Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Outstanding 👍👍👍
e1a0936b4975422f05f32eb8feff8988.jpg

f401c81d3428f6bf896ac060d4dac9d4.jpg

s6edge

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
You also have to stop looking at "in this particular 5 mins I lost x% of battery" because you can't look at your battery life in that kind of increment and get a true picture. You have to look at the time period from fully charged and removed from the charger until it is low enough to charge again.

That could be 3 days, that could be 7 days, that could be 10 hours, that could be 5 hours. You have to look at the 100%. Sometimes you will do something on your phone and it will drop 2% in 3 minutes and then sometimes you will do something on your phone and it will take over an hours for it to drop 2%.

Here you go.. i took off my battery from charger and used it for like one hour i took some pictures after that...

And used my phone the rest of the day just to call and most of time it was unused..

The thing i noticed is it looses battery even if i dont use it.. i mean like in hour its looses 1% (can it be due to career)

These days im busy with exams coming close so i dont use phone much.. but when exams are over it'll be a hard time with battery drain

Also i took this screen at 8:17p.m so you guys think this is normal?

Then i will have to charge the phone twice a day

Also actually i would have used my phone only 2 and half hours active.. but im off to 34% from 100%

I also noticed my phone chargers up in 1:15min... its supposed to take 1:30right.. is it a problem?

About the screen shots : some are from after one hour of use. And rest is at 8pm odd

Attachments

• 1447512645985.jpg
    1447512645985.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 1447512673448.jpg
    1447512673448.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 1447512692548.jpg
    1447512692548.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 1447512714819.jpg
    1447512714819.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 1447512734478.jpg
    1447512734478.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 73

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Here you go.. i took off my battery from charger and used it for like one hour i took some pictures after that...

And used my phone the rest of the day just to call and most of time it was unused..

The thing i noticed is it looses battery even if i dont use it.. i mean like in hour its looses 1% (can it be due to career)

These days im busy with exams coming close so i dont use phone much.. but when exams are over it'll be a hard time with battery drain

Also i took this screen at 8:17p.m so you guys think this is normal?

Then i will have to charge the phone twice a day

Also actually i would have used my phone only 2 and half hours active.. but im off to 34% from 100%

I also noticed my phone chargers up in 1:15min... its supposed to take 1:30right.. is it a problem?

About the screen shots : some are from after one hour of use. And rest is at 8pm odd

As everyone has pointed out, this thread you are in is for the NOTE 5, not the S6 EDGE. Regardless, your battery life is fine. 1% per hour would mean you could go 3 days with light use. Your photo at 36% remaining after that long during the day and 4 HOURS OF SCREEN TIME means you would be looking at over 6 hours use in about a 16 hour day. That's good.

As for the note about an iphone... even my friends iPhone 6 plus drained that fast, so switching back to iPhone won't help you. Only thing that would is switch to the s6 Active.

hoofbeats95

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi all. I'm new here. I have 3 lines of service on Sprint. Just upgraded all three to S6 phones. I'm appalled at battery life. So I was researching the note 5. It seems to consistently get better battery? I don't quite get what the GSam Battery Monitor screen shots are telling me. How do you read that data? Thanks!

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi all. I'm new here. I have 3 lines of service on Sprint. Just upgraded all three to S6 phones. I'm appalled at battery life. So I was researching the note 5. It seems to consistently get better battery? I don't quite get what the GSam Battery Monitor screen shots are telling me. How do you read that data? Thanks!

GSAM tells you what is using up how much of your battery. The note 5 is more efficient than the Galaxy S6 and has a bigger battery, so battery life is much better, yes. If you are able, I would recommend sending those back and getting the Note 5 or S6 edge+. I have the note 5 and my wife the edge +, her battery seems better than mine

hoofbeats95

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
Gotta say i am very happy with my battery life on my Note 5

What do you do to get this battery life? For example on my S6 I have lots of things turned off and power save mode turned on. Are you tweaking the phone like that? Or can I expect this battery life with the note 5 without doing all that stuff?

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
What do you do to get this battery life? For example on my S6 I have lots of things turned off and power save mode turned on. Are you tweaking the phone like that? Or can I expect this battery life with the note 5 without doing all that stuff?
All i got on my AT&T Note 5 is bloatware disable and Enhanced 4G LTE services turned off and location set to mobile and wifi no tweaks at all and no not rooted either since AT&T Note 5 is locked down.

hoofbeats95

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
All i got on my AT&T Note 5 is bloatware disable and Enhanced 4G LTE services turned off and location set to mobile and wifi no tweaks at all and no not rooted either since AT&T Note 5 is locked down.

Thanks! I have Sprint and I wonder if I can expect similar results. This S6 battery life is a drag.

jmj227

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
After a lot of google searching, it turns out it was firefox that had a bug that kept the process "mdnsd" running continually. Uninstalled firefox and now it's fine.

hoofbeats95

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
GSAM tells you what is using up how much of your battery. The note 5 is more efficient than the Galaxy S6 and has a bigger battery, so battery life is much better, yes. If you are able, I would recommend sending those back and getting the Note 5 or S6 edge+. I have the note 5 and my wife the edge +, her battery seems better than mine

MedicD - have you done alot to get good battery out of your note 5? Looking back through this thread it doesn't seem like you were happy with it. I eeked out about 3 hours of sot time over about 16 hours up time on my S6 yesterday. Not horrible but I found I was refraining from using it. And of course running in power save, disabled a lot of stuff and blah blah blah. . . . I literally squeaked that battery life out.

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
MedicD - have you done alot to get good battery out of your note 5? Looking back through this thread it doesn't seem like you were happy with it. I eeked out about 3 hours of sot time over about 16 hours up time on my S6 yesterday. Not horrible but I found I was refraining from using it. And of course running in power save, disabled a lot of stuff and blah blah blah. . . . I literally squeaked that battery life out.

My battery has sucked, but I think it's because I have bad signal everywhere in the mountains, and Verizon seems to have some issues too. Kelly on Tmob gets great battery though, so do most people.

I also refuse to turn several things off, like Google Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21