Note 5 Battery life thread

njshoremom4gurlz

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I have an opportunity to use the note 5... iPhone are backed up a two months I have a trade on Craigslist note 5 for my plus.... I am Leary because of battery issues I really want to try it but a trade like this I have to find out warranty etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Oh for those that don't know printer is on by default which will kill your battery make sure to turn it off, it's in settings and more connection settings

Running On Samsung Galaxy Note 5 N920A

notelycloudly

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
I just bought this yesterday and my battery life is horrible. It drained 22% while just being on standby. Even my S4 was never this bad. Is my phone defective? Does anyone have any advice?

According to Gsam the cloud seems to be eating a lot of battery. Should I disable it? Will disabling it delete my existing data (like the contacts transferred from my last phone)?

notelycloudly

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
Is there anything I can do to prevent the Cell standby from eating 21% of my battery? That doesn't seem normal at all. I've already turned on power saving mode.

In an hour of use I'm down from 65% to 44%. If I can't fix this I'm definitely returning this phone.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't have enough posts to post a screenshot...but the battery settings say the cell standby is using 20%.

I talked to a Verizon rep but he wasn't much help.

If you began to set your phone yesterday, this is normal, remember, the phone is trying to set everything you have on the cloud, on each app and in all places. One common thing is if you just set Google photos, the first time it will upload or sync all your photos with the cloud, depending on the amount of pictures and videos you have, it may take hours to do so, draining your battery in the background.

Just follow the suggestions on this thread, it's long, but begins from the very first page. In a summary, turn off Location History on Location settings (Location reporting is on now by default and a huge battery killer) adjust your Screen brightness to a point where you feel comfortable, and go to Wifi settings and in Smart Network Switch, turn that off, and in Advanced turn off Always allow scanning. Remove Bloatware and turn off Services and sync from Google and Samsung that you won't use.

I think the above is a summary of the most important things to pay attention if you are concern of battery life.

notelycloudly

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
If you began to set your phone yesterday, this is normal, remember, the phone is trying to set everything you have on the cloud, on each app and in all places. One common thing is if you just set Google photos, the first time it will upload or sync all your photos with the cloud, depending on the amount of pictures and videos you have, it may take hours to do so, draining your battery in the background.

Just follow the suggestions on this thread, it's long, but begins from the very first page. In a summary, turn off Location History on Location settings (Location reporting is on now by default and a huge battery killer) adjust your Screen brightness to a point where you feel comfortable, and go to Wifi settings and in Smart Network Switch, turn that off, and in Advanced turn off Always allow scanning. Remove Bloatware and turn off Services and sync from Google and Samsung that you won't use.

I think the above is a summary of the most important things to pay attention if you are concern of battery life.
Thanks for the suggestions. My location is always off anyway, and Smart Network switch was already off.

Is there a guide to bloatware? I don't really know what I should and shouldn't disable.

In the time between this post and my last post the battery drained another 4% down to 40%. :/

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. My location is always off anyway, and Smart Network switch was already off.

Is there a guide to bloatware? I don't really know what I should and shouldn't disable.

In the time between this post and my last post the battery drained another 4% down to 40%. :/

For Bloatware, just look at your App drawer and go one by one, if you will use it leave it, if not Disable it or uninstall it. But in general everything your carrier adds to the phone is Bloatware, Samsung has some and even Google has some, just disable or uninstall anything you won't use.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

Make sure you turn off printing it comes on by default go to few post back i posted it cause that will also eat your battery if on.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

After your phone settle should look like this

1824be098d1099acf459be1cbf031875.jpg

355dcaae3987783aed51cce36d7ed708.jpg

Depend on how you use your phone , I'm on AT&T.

notelycloudly

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
How long does it usually take for the phone to settle down?

I charged my phone to 100%, it's down to 94% in about 25 minutes. Battery screen says only 6 hours left. At this rate my phone will be dead by lunch. I turned off printing as well.

Gsam also says "phone radio" is eating 26% of my battery. I'm not sure what that is.

Chinoo

May 19, 2010
Visit site
3f1d9bc49b6b2e61be2a6c738a0d4b0e.jpg

Hi,

I see people with 50% and a lot of hours left, I disconnected the phone everyday around 5am, if I don't charger the phone in mid day, it will turn off by 5p, is this normal? Any suggestions

Thank

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site