Note 5 Battery life thread

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
OK so - make a system image of your phone and post it for me to download and flash onto my phone. Idc if I'm verizon... that's insane!

That is due to the update yesterday and the app optimization that came with it. Sprint took it out of their update, TMO kept it, don't know what Verizon and AT&T will do, keep or remove.

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Basically the Note 5 is working as Good as the Droid Razr Maxx from VZW, where on standby it would kill 1% or less per hour. Insane difference on my Note 5, it'd just amazing, it feels like it has 2 batteries now!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mod Note - Please keep it civil and not throw out accusations / calling people liars. It isn't needed. This thread is to help with battery life for those who want more and/or are having issues.

Thanks.

bstarr3

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting about 5 hours SOT in my first two days using this phone. So much better battery life than my moto x. Not as good as my wife's iPhone 6s,but more than enough for me

Posted via the Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting about 5 hours SOT in my first two days using this phone. So much better battery life than my moto x. Not as good as my wife's iPhone 6s,but more than enough for me

Posted via the Android Central App

You should continue to get better. Every Samsung I have had seems to have a period where it settles in and gets even better. That happens when new or with a firmware upgrade or a reset.

linkiik121

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm very impressed so far with the battery.have everything on, no power saving of any kind. Watch youtube, browse Web, facebook, emails and I get about 7 hours SOT.

AlexMarie15

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, I'm starting to feel hopeless about ever getting decent battery life.

Attachments

• 1446684664173.jpg
    1446684664173.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 1446684756032.jpg
    1446684756032.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 61

AlexMarie15

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Well I can see a problem right now.. Your signal. Is your signal always that low?

Depends on which part of the house I'm in or which area on campus. Usually I get great signal, so I never really take it into account, but it could be the cause for today's depressingly bad battery life. Also, I use Textra but had Google Messenger installed for backup. My phone actually sent me a little message saying that messenger was causing a lot of problems and my phone temperature actually went down after uninstalling it, so here's to hoping I've fixed part of the problem.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
One thing you might want to think about is getting a TMO booster.. You are on TMO right?

You can get the window booster, it is free and only requires you have electricity and get like one bar of LTE. It will grab the LTE signal and boost it through the house. They used to have them on stores, but you have to ask for it through 611 now.

It works great, it is free and it is portable and you just need to sit one box in a window and the amplifier box in another part of the house, far enough away from the window unit but not too close. It will have you not only at full bars but will boost your LTE speed through the house.

AlexMarie15

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
One thing you might want to think about is getting a TMO booster.. You are on TMO right?

You can get the window booster, it is free and only requires you have electricity and get like one bar of LTE. It will grab the LTE signal and boost it through the house. They used to have them on stores, but you have to ask for it through 611 now.

It works great, it is free and it is portable and you just need to sit one box in a window and the amplifier box in another part of the house, far enough away from the window unit but not too close. It will have you not only at full bars but will boost your LTE speed through the house.

I'll definitely look into that tomorrow.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
It is the best thing I ever used, now I have a tower completed near me. My signal was always the highest it could be and my LTE speed was boosted from about 5 gb to 20-30 gb.

TheMatrix31

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps a stupid question but it doesn't harm battery life over time if you mix up how you charge the phone, right? Just got the free wireless charger and I'm thinking of using that one for overnight charging and the fast charger in other situations. I was always worried about leaving the phone plugged in overnight with the fast charger since it charges to full like 45 minutes. Even with the technology it has to drain then re-top or whatever.

linkiik121

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Perhaps a stupid question but it doesn't harm battery life over time if you mix up how you charge the phone, right? Just got the free wireless charger and I'm thinking of using that one for overnight charging and the fast charger in other situations. I was always worried about leaving the phone plugged in overnight with the fast charger since it charges to full like 45 minutes. Even with the technology it has to drain then re-top or whatever.

Nope, won't harm the battery. If you plug in the USB in the computer it'll take a long time to charge very slowly. About 6 hours from dead.

Posted via Note 5 AT&T

vm81

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
So I have had great battery life on this phone ever since I got the phone from Verizon. Initially Verizon had a WiFi bug which was draining my battery in standby when on WiFi...but they seemed to fix that with Oct 20th update for Samsung Pay (atleast fixed it for me). In standby overnight...7 hours I would loose at most 5% or so.

But something dramatic happened last night...nothing new, no new apps, nothing changed on the phone. I went to bed with the phone at 39% and woke up 7 hours later with 3% left...thats 36% drop in 7 hours of standby. Just cant get my head around it. Even this morning after charge, its losing juice lot quicker than it used to.

I cant post screen shots as I didnt take one...will take a screen shot at the end of the day today before charging...but this is quite dramatic considering nothing changed on the phone or location or signal.

Just thought will bring it up if someone else saw huge change like that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781