Note 5 Battery life thread

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Thats the thing though, I have NEVER gotten even 5 hours of SoT, no matter how I've used the phone. That's what irks me

But that is OK if the phone is done what you need it to do and meeting reasonable expectations. You could have apps that ping location more or again, in an area much of the day with a lower signal.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Now today I got a lot of time, but most of my time was hangouts and Android Central. I only did tethering for about 30 minutes.

Attachments

• 1445904387060.jpg
    1445904387060.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 1445904400952.jpg
    1445904400952.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 46

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Wow! Your phone was unplugged for 13 hours and the screen was on for 8.5 of it?! That's something

Yes I generally charge once a day.

If I'm tethering a lot, I will keep it plugged up. The things I did today just don't use a lot of battery, so I got a lot of screen time today. There are other things I could have done for less time and my batter would have run out faster and less screen time.

Even screen time is subjective, it just depends on what you are doing.

Allenhardiman

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
My first tryout on normal school day.. I was off the charger at 7.30 a.m. So satisfied with the battery life!! I didnt expect it to last this long. Coming from an s5, the battery is comparable if not better!! I didnt disable google now as well.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 4799.jpg
    4799.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 101
  • 4800.jpg
    4800.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 101

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
What is Your settings .well screen onda time mate is realy good .
Basically what @Kelly Kearns is saying is everyone runs there phone different so you can't expect to get what we are getting , for example yesterday i got pass 1day and 16hrs or so and SOT Was 4hrs and 45min , the day before that i got 1day and 8hrs and my SOT was 6hrs and 14min, last week there was a day that i got 1day and 5hrs and my SOT was 7hrs with 45min, so basically you will not get the same all the time , it all depends what you do on your phone each day!

Bklyndude

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Ok here is my question regarding note 5 battery life. I will try to make it as consice as possible.

Ok so I just upgraded to a note 5 coming off of an lg g2. Both have the the same 3000 mah battery. The first thing i noticed that the note 5 drains immediately when you start using it. The lg didnt. The lg also was able to maintain 100% in standby/idle mode. Meaning i took it iff charger it was on, idle and three hours later it would be 100%. Now before the g2. I had a droid. Also drained when idle, of course only 1% or 2 like this current brand new note 5. I didn't even get to my question yet. My question is..is the note 5 capable of sustaining 100% battery life when idle for a few hours like my 2 year old lg g2. I would have thought samsung would have optimized the os by now. Anyone?

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Ok here is my question regarding note 5 battery life. I will try to make it as consice as possible.

Ok so I just upgraded to a note 5 coming off of an lg g2. Both have the the same 3000 mah battery. The first thing i noticed that the note 5 drains immediately when you start using it. The lg didnt. The lg also was able to maintain 100% in standby/idle mode. Meaning i took it iff charger it was on, idle and three hours later it would be 100%. Now before the g2. I had a droid. Also drained when idle, of course only 1% or 2 like this current brand new note 5. I didn't even get to my question yet. My question is..is the note 5 capable of sustaining 100% battery life when idle for a few hours like my 2 year old lg g2. I would have thought samsung would have optimized the os by now. Anyone?

If your asking after full charge on Note 5 and you unplug it and let it stay standby/idle without turning screen on , it will still be at 100% after 2 hrs and half or so i have seen mines do this, fully charged, leave for work and like 2 hrs and half later i get a text i look at my text and my phone was still at 100%.

Bklyndude

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Ok. Mine is verizon. I can only compare it to the lg g2 that i previously used. Which i didn't have to tweak much at all. It just was very stable and consistent at maintaining battery idle and slow to drain while using. Maybe i have to cycle the battery a couple of times still in early stages with this phone. 1 day old. Not even. Just going on usage after a few mins.

Bklyndude

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Ruben stated above that his phone maintains 100% at least for 2 hours being idle and off charger. I already see my phone is not doing that. Maybe 1% drain. I read somewhere its normal. I just wish it held steady at 100. Would feel more confident that its battery that will preform longer

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Nope. So far not. Mine is brand spanking new. That is exactly what i was asking. Draining slow. Right away. How do you solve that?

My experience, and it is with Samsung phones, when new or after a reset your battery will settle down and do much better. You disable the things you don't use, have your apps set like you want and all the sudden you notice the battery getting better.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Kelly Kearns, are you on auto brightness? Any power saving modes? Google Now on/off? Location services on?

I have auto brightness on, I do have Google Now turned on, but I really don't use it. I have a couple of apps that use location so location stays on all the time. I have some things disabled. This is what I have disabled. I really think when I have so much disabled with package disabler that my battery doesn't do as well, so I have less disabled than some.

Attachments

• 1445961298164.jpg
    1445961298164.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 61

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok. Mine is verizon. I can only compare it to the lg g2 that i previously used. Which i didn't have to tweak much at all. It just was very stable and consistent at maintaining battery idle and slow to drain while using. Maybe i have to cycle the battery a couple of times still in early stages with this phone. 1 day old. Not even. Just going on usage after a few mins.

Oh just read this.. Yeah, get your phone set up and then give it a few days.

I also use two apps called ShutApp and Doze and those really help with battery and idle time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar