Note 5 Battery life thread

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Thank you so much. I cannot see the contents clearly but I think I see you've disabled CM, Microsoft Office, whatsapp and instagram among them.
When you disable them you cannot access them right? I use those apps pretty often except office

Right if you disable them, you can't use them. I don't use Instagram at all.

As far as Cheetah Mobile anything, including Clean Master.. It needs to be disabled, it should have never been allowed on any of these phones. Cheetah Mobile needs to be banned from the Play Store.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

As far as Cheetah Mobile anything, including Clean Master.. It needs to be disabled, it should have never been allowed on any of these phones. Cheetah Mobile needs to be banned from the Play Store.
+1 on Clean Master agree

Dhanikz

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site

They are very intrusive if you don't disable most of the services. The only option I use is the junk cleaner (I've turned everything else off). Comes in handy at times. Even the smart manager widget Samsung offers is by them.
Can I know your reasons for hating it.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
They are very intrusive if you don't disable most of the services. The only option I use is the junk cleaner (I've turned everything else off). Comes in handy at times. Even the smart manager widget Samsung offers is by them.
Can I know your reasons for hating it.

Yes I know that Samsung widget uses it. First, you don't need something like that, in fact it can make your phone have problems. Let Android handle the RAM, clearing cache is rarely necessary. When these programs kick stuff out of RAM, it just has to reload again.

Also Cheetah Mobile has a huge issue with privacy concerns, even China has an issue with them. Let me see if I can find the thread with the info.

Dhanikz

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks again deleted right away :) don't need all that crap.

It used to be a pretty good app, back when we needed to manage RAM some ourselves on Android. Then they sold it to Cheetah Mobile and RAM no longer needed to be managed. Androids just run better with a full RAM, it is the opposite of a Window's computer.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Everyone uses their phone different, but I can tell you without and charts or graphs this phones battery runs out at a constant rate. If you get light use you will be fine. If you are near a plug were you can fast charge you will be fine. But if you work out side and use evernote for your job all day like I do your going to be in a pinch on a daily basis, wondering why you paid $900 for this device.

Personally I could care less about the "design language" and the thinness of the phone. I wanted the best System on a chip, and a big screen.

Posted via the Android Central App

I have the exact opposite experience. With moderate to heavy usage, my battery will last the day with excellent screen on time. You may want to look at your settings or coverage area. Bad signal is the biggest battery killer and ppl don't always think about that. Especially if travel is involved

vm81

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
For sometime I have gotten to a point where I get excellent battery life...goes all day with around 6 hours or so of SOT or almost 1.5-2 days in some instances with 3-4 hours of SOT.

However, twice over last week...I have had battery drop 30-40% overnight in standby. I have no idea whats causing that...nothing has changed on the phone, nothing has changed with signal, haven't disabled or enabled anything new. Its a mystery...

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
For sometime I have gotten to a point where I get excellent battery life...goes all day with around 6 hours or so of SOT or almost 1.5-2 days in some instances with 3-4 hours of SOT.

However, twice over last week...I have had battery drop 30-40% overnight in standby. I have no idea whats causing that...nothing has changed on the phone, nothing has changed with signal, haven't disabled or enabled anything new. Its a mystery...

Something weird like that, it would make me think there was a network issue during that time.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Something weird like that, it would make me think there was a network issue during that time.
Yup network issues can happen while sleeping even the wifi can have issues while sleeping, doesn't happen to me but I've seen it happen at my daughters house while she comes to my house and her phone runs better.

Richy9596

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi everybody, does anybody know what the App optimization does? If an app is always optimized, what does it mean? What if I switch the optimization to the automatic mode? Whats the difference and what option iss the best?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams