Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Ok
217ba90c937146b18a1e733afec53c0f.jpg

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
That would be great. One post summarizing the best tips....maybe even make it a sticky. Few of us have the time to read through everything in this thread.

Can't be done, everyone uses different apps, uses their phones different way, has a different carrier, etc.

That is like saying, "I had a great pie the other day, everyone list all your recipes so I can make a pie just like the one I had".

Last edited:

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Not really. You have people claiming to get 12 hours. What were the main tweaks they did or can recommend that they think someone with less than optimal battery predromance can do. These phones are pretty much identical. I would think. So someone like me with new phone, few apps. Just some basic things i might have missed. Known to the community that can be battery killers.

Yes really. I have already posted a couple of days ago what I disabled.

You have to read the thread.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
This is what I got yesterday. I think it's kinda low considering I only got less than 4 hours of screen on time. I have my screen brightness set to 25% at work or auto outside of work. I think its about 50% when it's on auto as I'm not in bright environments.

Why is Android System, Kernel, Google Play Service, and System always so high on the list?

These are my disable stuff. Anything I shouldn't disable that would impact battery life?

I usually am in area of good reception (3-5 bars) so I don't think that's draining the radio.

You are losing 5% an hour, that isn't bad at all. Your worst culprit is your low signal, I guarantee you. Your signal you are showing is not good.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Right now I'm using 2.9% battery an hour, which is exceptionally well.

It hasn't always been that good, I just had to play with disabling bloatware, a lot of it and then I re-enabled some. When I did the "disable all bloat" in package disabler, I seemed to not get as good of battery life.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
5% battery loss is not bad at all. I didn't get a GSam screenshot last night to see what I had list. I'll try and see about doing that before I charge tonight. I've only had a little over a couple hours screen time so far.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps there is another member willing to post a summary of top tips.

What do you not understand about this?

There are no top tips because everyone uses different apps and uses their phone differently.

Some only use WiFi, some never use WiFi, some have better signal than others, some use their phone for a lot of calls, some never use it for calls, some stream a lot, some never stream and on and on and on..

Have you replaced your Note 3 with a Note 5?

People have to read the thread, they have their phones and know what apps they download and then what stock apps they use.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Kelly, I understand your opinion. I am hoping another kind member will create a summary of tips to save battery. Please don't take it personally. Perhaps another member would like to try. If not no harm no foul. Please leave the option open to others.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Kelly, I understand your opinion. I am hoping another kind member will create a summary of tips to save battery. Please don't take it personally. Perhaps another member would like to try. If not no harm no foul. Please leave the option open to others.

That is not opinion.

None of us use all the same apps.

None of us use our phone the same way.

We have different carriers.

What I don't use and disable, someone else uses and doesn't want to disable.

At least 3 people have told you this isn't possible.

The top tips:
Disable bloatware and apps you don't use.

Read the thread.

We've said this over and over.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Now I said I would post my GSam and others before charging. Today I only got about 4:20 of SOT.

Attachments

• 1446149139640.jpg
    1446149139640.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 1446149151770.jpg
    1446149151770.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 1446149162510.jpg
    1446149162510.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 38

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
That is not opinion.

None of us use all the same apps.

None of us use our phone the same way.

We have different carriers.

What I don't use and disable, someone else uses and doesn't want to disable.

At least 3 people have told you this isn't possible.

The top tips:
Disable bloatware and apps you don't use.

Read the thread.

We've said this over and over.

I've read this whole thread.... She knows what she's talking about. It's a long thread, but the first 5-8 pages I found to be the most helpful.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1