Note 5 Battery life thread

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
It's hard for me to to gauge my battery life because I can just plug in my phone when needed. I'm also not a super user as some are. I just use my phone.

declauds

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
After using my note 5 for about a week I'm quite disappointed with the result of the battery. It can only last for about 12 hrs reaching 15% with "moderate" use. I just used it for FB, browsing, around 20 mins of Spotify and around an hour of YouTube. And just texting without any calls.

I got disappointed because before I bought this phone I've already read that the battery results is superb.

PS I cant attached my SS of battery usage because the AC app keeps on crashing after trying to attached my SS!

Posted via the Android Central App

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Here's Today's which is still excellent even thought SOT is a little over 4hrs but close to 2 days with no charge and every battery life i get it different not always the same usually i get 6 to 7 SOT with 15 hrs. 👍👍👍

640d476ecb6af6b06dad2f198d20cb4f.jpg

321b0d76ef103dca8deb6f169d80e631.jpg

linkiik121

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Here's Today's which is still excellent even thought SOT is a little over 4hrs but close to 2 days with no charge and every battery life i get it different not always the same usually i get 6 to 7 SOT with 15 hrs. 👍👍👍

//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/07/640d476ecb6af6b06dad2f198d20cb4f.jpg
//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/07/321b0d76ef103dca8deb6f169d80e631.jpg

I'm loving the battery life. I didn't for a moment expect it to be so good. I'm looking at the battery percent 57 and almost 4 hour screen on time.
Also noticed I have very little drain if I don't touch the phone.

I too would like to post a picture but the app crashes every time.

Posted via Note 5 AT&T

DamienP

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Everyone uses their phone different, but I can tell you without and charts or graphs this phones battery runs out at a constant rate. If you get light use you will be fine. If you are near a plug were you can fast charge you will be fine. But if you work out side and use evernote for your job all day like I do your going to be in a pinch on a daily basis, wondering why you paid $900 for this device.

Personally I could care less about the "design language" and the thinness of the phone. I wanted the best System on a chip, and a big screen.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Everyone uses their phone different, but I can tell you without and charts or graphs this phones battery runs out at a constant rate. If you get light use you will be fine. If you are near a plug were you can fast charge you will be fine. But if you work out side and use evernote for your job all day like I do your going to be in a pinch on a daily basis, wondering why you paid $900 for this device.

Personally I could care less about the "design language" and the thinness of the phone. I wanted the best System on a chip, and a big screen.

Well that actually isn't true. That might be happening for you, but without your info, no one knows why. It doesn't happen for others.

Richy9596

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I'm concerned by the fact that Samsung ecxluded the option of switching off the fast charging for a Note 5.
In other words I have to always fast charge my device unless I use a different non-fast charging charger.
Does anybody have an idea as to whether it's bad for the battery? I mean a fast charging could reduce the battery life. What do you think?
I once tried to charge my Note 5 with a Sony 0.5 A charger, which gives the same safe 0.5 A as a PC usb connector does, but I noticed that the battery drained very quick after that.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I'm concerned by the fact that Samsung ecxluded the option of switching off the fast charging for a Note 5.
In other words I have to always fast charge my device unless I use a different non-fast charging charger.
Does anybody have an idea as to whether it's bad for the battery? I mean a fast charging could reduce the battery life. What do you think?
I once tried to charge my Note 5 with a Sony 0.5 A charger, which gives the same safe 0.5 A as a PC usb connector does, but I noticed that the battery drained very quick after that.

The amount that fast charging my reduce the battery life is so small, you wouldn't notice.

These batteries were made for fast charging.

Richy9596

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I think so too, Kelly, but I liked the option of switching it off with my Note 4. I didn't need the fast charging, I untick it. Now there's no option. Anyway, thanks for sharing.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I think so too, Kelly, but I liked the option of switching it off with my Note 4. I didn't need the fast charging, I untick it. Now there's no option. Anyway, thanks for sharing.

I never switched it off with my Note 4. As batteries get bigger in all phones, quick charging will be the norm. Many new phones released have quick charging.

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I started using a VPN and noticed that it said in the last 30 minues, my phone has downloaded over 130MB on wifi...

This correlates with GSam telling me my system is downloading a lot on wifi. What could my system be doing?

Maybe Play Music, Keep, Youtube, Drive, Samsung Kids mode?

Attachments

• 1446995504483.jpg
    1446995504483.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 70

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I started using a VPN and noticed that it said in the last 30 minues, my phone has downloaded over 130MB on wifi...

This correlates with GSam telling me my system is downloading a lot on wifi. What could my system be doing?

Maybe Play Music, Keep, Youtube, Drive, Samsung Kids mode?
Do you have your Playstore settings to not update apps automatically?

s6edge

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
my phone is s6 edge and it has battery drain problems i posted in many threads but i got no replies :(

i have tried clearing cache, reseting but still doesnt help

image.jpgimage.jpg

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Samsung account is having trouble syncing, maybe that's causing the drain? I tried to remove and re add it with no success in fixing it

Attachments

• 1447007609447.jpg
    1447007609447.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 65

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
my phone is s6 edge and it has battery drain problems i posted in many threads but i got no replies :(

i have tried clearing cache, reseting but still doesnt help

View attachment 205027View attachment 205028

Try checking my battery tips thread on the S6 forum, it has been buried under hundreds of new threads but follow this link and see if it helps you.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s6/514137-adjustments-tips-tricks-maximize-battery-life-samsung-galaxy-s6-edge.html

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Samsung account is having trouble syncing, maybe that's causing the drain? I tried to remove and re add it with no success in fixing it

Try removing the VPN and see if it syncs. It may be that causing it.

As for the data it could have been photo back-ups or anything really. It's hard to gauge.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX