Note 5 Battery life thread

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hmm i guess all phones might react differently, cause i keep my wifi always even when i go to bed and it doesn't kill my battery at all, and when I'm on 4G LTE while out house doesn't eat my battery either, so i am assuming that everyones phone react different, even though it shouldn't be that way.

I would keep my WiFi turned on, but have it set to turn off when the phone is sleeping

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm seeing very crappy numbers in here and very good numbers.

Moral of the story: Configuring Android properly is the key to good battery life.

I get what I would consider great battery life, nearly 5 hours screen on time, and I haven't tinkered with anything. WiFi and Bluetooth always on.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Wow i am very impressed with my battery life, now this is what i call bad *** battery life 👍👍👍
a2f2d75e114f76f2b3ce8ea9bcd7b9db.jpg

ba0fd27f00ae1e6117d9611aba1b5dd4.jpg

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Also others please remember, battery life is subjective to carrier, signal, how you use your phone, etc. You can set your phone up exactly the same, doesn't mean you will get the exact same battery life.

bettercallsal92

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
Also others please remember, battery life is subjective to carrier, signal, how you use your phone, etc. You can set your phone up exactly the same, doesn't mean you will get the exact same battery life.
In that case, T-Mobile must really suck cuz I can't never do better than 4 hours SoT. And I have almost everything turned off

bettercallsal92

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
I see you have NFC on , thats a big battery killer , if i was you i turn it off when not using, leaving it on will drain your battery, i don't use Android pay or Samsung pay ever so i never have NFC on, and i use touchwiz, other launcher like Nova eats more battery then touchwiz.
I use Samsung pay but I never thought about turning it off....smh

I've heard the opposite, that touchwiz drains battery and third party launchers are better. Currently on action launcher 3

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I use Samsung pay but I never thought about turning it off....smh

I've heard the opposite, that touchwiz drains battery and third party launchers are better. Currently on action launcher 3
I have heard the same thing, let me say i love nova and i have Nova Prime, everytime i put it on for a day or 2 i end up going back to TouchWiz lol.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I see you have NFC on , thats a big battery killer , if i was you i turn it off when not using, leaving it on will drain your battery, i don't use Android pay or Samsung pay ever so i never have NFC on, and i use touchwiz, other launcher like Nova eats more battery then touchwiz.

I use Nova, but I ha everyone disabled Samsung Pay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke