Note 5 Battery life thread

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Last night I forgot to plug my phone in. I woke up to 47% battery. I started it charging and went to eat breakfast. A half hour later, and it was at 87%. Is that even possible those numbers are accurate?

Anyway, I'm easily getting a full days use out of a single charge, except when I have to spend a lot of time at my office, which is right on the edge of coverage (thanks Sprint). I'm quite happy with that.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Last night I forgot to plug my phone in. I woke up to 47% battery. I started it charging and went to eat breakfast. A half hour later, and it was at 87%. Is that even possible those numbers are accurate?

Anyway, I'm easily getting a full days use out of a single charge, except when I have to spend a lot of time at my office, which is right on the edge of coverage (thanks Sprint). I'm quite happy with that.
If you was fast charging yes thats pretty much accurate

Running On Samsung Galaxy Note 5 N920A

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I thought fast charging slowed down above 50%. Anyway, I don't know how I lived without it. It's amazing.
Nope on the Note 5 is really fast i was at 3 % and like in 45 mins i was around 90% something like that , it's way faster in charging than the Note 4.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I am on Verizon. I have Advance Calling on which I thought allows data while on a call but I guess not? So that being said is it a battery killer and not needed? Not sure what the benefits of it would be if not.

Posted via the Android Central App

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I am on Verizon. I have Advance Calling on which I thought allows data while on a call but I guess not? So that being said is it a battery killer and not needed? Not sure what the benefits of it would be if not.

Where's that option at I'm on AT&T unless your talking about the 4G LTE in Mobile Data.

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
My Samsung Note 5 - Duos (SM - N920C). Bought it last week, initial 2 charge went beyond 30+ hours. Now for the most recent 2 charge, battery is draining like hell. First it went down 50% in 4 hours, now it's 15% down in 1.5 hours.

Can somebody tell me if it's normal, as someone mentioned initially the battery drains fast.

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I just moved up to the Note 5 from the s6. I couldn't take that battery life. By 2pm needed charging and then again early evening.
With the Note 5 I'm making it all day same use...by 9 pm at worse I'm at 10/15%.
Btw, neither rooted or altered from stock.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
My Samsung Note 5 - Duos (SM - N920C). Bought it last week, initial 2 charge went beyond 30+ hours. Now for the most recent 2 charge, battery is draining like hell. First it went down 50% in 4 hours, now it's 15% down in 1.5 hours.

Can somebody tell me if it's normal, as someone mentioned initially the battery drains fast.

Thats not normal check few post back to see if you need to turn stuff off.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I just moved up to the Note 5 from the s6. I couldn't take that battery life. By 2pm needed charging and then again early evening.
With the Note 5 I'm making it all day same use...by 9 pm at worse I'm at 10/15%.
Btw, neither rooted or altered from stock.

Basically you should post pictures of screen time and battery life screen shots that way we can probably get a better idea what might be killing your battery.

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Here is the battery usage details for my note 5. The android is taking the most battery. Do I need to delete some of app from Android?

Attachments

• 1263.jpg
    1263.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 62
  • 1262.jpg
    1262.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 62

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Where's that option at I'm on AT&T unless your talking about the 4G LTE in Mobile Data.

Not sure. Just says Advanced Calling. Then when I select it I get the following

Attachments

• 348.jpg
    348.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 120

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Well the reason I ask is I experienced it within hours of the update. Also my Android System and Android OS started showing up high on the list and it was using about 10% battery per hour and even losing a lot while in standby.

I had TMO send me a new phone, got it last night. It was fine, I did the third upgrade and it seemed to get a bit bad again. I sent my original phone with to Samsung today and am using the replacement right now.

Two phones have done that after that last update, I think it is the update.

This is how bad it got and I was having a hard time making it through the day much less charging every other day. See how high my Android System and Android OS are? They never even popped up close to my screen, which is always in the #1 spot.

TMO will make you reset it before replacing it. You can do what I did, call TMO for a replacement, call Samsung to send yours in when you order the replacement. When you get the new one, send yours to Samsung that day or the next. When yours comes back, send back the replacement to TMO. They want you to return a phone to them in 7 days if you get a replacement. They don't care which one you return. If it is over 7 days they will bug you a few times with a text, but you will have your phone back by 10 days or less and can drop off the package going back to TMO and still be good.

I think the OS needs to be pulled off and put back on, which is necessary if there is an issue like this with an update, a reset won't fix if there is an issue. If Samsung finds an issue in TMO's software, they will get with TMO and get it fixed.
I am reconsidering the Note 5 again cuz of Samsung Pay, but has the update really affected the battery life? If the issue is cuz of the updates (which includes Samsung Pay), how could getting a phone replacement help? Has it in your case? I also have TMobile.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I am reconsidering the Note 5 again cuz of Samsung Pay, but has the update really affected the battery life? If the issue is cuz of the updates (which includes Samsung Pay), how could getting a phone replacement help? Has it in your case? I also have TMobile.

No idea yet. One way it will help is people that had the issue after the update, to contact Samsung. BUT.. the replacement I'm using right now has settled down and is seeming to be more normal. If that continues, it could mean I had a corrupted download.

Mine is at Samsung right now, they will remove the OS and put it back on and that will correct the issue if it was a corrupted update. They will also run it a day or two and check everything to see if there is an issue. If it is a Samsung Pay issue, they should find that. If it is a T-Mobile update, they should find that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay