Note 5 Battery life thread

linkiik121

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
First full day with mine. Not quite on par with my Droid Turbo, but it's a smaller battery and a bigger screen so that's to be expected.

From my Platinum Gold Note 5

What's was the battery life like with the turbo? Looks like your note 5 is doing very good battery wise.

Posted via Note 5 64GB AT&T

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
What's was the battery life like with the turbo? Looks like your note 5 is doing very good battery wise.

I once pushed my turbo to 39 hours off the charger with 9 hours screen time. Still had 10% left so I could have made 10 hours. That was on kit Kat, lollipop was a touch worse.

The turbo was a beast in the battery department, and the Moto features were nice. However, so far I find the note to have a better screen, better sound, less lag, and a faaaaaaar superior camera.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what stand by is for you. For me I am getting 5 pushed email accounts, 5 weather apps updating between every 15 minutes or once an hour, and Tapatalk pushing replies all night long. Any of them might cause led notifications. I doubt you can get 12 hours of all that for zero electricity but razr maxx hd could do it on 2%-5% of battery.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
What the hell man... I have my g3 for about 12 hours in stand-by and lose nothing :)
Yes i would know i had that phone , but start using it and it will drain 10x more then the Note 5 , LG3 only standby is good but you can't ever get 5 to 6 , 7, 8 hrs SOT, so i pass it on the LG 3 to my daughter last year, it's a nice phone but eats way to much battery once you use it, nothing compared to Note 5 tho which will last way way longer.

ksm09

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I don't know what stand by is for you. For me I am getting 5 pushed email accounts, 5 weather apps updating between every 15 minutes or once an hour, and Tapatalk pushing replies all night long. Any of them might cause led notifications. I doubt you can get 12 hours of all that for zero electricity but razr maxx hd could do it on 2%-5% of battery.
Why would you need 5 weather apps ? And update every 15 min ? And 5 emails ? Ok then.... It's true i've didn't had anything to sync in background, no push no nothing :)

ksm09

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Yes i would know i had that phone , but start using it and it will drain 10x more then the Note 5 , LG3 only standby is good but you can't ever get 5 to 6 , 7, 8 hrs SOT, so i pass it on the LG 3 to my daughter last year, it's a nice phone but eats way to much battery once you use it, nothing compared to Note 5 tho which will last way way longer.
Hahah, true, sometimes i get 2 hrs sot, so awful. You get 6-8 hrs from the 5 ?

TheMatrix31

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
How much percentage of battery life is "Android System" using with those who are getting the greatest battery life?

Consistently seeing my "Android System" dwarfing everything else in GSam. Which I expect, but maybe not to that degree. Number is consistently over 25%. Is that about right? I have 19 hours since last charge but I took a 4 hour nap and slept overnight too. Not sure what the deal is. I always have wifi on when I'm at home. Off when driving. Live in a generally good signal area. I have plenty of access to chargers but I just figure given my usage, the battery should last much longer and I'm wondering if anything is wrong.

Screenshot_2015-11-29-23-51-41.jpgScreenshot_2015-11-29-23-51-47.jpgScreenshot_2015-11-29-23-52-20.jpgScreenshot_2015-11-29-23-52-25.jpg

linkiik121

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
How much percentage of battery life is "Android System" using with those who are getting the greatest battery life?

Consistently seeing my "Android System" dwarfing everything else in GSam. Which I expect, but maybe not to that degree. Number is consistently over 25%. Is that about right? I have 19 hours since last charge but I took a 4 hour nap and slept overnight too. Not sure what the deal is. I always have wifi on when I'm at home. Off when driving. Live in a generally good signal area. I have plenty of access to chargers but I just figure given my usage, the battery should last much longer and I'm wondering if anything is wrong.

View attachment 207717View attachment 207718View attachment 207719View attachment 207720

Why does Gsam and the stock battery Manger have different screen times and off charger times?

I'm not familiar with gsam app, I downloaded it and deleted it in two days. The first day I Installed it, I went to sleep it lost 12% over night and the second day i had another battery drain over night. After removing the app the battery returned to normal. Not really sure why the app drained so much battery for me.
Anyway, just wondering why the difference with the app.

1000.jpg

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Why would you need 5 weather apps ? And update every 15 min ? And 5 emails ? Ok then.... It's true i've didn't had anything to sync in background, no push no nothing :)
Accuweather syncs with gear 2. Beweather for widget on home page. Amber weather widget on pqge 2 (trying itnout because beweather is no longer serviced and loses sync sometimes. Trouble is amber weather is too slow to change location as I travel. I also run NECN, Weatherbug, and a local news station in the background because I like to double check. I like reading about the weather. All the other stuff is work related except gmail. I buy top quality smartphonss so they can handle high demand. I plug in in my car and at home so seldom have battery get too low. I just don't like charging li ion batteries unattended and I do not want phone calls when asleep so turning off phone at bedtime works best for me. I do leave my backup razr maxx hd running all night with all notifications shut off so I can rapidly check email when I wake up. Phone calls can wait.

Mind you I do not have a note 5. I just like reading about note 5 for when I get one if prices get low enough.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
It could be GSam causing the drain for those who are getting poor battery performance. According to play store reviews, many are having drain issues.

rpoli86

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Is it normal to wake up, take phone off charger (no apps open), get showered and dressed (maybe 25 min) go downstairs to car and be down to 95% already?

Battery drain has been a big issue for me, I did a factory reset 3 weeks ago, didn't help.

ALSLZ0159

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
My phone drops to 96% after about an hour. After 2 hours it drops to 90%. I dont even use the phone. Really hope marshallow fixes this stand by drain.

Posted via the Android Central App

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Is it normal to wake up, take phone off charger (no apps open), get showered and dressed (maybe 25 min) go downstairs to car and be down to 95% already?

Battery drain has been a big issue for me, I did a factory reset 3 weeks ago, didn't help.
Not normal, i go to work and after 2 hrs stays at 100% after 2hrs then it drops 1% a few minutes later.

hoofbeats95

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
Not normal, i go to work and after 2 hrs stays at 100% after 2hrs then it drops 1% a few minutes later.

I'd be all up on this phone if I could guarantee your battery life. I've been watching this thread cause I returned three S6 phones, and I just don't know if I feel confident in the note 5 battery life. I'm jealous of 2 hours at 100%!