Note 5 Battery life thread

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Is it common for the phone radio to be active just as long as wifi? Sorry if this has been answered previously. I downloaded gsam and just noticed it this morning when I took the time to finally look at it. My battery life is fine, just didn't know if this was common.

Attachments

• 1447252075147.jpg
    1447252075147.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 38

s6edge

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Is it common for the phone radio to be active just as long as wifi? Sorry if this has been answered previously. I downloaded gsam and just noticed it this morning when I took the time to finally look at it. My battery life is fine, just didn't know if this was common.

i wish i had a battery like your just saying :/

i guess answer to your question is yes

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Kelly here you go As you said ill used my phone until my battery is oow here you go.

View attachment 205452View attachment 205453View attachment 205454View attachment 205455View attachment 205456

Ok.. You have 4 hours of screen time right now and almost 2 days on a charge and you are losing right at 2% an hour.

What are you perceiving is wrong with your battery? Also, you have an S6, that is very, very good life for an S6.

What is not meeting your expectations?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
As far as power management is concerned, I consider myself pretty well versed...

There is nothing wrong with your battery performance. You have 4 1/2 hours of SOT over 45 hours. That is, by any account, quite good. If you have an S6, it is EXTREMELY good.....Even if you had the Edge+, that's good. there are people with the S6E who don't manage that much over the course of less than a day.

What are your expectations?

One thing to keep in mind.... SOT and total charge time are inversely related. If I took mine off the charger and just went hell bent for glory, I could get 7+ hours of SOT, but I'd have to charge it in in 10 or so hours.... If I wanted to change once a day, I could do up to 6ish.... If I wanted to push it to once every two days... 4 hours or so. etc.. If I just popped it my table and didn't touch it, I could go a week with next to no SOT.

My active drain is about 12% to 13% an hour, and my average idle drain is about 1%... some combination of those two numbers will dictate how long I go between charges and how much SOT I can expect during that time.

s6edge

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Ok.. You have 4 hours of screen time right now and almost 2 days on a charge and you are losing right at 2% an hour.

What are you perceiving is wrong with your battery? Also, you have an S6, that is very, very good life for an S6.

well the it seems ok when you see it like that, im loosing 2% while browing ebay for 3min, i can make a video if u want to...

s6edge

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
The battery life is great on your phone...

Posted via Note 5 AT&T

As far as power management is concerned, I consider myself pretty well versed...

There is nothing wrong with your battery performance. You have 4 1/2 hours of SOT over 45 hours. That is, by any account, quite good. If you have an S6, it is EXTREMELY good.....Even if you had the Edge+, that's good. there are people with the S6E who don't manage that much over the course of less than a day.

What are your expectations?

One thing to keep in mind.... SOT and total charge time are inversely related. If I took mine off the charger and just went hell bent for glory, I could get 7+ hours of SOT, but I'd have to charge it in in 10 or so hours.... If I wanted to change once a day, I could do up to 6ish.... If I wanted to push it to once every two days... 4 hours or so. etc.. If I just popped it my table and didn't touch it, I could go a week with next to no SOT.

My active drain is about 12% to 13% an hour, and my average idle drain is about 1%... some combination of those two numbers will dictate how long I go between charges and how much SOT I can expect during that time.

Guys,Guys its shows that it looses 1% in 1 hour, tat is because gsam battery monitor is bugged, see this video i made please see it its just 2.45min

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeje9e2-Pr4

if you still don't believe me i can make a 5min video and show how i lose 4-6%, i don't use the phone much thats why i n the previous it said almost two days... :( please help me

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
But did you get 4.5 SOT over 45 total hours?

That is excellent. The reason why no one can help you is that no one has anything to help with. This is the phone equivalent of Candice Swanepoel complaining that she's fat and ugly.

Don't mean to joke, but you only have to charge your phone once every two days and still get over 4 hours of use during that span. If you did a poll, you wouldn't find many S6 people who would complain.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Guys,Guys its shows that it looses 1% in 1 hour, tat is because gsam battery monitor is bugged, see this video i made please see it its just 2.45min

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeje9e2-Pr4

if you still don't believe me i can make a 5min video and show how i lose 4-6%, i don't use the phone much thats why i n the previous it said almost two days... :( please help me
Don't worry about the percent drop. Overall, you seem to be having good battery life. By chance, do you know what setting (brightness) you have the screen set to? If it's automatic or max then you 'll see higher battery use. If you are looking for maximum battery life consider reducing the setting to 50%-75%.

s6edge

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Don't worry about the percent drop. Overall, you seem to be having good battery life. By chance, do you know what setting (brightness) you have the screen set to? If it's automatic or max then you 'll see higher battery use. If you are looking for maximum battery life consider reducing the setting to 50%-75%.
b ightness is set 35%, how am supposed to use it if i it drops in 2minutes, in in 1hour 35% of my battery wpuld be gone or more i need a solution please someone help :/

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Well first.. Your battery will drop when idling, it is going to use battery.

Also if you get an S6 to last 2 days with 4 hours of use, that I'd better than any S6 u have seen.

You could easily get 5 or 6 hours of use in 24 hour if a charge it seems like, with what you have posted.

If you can charge once a day with your S6 and get 4-6 hours of use, you are doing good. An S6 battery just usually isn't that good.