Note 5 Battery life thread

bettercallsal92

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
Ruben stated above that his phone maintains 100% at least for 2 hours being idle and off charger. I already see my phone is not doing that. Maybe 1% drain. I read somewhere its normal. I just wish it held steady at 100. Would feel more confident that its battery that will preform longer

I think its unrealistic to expect your phone to hold 100% after 2 1/2 hours, I have never heard of any android phone doing that, dont know what black magic Ruben is using on his battery lol. Even when I sleep at night I get like 3-4% drain over a period of 7-8 hours

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I think its unrealistic to expect your phone to hold 100% after 2 1/2 hours, I have never heard of any android phone doing that, dont know what black magic Ruben is using on his battery lol. Even when I sleep at night I get like 3-4% drain over a period of 7-8 hours
There's no magic it's very true, also when i use to have the LG G3 i would go to work fully charged and would be standby after 8 hrs i would turn on screen and it was still at 100% .

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Here's proof of LG G 3 100% when i was at work after 8 hrs was still 100%
2a4fd7ad8cea34df6c31190e853df1d2.jpg

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Well my settings for what? There are so many settings, so many different apps people have, etc. That is why I keep saying, battery life is subjective, none of us run our phones the same way.

Kelly. Have you shared what apps you disabled via Package disabler in the past? I'd like to know. If possible.

Posted via the Android Central App

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Kelly. Have you shared what apps you disabled via Package disabler in the past? I'd like to know. If possible.

Never mind. I found what you just posted. I'm going to try that combined with my heavy use and see what I get.

Bklyndude

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
There's no magic it's very true, also when i use to have the LG G3 i would go to work fully charged and would be standby after 8 hrs i would turn on screen and it was still at 100% .

Ok. So that tells me i was right that lg seems to handle battery life idle time better than Samsung. I never got 8 hours. 3 or 4 with 100% which is always welcoming

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Ok. So that tells me i was right that lg seems to handle battery life idle time better than Samsung. I never got 8 hours. 3 or 4 with 100% which is always welcoming
Yes the LG G 3 is Excellent on idle , but only thing i did notice on LG G 3 once it dropped at 99% battery did drain much faster, so once the Note 4 was out 2 months after LG G 3 i give it to my daughter and got the Note 4 which was the one i really wanted in the first place, and Samsung Galaxy Note 4 battery lasted much longer then the LG G3, i still have my Note 4 it's in it's box put away as a backup, but with my Note 5 battery even lasts longer then the Note 4, don't get me wrong Note 4 is bad *** phone as well, that is why i didn't sell it and put it away as a backup.

Bklyndude

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Yes the LG G 3 is Excellent on idle , but only thing i did notice on LG G 3 once it dropped at 99% battery did drain much faster, so once the Note 4 was out 2 months after LG G 3 i give it to my daughter and got the Note 4 which was the one i really wanted in the first place, and Samsung Galaxy Note 4 battery lasted much longer then the LG G3, i still have my Note 4 it's in it's box put away as a backup, but with my Note 5 battery even lasts longer then the Note 4, don't get me wrong Note 4 is bad *** phone as well, that is why i didn't sell it and put it away as a backup.

Ok. Well I had g2 before this note 5. And even just a week ago it still drained slower than this note 5. So without repeating myself too much on this battery issue. Any tweaks you suggest to keep battery more stable?

And a side note. They should just slap a 4000 mah battery is every phone from now on. People will not have anything to discuss. At least i wouldn't

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech