Note 5 Battery life thread

rainyboy7

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
Good point leggy. Now that i think about it the g2 dod drain fast after that point of 30 min. Esepcially after a year or when i switched phones
I had G2 just before note 5, the battery on kitkat was extremely excellent. At nights it didn't dropping any battery, but on lollipop battery was so bad, on kit Kat I had 2 days with lots of usage. G2 with android 4.4.2 was the best phone I ever had in battery life concept.

Bklyndude

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
After months of various changes and attempts to settle my battery, I'm still unable to find the drain. The weird thing is that in safe mode it doesn't drain at all, so it's gotta be some app. Even going one by one with apps, I never was able to figure it out. I'd install one and it'd start the drain, but then removing it didn't fix the drain.

I'm pretty convinced the culprit is a Google app, and it must be some specific setting I have on it. That or its my Gear S...

How do you attain such great battery life?

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
What could be wrong?? Location is off. Nfc off. What else already ??

Depends on who your carrier is with. Lots of users had the dreaded WiFi signal issues, most have said it is the Google Now app that drain the most, Others says Volt LTE...there's a Ton more to list. Best bet is probably install Package Disabler Pro.
I'm not going to state what it does as I need to go to bed, but I'm sure lots of users will enlighten you on PDP.

Good luck.

Bklyndude

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Ok. Will make it easy for someone to answer. 210 pages. Break it down. What things/services. Options, settings. On my verizon note 5. Should I have enabled. Or disabled to get the most mileage out of my battery. I watched some youtube video's which were useless since the 3 or 4 steps they mentioned I already done. Thanks in advance

leggy

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I had G2 just before note 5, the battery on kitkat was extremely excellent. At nights it didn't dropping any battery, but on lollipop battery was so bad, on kit Kat I had 2 days with lots of usage. G2 with android 4.4.2 was the best phone I ever had in battery life concept.
Couldn't agree more. My screen was broken which made by edge plus, otherwise a very fine phone.

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Ok. Will make it easy for someone to answer. 210 pages. Break it down. What things/services. Options, settings. On my verizon note 5. Should I have enabled. Or disabled to get the most mileage out of my battery. I watched some youtube video's which were useless since the 3 or 4 steps they mentioned I already done. Thanks in advance
I'm not on Verizon, so can't help there...

And not to be mean, but there are 2 reasons why there are ~2100 posts in this thread.

1. There's a lot of good information and tips from a lot of different people on how they've improved their battery performance.

2. There's a lot of people jumping in at the end to ask questions that have been asked and answered many times already.

There's a lot of good info here... take some time and look through it.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

It is impossible for anyone to do that for you. None of us have the same apps or same things disabled. You just have to take some time and read through the thread and work from there.

Bklyndude

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Not really. You have people claiming to get 12 hours. What were the main tweaks they did or can recommend that they think someone with less than optimal battery predromance can do. These phones are pretty much identical. I would think. So someone like me with new phone, few apps. Just some basic things i might have missed. Known to the community that can be battery killers.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
That would be great. One post summarizing the best tips....maybe even make it a sticky. Few of us have the time to read through everything in this thread.

bettercallsal92

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
Not really. You have people claiming to get 12 hours. What were the main tweaks they did or can recommend that they think someone with less than optimal battery predromance can do. These phones are pretty much identical. I would think. So someone like me with new phone, few apps. Just some basic things i might have missed. Known to the community that can be battery killers.

I feel like some people are more about showing off than actually helping

TheLastPanda

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
96f050db2aeeff3d7809b1da96cb5f07.jpg

ac588d1d702433ae5e8369d6f6564187.jpg

64f92d1537afb3d00018d7864854c975.jpg

This is what I got yesterday. I think it's kinda low considering I only got less than 4 hours of screen on time. I have my screen brightness set to 25% at work or auto outside of work. I think its about 50% when it's on auto as I'm not in bright environments.

Why is Android System, Kernel, Google Play Service, and System always so high on the list?

4f24505992d33c2648dfc2ffe68fee9b.jpg

These are my disable stuff. Anything I shouldn't disable that would impact battery life?

I usually am in area of good reception (3-5 bars) so I don't think that's draining the radio.

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Here's an earlier post of mine which may or may not help:

Fairly heavy use at home yesterday on a lazy Sunday.

A few brief calls, some texting, email, Facebook, Tapatalk, Netflix, Words with Friends, etc...

Brightness on auto, bluetooth on all day (syncs with my fitbit and Bowflex Max), wifi on, advanced calling on. I've disabled/uninstalled apps that I don't need or use, but I don't use anything like package disabler to disable services or anything like that.

Pretty happy with my battery life.

//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/14/5b735c912a1e1adff4094b5d0d84d2ed.jpg

//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/14/c4f9bbd8aa0780b50bc543ed3840983e.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance