Note 5 Battery life thread

bettercallsal92

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
I don't know how you guys get such amazing battery life, I average at 4 hours of SoT. This is after having tons of stuff turned off in package disabled pro, so almost no bloat + no Samsung stuff, voLTE is off and I'm running a dark theme. I've also done numerous factory resets but I don't think I'll be able to do better than this, unless there's something you guys think I'm missing

oh, and this is the T-Mobile variant.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 1666.jpg
    1666.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Oh for those that don't know printer is on by default which will kill your battery make sure to turn it off, it's in settings and more connection settings

Running On Samsung Galaxy Note 5 N920A

Disagree. I've had this on forever and doesn't do a thing to my battery.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Is there anything I can do to prevent the Cell standby from eating 21% of my battery? That doesn't seem normal at all. I've already turned on power saving mode.

In an hour of use I'm down from 65% to 44%. If I can't fix this I'm definitely returning this phone.

Issue for me too. It's a combo of things. Poor cell connection plus having WiFi on will make that happen. When I turn my WiFi off it goes down dramatically for some reason. I also have cell range extender in my home.

I went from 18-20% cell standby to 5-10% when I changed these things.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't know how you guys get such amazing battery life, I average at 4 hours of SoT. This is after having tons of stuff turned off in package disabled pro, so almost no bloat + no Samsung stuff, voLTE is off and I'm running a dark theme. I've also done numerous factory resets but I don't think I'll be able to do better than this, unless there's something you guys think I'm missing

oh, and this is the T-Mobile variant.

I'm convinced that those with these over the top battery life stats just don't use their phones like a phone.

I am a power user with a lot of actual CALLS being made. I do a lot of email. Text. Web browsing. Use my pen. Read WSJ app. Read Feedly and FB. my SOT averages about 3.5-4 hours and I am getting approx 13-15 hours of battery if I really push it hard which I consider excellent.

I decided to charge my phone to 100% at midnight and leave it unplugged. Didn't use screen at all obviously. When I turned it on in the AM at 545am it only dropped 3% and I had WiFi off overnight.

So right there my battery stats were going to be Unreal. I think that's what happens with a lot of these 24-27 hours of battery life.

This past weekend I got 1 day 16 hours with 10% left by doing just what I said and only listening to Audible when mowing lawn as well as checking things but only for about 5 minutes at a time.

I think 15 hours of good business use is excellent. Plus the quick charger takes me up another 20% in 20 min on charger. That's Unreal.

I pressed it real hard yesterday and was down to 23% after 8 hours. I did quick charge and got it to 50% which lasted me more than the rest of the day after work.

Love this thing.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
We all define using hard differently. I like everything on all the time. Bluetooth to gear2. Wifi on for accurate location. 4 email accounts synced. Auto brightness. Google everything synced. I don't really know what people mean by the cloud? Samsung cloud? Google? Dropbox? I use em all. I stream music and netflix. Use a phone like I do and tell me how you get 72 hours on a charge.

bettercallsal92

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
I'm convinced that those with these over the top battery life stats just don't use their phones like a phone.

I am a power user with a lot of actual CALLS being made. I do a lot of email. Text. Web browsing. Use my pen. Read WSJ app. Read Feedly and FB. my SOT averages about 3.5-4 hours and I am getting approx 13-15 hours of battery if I really push it hard which I consider excellent.

I decided to charge my phone to 100% at midnight and leave it unplugged. Didn't use screen at all obviously. When I turned it on in the AM at 545am it only dropped 3% and I had WiFi off overnight.

So right there my battery stats were going to be Unreal. I think that's what happens with a lot of these 24-27 hours of battery life.

This past weekend I got 1 day 16 hours with 10% left by doing just what I said and only listening to Audible when mowing lawn as well as checking things but only for about 5 minutes at a time.

I think 15 hours of good business use is excellent. Plus the quick charger takes me up another 20% in 20 min on charger. That's Unreal.

I pressed it real hard yesterday and was down to 23% after 8 hours. I did quick charge and got it to 50% which lasted me more than the rest of the day after work.

Love this thing.

No I get that, I'm a power user too, but some people have great stats AND great SoT. OP gets almost 2 hours of SoT with 80% left. Thats unreal. In one hour of SoT I usually use up 20% or more of my battery.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
No I get that, I'm a power user too, but some people have great stats AND great SoT. OP gets almost 2 hours of SoT with 80% left. Thats unreal. In one hour of SoT I usually use up 20% or more of my battery.

If i was to use my Note 5 really heavy i would be at 15 hours at least that and get 7 hrs sot i have got that before, now if i use my phone normal i get like the photo i posted earlier here at 1 day and like 8 to 9 hrs with sot 4 and half hours or 5 hrs already done this more than 10 x so not sure why some don't get this like i do.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

Here is what i got now

b404345744c0e764fbf19d9692065cc2.jpg

c3312559e3124abf3e11a413f4e927dd.jpg

notelycloudly

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
Looks like my phone has settled a bit. I charged it this morning to 100%, and now I'm at 51%. Mostly idle, but I've had a good two hours of screen time. Now THIS is the phone I paid for. I'm wondering if the Cloud was working overtime for me before (since it's a new phone) and was causing the battery to drain since it was listed as the biggest power drain before (not anymore). I also disabled/uninstalled a lot of the bloat.

Going to bed now, will see how it looks in the morning.

bettercallsal92

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
I would kill for battery life like that, Ruben. I hate having to charge my phone during the day. Coming from a oneplus one (granted, only 1080p) the battery life is disappointing. I would root but I don't wanna lose Samsung pay

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I would kill for battery life like that, Ruben. I hate having to charge my phone during the day. Coming from a oneplus one (granted, only 1080p) the battery life is disappointing. I would root but I don't wanna lose Samsung pay

My last one
c669463bda2c9b4d17b43c888baab330.jpg

af234eddf08859ec9e90721c0576699c.jpg

notelycloudly

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
Looks like my phone has settled a bit. I charged it this morning to 100%, and now I'm at 51%. Mostly idle, but I've had a good two hours of screen time. Now THIS is the phone I paid for. I'm wondering if the Cloud was working overtime for me before (since it's a new phone) and was causing the battery to drain since it was listed as the biggest power drain before (not anymore). I also disabled/uninstalled a lot of the bloat.

It was 45% when I woke up. Not bad for being idle 8 hours. I haven't charged my phone since yesterday morning, currently at 37%. I'd post a screen but I don't have enough posts yet.

Chinoo

May 19, 2010
Visit site
It was 45% when I woke up. Not bad for being idle 8 hours. I haven't charged my phone since yesterday morning, currently at 37%. I'd post a screen but I don't have enough posts yet.
How you get this battery life? What's your normal use with the phone? Can you share what you have off and disable.

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

What "Cloud?" Please explain? Google? What?

notelycloudly

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
How you get this battery life? What's your normal use with the phone? Can you share what you have off and disable.

Thanks

My phone usage is generally Internet browsing, email checking, and Spotify streaming.

I disabled most of the built in apps (things like NFL Mobile and Slacker Radio), as well as some of the add-ons from Google and Amazon that I don't use like Google Music. I also keep power saving mode on, and my location is only on as needed. I also disabled printing, as suggested here.

notelycloudly

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site

Thanks

I just wrote a response to this...not sure where it went.

Anyway I disabled the built in stuff I don't use like NFL Mobile as well as Google and Amazon add-ons I don't use. I also keep my phone in power saving mode at all times.