Note 5 Battery life thread

ejlover

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: My Note5 uses 35-40% of charge at sleep !!!!

Yeah that's how it should be :( 40% is no way acceptable for an unused phone in 8 hours :/ There is definitely a problem and I'm out of ideas what it is. Even the battery apps aren't helping to detect the problem :/

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

Yeah that's how it should be :( 40% is no way acceptable for an unused phone in 8 hours :/ There is definitely a problem and I'm out of ideas what it is. Even the battery apps aren't helping to detect the problem :/
Did you try a factory reset, sorry at work so if i missed that, and see what apps you can disable if none of those things work i would call your provider ask them to give you another Note 5.

Running On Samsung Galaxy Note 5 N920A

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

ejlover

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site

I did all the suggestions for S6/edge & Note5 but that's what i still get :(

I didn't do a factory reset because the phone is already out of the box 5days ago. No firmware/OS update installed. Only a few apps (9-10) installed. Disabled as much standard apps as I can and as many functions as I can.. And I still can't see what's the problem.

Can you say what drained 40% of my battery from the screenshots? any app? wifi? Mobile data? GPS? I really don't understand what's happening during the standbys :(

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Do you have location setup like mines

7a0561bbaedb036bc8ec978366c9a469.jpg

Running On Samsung Galaxy Note 5 N920A

James Rogers2

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site

Greetings,

I've switched from S5 to Note5 last week and I'm having a terrible battery depletion issue. I'm charging my phone to 100% by using its OEM adaptive fast wall charger and unplugging it and closing all background apps and cleaning RAM with smart manager just before sleep. After waking up after 7-9 hours later I'm finding that 60-65% left in the battery everyday. I'm sending you the screenshots. I didn't see any apps running in the background. No significant WiFi downloads, no cell operator caused signal issues or significant mobile data usage in the background. And screen is off during these hours but I'm loosing nearly half of my charge by sleeping beside my phone..
After searching on Internet I've applied suggestions such as:
- NFC, Bluetooth, adaptive screen color, etc. all disabled (WiFi, MobileData, Location, mail sync are the only active ones).
- Screen Brightness is around 25% and set to auto.
- Disabling all sensor related functions such as smart stay, background animations, etc.
- Being sure that google location history is turned off. (I'm constantly using swarm app to make check-ins while I'm awake so I will not disable the GPS - it was always on at my S5 and I never had such a problem).
- Disabling android device manager user (under advanced security options).
- Disabling all Sync options except emails (2 mail accounts in mail app that are being checked every hour and Gmail).
- Restricted nearly all possible apps from using background data (except whatsapp, facebook, messenger, swarm, periscope, youtube just to keep receiving notifications-but even they aren't active during night).
- Adjusted all apps to auto close in smart manager.
- Only using OEM weather app and nearly no apps yet installed on the phone.

I'm about to loose my mind because of this battery issue. If I'm supposed to disable all the functions of the phone all the time and every time if I'm going to need them I'm supposed to spent lots of time at the settings to activate them and then disable them again; what's the point in using this phone? If I can not solve this problem I'll get the phone back to dealer for a refund.

I'm madly need your advises. Your help and support will really be appreciated.

Thanks.

Cheers,

View attachment 201473

View attachment 201474

View attachment 201475

View attachment 201476
I'm having the problem and cannot come up with any solutions.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

jdhooghe

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Had a weird increased drain; I think it was Google now. Have Doze running after a factory resetuploadfromtaptalk1444945076967.jpg great idle times. I've also not installed Samsung pay yet as wells Fargo isn't supported yet. The only other change is that I am using the stock email app and not the GMail app. Google now is obviously set to off.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

jdhooghe

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Oh yeah, Facebook seems to be behaving now. No notifications have popped up with notifications set to off. I'll check the wakelocks when I get home.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I just read that the Doze feature in Marshmallow sets things that are high priority to not Doze BUT email isn't one of them?

I hope there will be an option to override that. Email to me is a high priority for most.

Posted via the Android Central App

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I just read that the Doze feature in Marshmallow sets things that are high priority to not Doze BUT email isn't one of them?

I hope there will be an option to override that. Email to me is a high priority for most.

Posted via the Android Central App

Yeah, someone in a another forum was worried about tbis, but a person using the Doze feature on their Nexus 6 said that it won't interrupt the notifications.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
No. Not all the way to 0. That will shorten the battery life span. Everytime people comment saying Drain to Zero, another comment or who is more wise than me when it speaks of batteries says No do NOT , do Not drain to Zero.
Yup , i usually let go to 3% to 5% , 10% either of those then i charge it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I have gotten down to 1 percent before. Lol. But, only because I wasn't paying attention.
This is where i am at

df0b4fdec87474fb9656198724cab23e.jpg

dacda080031feec72a97025c5a0f6958.jpg

I charge every 2 days i also am not a heavy user , just text and call and come here and XDA and always in GPLUS site i bet if o wasn't over a day my sot probably be most likely 7hrs or so.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
This is where i am at

//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/16/df0b4fdec87474fb9656198724cab23e.jpg

//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/16/dacda080031feec72a97025c5a0f6958.jpg
I charge every 2 days i also am not a heavy user , just text and call and come here and XDA and always in GPLUS site i bet if o wasn't over a day my sot probably be most likely 7hrs or so.

For some reason when I view your posts, or a post of your homescreen on my phone, it never shows up for me. On here using my tablet, I see your battery screenshot just fine.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
For some reason when I view your posts, or a post of your homescreen on my phone, it never shows up for me. On here using my tablet, I see your battery screenshot just fine.
If your on v5.2.6 or v5.2.8 Tapatalk those have issues with images sometimes it shows like if it's broken sometimes it doesn't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke