Note 5 Battery life thread

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
My google play services was unusually high (almost twice what the screen on time was) until I disabled location services. Much better now.

I went into Google settings and location and mine is off. Is that only place to go? I have location off in the quick setting

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I found this youtube video with a few things to try. You can skip to 2:20 on the video to get to the important part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M14CWF5gnT8

There are two main things he mentioned to turn off. Google location history, and Android Device Manager, which is under Device Administrators.

I just turned them two off and am going to monitor it. If still no good results, then I'm going to call AT&T for a replacement. I just hate getting a refurb for my two month old phone.

I can't find android device manager. Where is it located? Can you give the menu steps to find it?

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I can't find android device manager. Where is it located? Can you give the menu steps to find it?

In Settings / Lock screen / Other Security Settings / Phone administrator.

In there you should see Android Device Manager. On my Verizon Note 5, it was off by default. On my AT&T Note 5, it was on, so I turned it off.

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
In Settings / Lock screen / Other Security Settings / Phone administrator.

In there you should see Android Device Manager. On my Verizon Note 5, it was off by default. On my AT&T Note 5, it was on, so I turned it off.

Thanks.

What do you know... I'm on Verizon and mine was on. Turned it off.

What exactly does it do?

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks.

What do you know... I'm on Verizon and mine was on. Turned it off.

What exactly does it do?

Allows you to locate your phone in the event you lose it. Also allows for remotely locking and wiping it if it's stolen.

From my AT&T Platinum Gold Note 5

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
All good here on my AT&T Note 5
93b4c1b3c51af900bd23f4a7647a4576.jpg

3350e3552eab42b652c641dedec9a5cf.jpg

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Another crappy night of battery life. Lost 18% overnight and had WiFi set on "only on when plugged in" so it was off all night.

It used to be good overnight. Maybe would lose 4 or 5 %.

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
So today my battery life was pretty good. I don't know if it's a coincidence, or maybe something I was tweaking.

I woke up, turned on my phone with 100% battery. Uninstalled Gsam, rebooted phone and cleared cache, and turned OFF WiFi. I ran with WiFi turned off all day.

And my battery life was much better. Phone is on for 15 hours, most of it idling cause I was at work, and I am down to 72% battery left.

This was with my AT&T Note 5.

So it appears that I am having the WiFi bug that some on here have mentioned. Sounds like a software bug that won't be fixed until we get Marshmellow. Weird bug though, being as Android has always had better battery life when on WiFi in the past. Samsung's programmers must be slipping.

One thing I don't understand is that my Verizon Note 5 has version OJ3, and my AT&T Note 5 is still on OJ1. I wonder why AT&T hasn't updated yet?

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I just got and LG V 10 and the phone is getting hot and discharging like crazy. From 4 a.m. to 9:45 this morning the phone went from 100% battery life - 30% battery life while I was sleeping. I have a feeling the the LTE radio is killing the phone. It never happened with my galaxy note 2. It got hot at times but only when I was using it. The v10 is getting hot just sitting there.

I'm charging it now and it doesn't seem to be as hot because I shut off data. That's okay when I'm at home or in the office but when I'm out I need data on. I am having this feeling that the note 5s are having the same problem. If they are, I'm really stuck between a rock and a hard place because switching to a note 5 could give me the same poor life without the possibility of a spare battery. Still using AT&T, like I did on the note 2 and the same programs that I had on the note 2, with probably a few less because I haven't loaded everything up yet.

I got a free tablet the LG GPad 8 with the phone, of course have to pay AT&T $240 for it over the next two years, but that is essential to share the responsibilities of the day and battery life with the phone. Are there any deals on tablets when you buy a Samsung phone now? I really don't know what to do and my thoughts are even heading towards looking at the iPhone, some of you if you know me, it's just not a place I usually go because of what Apple has done with its tax inversion.

So, I'm curious what your gonna do and if you're satisfied with your galaxy note 5 then maybe I'll look at that

KelseyRo4

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I hate to be another person asking this question, but can anyone tell me if this looks normal? I'm trying to decide if I should leave my location on or not, and this was with it on.

Attachments

• 15773.jpg
    15773.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 74

linkiik121

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I hate to be another person asking this question, but can anyone tell me if this looks normal? I'm trying to decide if I should leave my location on or not, and this was with it on.

Leave it on. It shouldn't have any real impact on the battery.

RC51 RIDER

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
I have good battery life on my Note 5 frome T mobile , however I'm going to try this tonight and see :)

Posted via the Android Central App RC51 RIDER W/ NOTE 5

linkiik121

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site

Looks good.... Whats Normal is hard to say. Somedays, I get 5 hours screen time, others I get 6+. Depends on a lot of things. Where you go, how much your moving around, what apps you used, was the phone used more outside under the sun or in a darker room, etc... too many things to list.

With 5 hours SOT. I would say your phone is fine