Note 5 Battery life thread

hoofbeats95

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
My battery has sucked, but I think it's because I have bad signal everywhere in the mountains, and Verizon seems to have some issues too. Kelly on Tmob gets great battery though, so do most people.

I also refuse to turn several things off, like Google Now

Thanks. I have Sprint. I don't think my phone reaches for signal much. I'm in the flatlands here in in IL. I did see that you lived in the mountains so I was wondering about that. Why does Verizon have issues? With just this phone? I've pondered returning all the S6 phones to Best Buy and switching to Verizon for the moto turbo 2. I've only ever had Sprint from my very first cell phone though. So that makes me nervous.

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I have Sprint. I don't think my phone reaches for signal much. I'm in the flatlands here in in IL. I did see that you lived in the mountains so I was wondering about that. Why does Verizon have issues? With just this phone? I've pondered returning all the S6 phones to Best Buy and switching to Verizon for the moto turbo 2. I've only ever had Sprint from my very first cell phone though. So that makes me nervous.

Verizon seems to have the best signal most places. If you live in a city it sounds like Tmob is the best option (assuming you don't travel much). The mountains give everyone issues and Verizon still seems to be the best. I can't even find a radio station that will stay in tune my entire 15 minute commute.

I'm a little jealous of that new shatterproof Droid, either the Force 2 or Turbo 2... can't remember which is better

hoofbeats95

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
Verizon seems to have the best signal most places. If you live in a city it sounds like Tmob is the best option (assuming you don't travel much). The mountains give everyone issues and Verizon still seems to be the best. I can't even find a radio station that will stay in tune my entire 15 minute commute.

I'm a little jealous of that new shatterproof Droid, either the Force 2 or Turbo 2... can't remember which is better

T-mobile isn't so hot in my area. We can't really decide what to do. I'm one of the odd people that like Samsung's Touch Wiz I guess. . . . I haven't really had any other smartphone (the HTC hero long ago, but I barely remember it). So I'm nervous to switch to Motorola. . . But gosh this S6 just doesn't last as long as I'd expect from a new phone. I haven't taken any of them back (for the note 5 potentially) because we were considering the swap to Verizon. So I only wanted to return once. And I also have only known Sprint (17+ years) so to go to Verizon and Motorola is all out of my comfort zone. I'm pretty cranky with Samsung though and this crap battery life. And I'm just not sure I can "trust" that the note 5 will get enough to make it worth doing the exchange :(

tan_pg

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi there, first time posting here so bare with me. Anyways, I was just wondering if something's a bit off with my battery? Got it a month ago, and some "sample" units in samsung stores for the note 5 display longer standby times and if u turn on ultra power saving mode, ti shows that there's more than a day left for the battery at around 65, 70% whereas my phone only shows 23 hrs 30 mns on 100%. Is there something up? Would "recalibrating" the battery work?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi there, first time posting here so bare with me. Anyways, I was just wondering if something's a bit off with my battery? Got it a month ago, and some "sample" units in samsung stores for the note 5 display longer standby times and if u turn on ultra power saving mode, ti shows that there's more than a day left for the battery at around 65, 70% whereas my phone only shows 23 hrs 30 mns on 100%. Is there something up? Would "recalibrating" the battery work?
Can you show us some screenshots of the battery stats, please?

tan_pg

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
[BOX]Screenshot_2015-11-22-00-50-39.jpg[/BOX] Screenshot_2015-11-22-00-50-43.jpg
Would these suffice? Thanks for the reply btw. Just currently worried because the mobile carriers in my country have a reputation for replacing and tampering with the phones they give out so im just worried that maybe they did the same to my note 5.

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site
My biggest issue is 4G. I have to manually disable. Where I stay my signal is at 1-2 bars often times jumps to H. So if I leave it like that it goes down so fast: Stats of right now: Off battery 6 hours 35 mins. SOT time 2 hours 48 mins. Biggest drain screen. WTF? I neve manage 4 hours of SOT unless I watch youtube or plex on wifi.

precon22

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Just hit 6 hrs SOT today or LTE 95% of the day on Tmobile
5ba597072a804e70a5995fa8d7c318da.jpg

75ee5882a0fcfa29f77d44c67c11d4c9.jpg

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

You just aren't going to have good signal or good battery. It looks like the only way you can is with a type of booster that connects to your WiFi. You might can buy those that work for any carrier, but thru will be a few hundred dollars.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
T-mobile isn't so hot in my area. We can't really decide what to do. I'm one of the odd people that like Samsung's Touch Wiz I guess. . . . I haven't really had any other smartphone (the HTC hero long ago, but I barely remember it). So I'm nervous to switch to Motorola. . . But gosh this S6 just doesn't last as long as I'd expect from a new phone. I haven't taken any of them back (for the note 5 potentially) because we were considering the swap to Verizon. So I only wanted to return once. And I also have only known Sprint (17+ years) so to go to Verizon and Motorola is all out of my comfort zone. I'm pretty cranky with Samsung though and this crap battery life. And I'm just not sure I can "trust" that the note 5 will get enough to make it worth doing the exchange :(

The S6 and the Note 5, are completely different when it comes to battery life. I had the S6 Edge. Also Notes have always had better battery life than the S lines.

hoofbeats95

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
The S6 and the Note 5, are completely different when it comes to battery life. I had the S6 Edge. Also Notes have always had better battery life than the S lines.

Thanks! We returned the S6 phones and rolled everything back to our old phones. I was unable to decide for sure if the note 5 would actually suffice in terms of battery. Not sure what we will do next

Beagles329

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Looking for a little help with my battery usage. I've had my Note 5 for almost a week now and Google Play Services is always a top consumer of my battery. Are there any suggestions on what I can do to fix this?

Also, I know that the "Cell Standby" usage is an issue but is the current solution to run 100% LTE?

Thanks for the help!

uploadfromtaptalk1448369105598.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1448369117871.jpg

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Looking for a little help with my battery usage. I've had my Note 5 for almost a week now and Google Play Services is always a top consumer of my battery. Are there any suggestions on what I can do to fix this?

Also, I know that the "Cell Standby" usage is an issue but is the current solution to run 100% LTE?

Thanks for the help!

View attachment 206894
View attachment 206895

Maybe I'm missing something, your phone has been unplugged for over 20 and a half hours and you've only used 42% of your battery, and you think there's a problem?

Beagles329

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
It's normal. Just doesnt seem like you use your phone much. What's your screen time?

Posted via Note 5 64GB AT&T

My screen time is between 3 to 5 hours depending on my day.
Maybe I'm missing something, your phone has been unplugged for over 20 and a half hours and you've only used 42% of your battery, and you think there's a problem?
My questions come from that as my usage/screen time increases so does my Google Play Services usage percentage leading to me to believe that there's a setting that I missed that's causing the high usage.

Don't get me wrong, I think that what I've been getting for battery life is pretty good but if there is something that I can do to make it better, I'm going to try to do so.

zaayer

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi. So I've been using Note5 international unlocked version for about 2 weeks now. Decided to share battery stats with you guys. What do you guys think? I've been looking at the posts on this thread and this seems a bit above average, but I can see some people getting a full day and a half with their phones on a single charge!

Screenshot_2015-11-22-13-23-54.jpg
Screenshot_2015-11-23-18-48-17.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane