Note 5 Battery life thread

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok. And verizon doesnt have smartmanager from what i can see

No they don't have Cheetah Mobile on Verizon. Cheetah Mobile is something I disable, I don't disable Smart Manager because it removed the battery percentage that is by the battery icon. I don't touch Smart Manager.

The only time I have touched it was to confirm Cheetah Mobile started up when that was opened.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I would never suggest all the above. That is removing things that make your phone a smart phone.

VoLTE and/or Advanced calling (which is Verizon) is necessary to talk on the phone and have mobile data at the same time.

Exactly. That list is absurd. I've done zero things on that list, my battery lasts all day with 4-5 hours of screen on time.

How many of those things have actually proven to save battery life, and exactly how much?

rainyboy7

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
Guys I have T-mobile and don't have any idea how's Verizon work, but I see Verizon is not using GSM band so you need VoLTE. Sorry for that.

I didn't say use clean master for ram management. Just for cleaning junks.

I can reach 10 hours screen time with this settings. of course it's hard to say which one is more important. But i just want to share my experience.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Guys I have T-mobile and don't have any idea how's Verizon work, but I see Verizon is not using GSM band so you need VoLTE. Sorry for that.

I didn't say use clean master for ram management. Just for cleaning junks.

I can reach 10 hours screen time with this settings. of course it's hard to say which one is more important. But i just want to share my experience.

I have TMO, it uses VoLTE for your LTE data and voice connection at the same time.

Clean Master should never, ever be used, seriously. It is an evil app that will cause you more problems than help. There is nothing you should need to clean.

Sure you can reach 10 hours SOT, your phone is basically a flip phone with a large screen.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I came from AT&T, where we could talk and browse with no problem.

With TMO and VoLTE off, either you can't talk and browse at the same time or your data is bumped down to 3G or 2G and you can't connect.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I have TMO, it uses VoLTE for your LTE data and voice connection at the same time.

Clean Master should never, ever be used, seriously. It is an evil app that will cause you more problems than help. There is nothing you should need to clean.

Sure you can reach 10 hours SOT, your phone is basically a flip phone with a large screen.
Yes agree DON'T EVER USE CLEAN MASTER VERY VERY VERY BAD! had to put that in caps!

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
All you have to do if want to clear cache go into settings and storage, or reboot into recovery and clear cache there i do that once a week, no need for CLEAN MASTER.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I am so mad that some carriers are using Cheetah Mobile and that Google is allowing them to stay in the Play Store.

Back a few years ago when Clean Master was developed, Android also didn't handle RAM as well and Clean Master wasn't an evil app.

Things have changed on both fronts.

Don't think of Android RAM like Windows RAM. The newer phones and newer Android OS, actually function better on a full RAM.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I am so mad that some carriers are using Cheetah Mobile and that Google is allowing them to stay in the Play Store.

Back a few years ago when Clean Master was developed, Android also didn't handle RAM as well and Clean Master wasn't an evil app.

Things have changed on both fronts.

Don't think of Android RAM like Windows RAM. The newer phones and newer Android OS, actually function better on a full RAM.
Yeah that is why AT&T removed it they know exactly what it does.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I think TMO knows also, CM probably paid a pretty penny to get TMO to add it on.
Here's my ram uses.
a343a74234a0729be574811a5d1c65e6.jpg

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
With my previous Samsung phones (which have been all my android phones) before my Note 4 and S5 before rooting, I constantly pulled up the task manager and cleared the RAM.

The "full RAM = happy phone" takes a while to get used to.

I always have at least 5 apps running in the background. I only close out (most of the time) the ones I open and rarely use.

rainyboy7

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
Yes agree DON'T EVER USE CLEAN MASTER VERY VERY VERY BAD! had to put that in caps!
Ok clear you cache, it doesn't matter how you do it. Clean master or every another app or just do it yourself. Android do make junk files, I am not talking about RAM and I don't care about it. There is 4 gb available :D

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes it does matter, Clean Master is not good. Listen to the entire video, just one or two problems with CM and Cheetah Mobile.

https://youtu.be/TiCK2hp_LRM

Your cache is what uses RAM that your OS and apps aren't using.

You very rarely need to clear your cache. I never did on my Note 4, haven't done it with my Note 5.

The ONLY cache clear I ever do, is wiping cache partition after an update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes