Note 5 Battery life thread

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
What I've been doing lately is before I unplug my phone, I do a phone restart to clear any BS that's running. That seems to help. Maybe it doesn't. I don't know. I do know that when I do that and I drive home from work, I'm still at around 75% when I get home.

I don't use my phone nearly as much as you guys do though, apparently. I don't think my phone as constituted would be able to get 5, 6, 7 hours of SOT. But I don't need that so it's okay I guess.

I can get around 15-20 hours before I get to 20-25% left so it's pretty damn good for me lol. But it also leaves me wondering whether my battery should be lasting like 2 days since I *dont* have the screen on that much, haha. If I leave it overnight it drains like one percent an hour rather than 4 or 5 so that inflates numbers.

Overnight is idle drain. I charged my phone last night and I used it a while and then I went to bed. You can see where it was idle, the straight part of the line.

Attachments

• 1447069125294.jpg
    1447069125294.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 40

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 205079 this is ridiculous. Why is android downloading 2GB of data for? I'm using the basic xml settings from the "detouchwizzing and debloating note 5" thread for T-Mobile on xda. But this is beyond my comprehension

Take that screen on GSam with a grain of salt. I didn't even turn on WiFi and this is what I have.

Attachments

• 1447069263722.jpg
    1447069263722.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 45

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Agree with you, You beat me to it but that is definitely correct.

OK. Then do you all use Gmail? Do you get a lot or send a lot of emails? Do you talk on the phone?

Again. My battery life looks amazing when I let it sit idle overnight. And that was my point. That's what was trying to say. Posting stats doesn't matter at all. Not one bit.

Usage matters. I could have used my phone for 4 hours strsight leaving my screen on the entire time and the STATS would have said I'd have used it for 24 hours without needing a charge.

Hell, Sprint, ATT T Mobile and Verizon themselves don't tell you those numbers. And if anything they WANT to be able to use those stats.

Again. Leave the phone plugged in overnight. Get up. Start using it. See what happens. Right off the bat.

I'm down to 89% after 1 hour 6 minutes because I've been on my phone th entire time I've been up. Accessing email. Reading WSJ and using this app among other things.

So I'm actually using the phone. Using it.

On it. Accessing information constantly.

Sorry. Again. Realistically with normal use if this is your main driver and you use it normally or for work like me, expect 10-12 hours. 12-15 if you're just occasionally checking emails and not actually talking on the phone that much.

That's real world.

I came over from iPhone 6+ and got about that same.

My company issues 6+ or Note 5 to our team of outside salespeople and not one of those people are getting more than 12 hours during the day. I know as I am responsible for issuing them.

Summing it up. On th weekend I can get 15-18 hours. During the work week 12.

And if I unplug it fully charged before bed I can also pretend I get 48 hours of battery life.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I leave it unplugged overnight, get right up and start using it. You can see in the graph where it idles and where it is used.

When the screen time is posted, that is how many hours the screen was on and the phone actively being used, that isn't things working in the background.

Attachments

• 1447070814880.jpg
    1447070814880.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 40

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
And if I unplug it fully charged before bed I can also pretend I get 48 hours of battery life.

I'm not sure what you don't understand about time. The battery lasts how long it lasts and phone idle is part of the time and again, a day is 24 hours and people can have their phone last longer than 24 hours.

I generally charge by the time it is at 30% even if I could let it go overnight. I don't like letting my battery drop down below 30%.

Charging your phone, unplugging it and going to bed, isn't pretending anything. Your phone isn't used while sleeping and many don't charge it overnight most of the time.

Last edited:

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I was having battery issues last week. First 4 days Android System kept getting to the 20% mark. Cleared the cache partition and didn't fix it. Decided to do a factory reset. Didn't work either. Got up to 22% with about 50% battery left. Decided to uninstall Nova Launcher and that was it. Android System hovering around the 2-3% range now since I took it off yesterday

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I was having battery issues last week. First 4 days Android System kept getting to the 20% mark. Cleared the cache partition and didn't fix it. Decided to do a factory reset. Didn't work either. Got up to 22% with about 50% battery left. Decided to uninstall Nova Launcher and that was it. Android System hovering around the 2-3% range now since I took it off yesterday

Well Android OS is such a dump for anything and everything, hard to pin down what shoots that up.

I use Nova, but it doesn't affect my battery or Android OS. I'm wondering if you had an icon pack or some other setting in Nova that did that.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Your brightness is up there and you still get 7 hours SOT?? I barely get 4 hrs at 1/3 full brightness

Do all of you who get 6-7 hrs use package Disabler pro?? Or by default you get 7hrs SOT?

I just package disabler pro and this is what I have disabled.

Attachments

• 1447074078236.jpg
    1447074078236.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 55

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Your brightness is up there and you still get 7 hours SOT?? I barely get 4 hrs at 1/3 full brightness

Do all of you who get 6-7 hrs use package Disabler pro?? Or by default you get 7hrs SOT?

I don't use it i do have that app but haven't used it , All i have is in settings all applications manager bloatware disable from there, I'm on AT&T .

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Well Android OS is such a dump for anything and everything, hard to pin down what shoots that up.

I use Nova, but it doesn't affect my battery or Android OS. I'm wondering if you had an icon pack or some other setting in Nova that did that.

Didn't install anything with it. Just Nova with Nova Prime. It wasn't Android OS. That was always low. It was Android System taking up a lot. Maybe I'll try again in a few days.

Dhanikz

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
I just package disabler pro and this is what I have disabled.
Thank you so much. I cannot see the contents clearly but I think I see you've disabled CM, Microsoft Office, whatsapp and instagram among them.
When you disable them you cannot access them right? I use those apps pretty often except office

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Didn't install anything with it. Just Nova with Nova Prime. It wasn't Android OS. That was always low. It was Android System taking up a lot. Maybe I'll try again in a few days.

Oh.. Android OS and Android System.. Same difference. Since KitKat, you can't see what it is using the battery, just one of those things dumped in there.

I would try Nova again later. I haven't used launchers in years, until my Note 4 and I use Nova.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
About and hour ago just arrived to work, most of the battery life you see was at home on my wifi
d3900cf6480c4f34e99564a1d9a0ab96.jpg

2f040508fa1e74c38c8b045a8bec4156.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay