Note 5 Battery life thread

Bklyndude

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Pretty common. Is it a samsung thing? My first samsung i noticed this had it on my droid hd about 2 years ago. Like I said before the only phone which was the most stable in standyby was my previous lg g2. Anyone had other phone's prior to your note 5 or not a samsung that was able to hold a good standby battery percent

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
You need to post battery screenshots like others have. Having the GSam app is a good option, it shows what the percentage of loss an hour is and posting that.

I posted this before when I did an experiment and comparison for 1 week.

The iPhone 6+ standby barely moved the needle on battery. I took mine off charger at 100% didn't touch it all night and in 7 hours the battery drained only 2% in 7 hours.

N5 drained 6% over that same time.

But when actually using the phone itself the N5 routinely have me about 15% more time overall then the iPhone 6+

Posted via the Android Central App

Bklyndude

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
I don't have to post gsmam when i have two eyes. Just like you just stated. That the iphone was stable in sleep. I cannot use iphone as a point of reference seeing as i did not have one since the 4. But i will take your word for it. Now with that being said. Is there something that can be done with the note 5?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't have to post gsmam when i have two eyes. Just like you just stated. That the iphone was stable in sleep. I cannot use iphone as a point of reference seeing as i did not have one since the 4. But i will take your word for it. Now with that being said. Is there something that can be done with the note 5?

Until you post regular use screenshots and yes, GSam, no one can tell you anything. We have no idea what is going on with your phone.

GSam doesn't take the place of your two eyes, it can tell you things your two eyes don't see and it will keep me from pulling out a pencil and paper and figuring loss, which I'm not going to do.

Up to you.

There is no magic thing to tell you. What issues you are having will never be the same as what someone else is having.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I posted this before when I did an experiment and comparison for 1 week.

The iPhone 6+ standby barely moved the needle on battery. I took mine off charger at 100% didn't touch it all night and in 7 hours the battery drained only 2% in 7 hours.

N5 drained 6% over that same time.

But when actually using the phone itself the N5 routinely have me about 15% more time overall then the iPhone 6+

Posted via the Android Central App

Yes some phones will do that. They will have very little standby loss and huge use loss.

Either this thread or another, a couple talked about an LG and how it would do great and then when it got to a certain point and it was still a high amount, it would drop like a rock with use.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Yes some phones will do that. They will have very little standby loss and huge use loss.

Either this thread or another, a couple talked about an LG and how it would do great and then when it got to a certain point and it was still a high amount, it would drop like a rock with use.
Yup like when i had the LG G 3 idle was awesome but once you use the phone eats way way lot more then the Note 5.

TheLastPanda

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Tested battery drain while asleep this morning. I turned on airplane mode and force closes all apps. It still drained 2-3% in 2 hours which I don't think is acceptable. What is this "held awake"that's draining my battery?

Also, isn't it weird that even when I have the phone in airplane mode the signal is still medium?

d62a86d21d8fd87f87b55753397a9ab3.jpg

6abdac42998d1d2ce98209759bde6a43.jpg

3089037ae67321bce4e50ac4fa4af100.jpg

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Tested battery drain while asleep this morning. I turned on airplane mode and force closes all apps. It still drained 2-3% in 2 hours which I don't think is acceptable. What is this "held awake"that's draining my battery?

Also, isn't it weird that even when I have the phone in airplane mode the signal is still medium?

//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/01/d62a86d21d8fd87f87b55753397a9ab3.jpg

//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/01/6abdac42998d1d2ce98209759bde6a43.jpg

//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/01/3089037ae67321bce4e50ac4fa4af100.jpg
Are you seriously complaining about 2 to 3 % in 2 hours while idle that is normal nothing wrong with that mate.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Ok, do me a favor.. Run the phone for a couple of days, recharge during the day if you have to. Don't stop sync, don't turn on airplane mode, etc. Run it normal, I need to see how it is behaving and what it is doing.

Also get screenshots of the app sucker part of GSam.

Also who is your carrier?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I can already see with your GSam your Android OS and Android System is high. That isn't necessarily bad.. That can happen and not drain your battery. When it is high and draining your battery, that is an issue.

That is also the hardest thing to figure out. They throw a lot in those categories and the changes in KitKat don't let us see exactly what is going on there without root.

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
With Verizon I've always noticed the wifi being on causing some drain, but I looked at the stats more... is this saying my system used a gig of data in 3 hours? I've seen this before but never actually though about. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 1446392153147.jpg
    1446392153147.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 40

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia