 5 Battery life thread

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I have never noticed any eating battery from a theme i have tested a few and it doesn't eat battery.

Running On Samsung Galaxy Note 5 N920A

KiwiCoalBattery

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I have 3 Verizon Note 5 phones.($269 each, thanks to the $400 off promotion)

I keep one as a wifi-only device(no SIM card inside the phone). That one has the best battery life(obviously) and can last over 7 days with wifi in the "always on" mode with daily usage of about 30 minutes.

I assume most people keep their smartphones for at least 1 year.

It will be interesting to see what the Note 5 battery life is like after the non-removable is 1 year old.

Even in best case scenario, I predict the battery will have 80% of life left.

What I really like to know is how much Samsung charges to replaced the internal battery of the Note 5.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Battery will last a long time if you do not over charge, that is what happens i seen it happen on removable battery where they over charge it or charge it when it's at 80, 90 etc etc then battery gets swollen and gets damaged i seen it before on removable battery and this happens cause they over charge the phone or keep it plugged all day at there house and that's a bad thing to do.

Karan Jagdev

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
I have a quick question for you guys. I used package disabler pro and disabled bloatware and then reenabled some of the things I needed like Facebook and Instagram and such. But for some reason, any notification that's supposed to say "saved to gallery" shows up as some weird com.sec.android.app.smartclipservice or something like that on the lock screen only. Inside the notification shade it's fine.

Anybody know how to fix it?
I tried enabling everything and rebooting but the problem is still there now. It bothers my ocd.
uploadfromtaptalk1444174000277.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1444174100234.jpg

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I have a quick question for you guys. I used package disabler pro and disabled bloatware and then reenabled some of the things I needed like Facebook and Instagram and such. But for some reason, any notification that's supposed to say "saved to gallery" shows up as some weird com.sec.android.app.smartclipservice or something like that on the lock screen only. Inside the notification shade it's fine.

I tried enabling everything and rebooting but the problem is still there now. It bothers my ocd.
View attachment 200205
View attachment 200206
Pictures are broken, wanna try uploading again, also did you try enabling everything back to see if it still does it?

Karan Jagdev

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Pictures are broken, wanna try uploading again, also did you try enabling everything back to see if it still does it?

They show up fine on both my phone and computer so I'm not sure why they're broken for you.
But yes I did enable everything and rebooted the phone and the problem is still there. It won't go away.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
They show up fine on both my phone and computer so I'm not sure why they're broken for you.
But yes I did enable everything and rebooted the phone and the problem is still there. It won't go away.
Stupid Tapatalk lol now i see the pictures lol
Anyways did you try wipe cach in recovery try that then reboot.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

You have content hidden on your lockscreen.

Karan Jagdev

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
You have content hidden on your lockscreen.
That's true but I've had that enabled since the first day. Hidden content just hides what the image is but it doesn't alter the title of the notification.
For example, Facebook notifications will still say Facebook, not com.facebook.katana
And this problem only started after disabling bloatware and now I can't fix it no matter what.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Go to lock screen and security, then notifications and these are the options under notifications on lock screen.

Attachments

• 1444181205239.jpg
    1444181205239.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 58

Karan Jagdev

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Go to lock screen and security, then notifications and these are the options under notifications on lock screen.

Yeah I know what you mean. But what I was saying was that before Package Disabler Pro, I used to have the notification content hidden, and it wasn't showing "com.sec....blah blah" until last week. It used to just say "Saved in Gallery" or whatever.
So Package Disabler did something that's causing it. But I can't undo it. I like having my notifications private.
If there's no way to fix it, I guess I'll live with it. *sigh*
I guess it's a small price to pay for 10 hours of screen-on time.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I know what you mean. But what I was saying was that before Package Disabler Pro, I used to have the notification content hidden, and it wasn't showing "com.sec....blah blah" until last week. It used to just say "Saved in Gallery" or whatever.
So Package Disabler did something that's causing it. But I can't undo it. I like having my notifications private.
If there's no way to fix it, I guess I'll live with it. *sigh*
I guess it's a small price to pay for 10 hours of screen-on time.

And these 3 are enabled?

Attachments

• 1444182475912.jpg
    1444182475912.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 54

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995