Note 5 Battery life thread

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I use that and I stopped updating my Facebook because it stopped working. This is the Facebook version I'm on.

Attachments

• 1452382632589.jpg
    1452382632589.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 40

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
It is there. Android System isn't too high, higher than mine is normally. I've seen it up to 20 and 30 percent before.

How many hours of screen time do you have?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hmm.. 2 hours isn't that good for what you have been using.

What kind of stuff have you been doing on the phone?

First, but f you do not have GSAM installed, go to the Play Store and download it.

Under WiFi and advanced, do you have all of this turned off like I do?

Attachments

• 1452390699838.jpg
    1452390699838.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 34

aspiller1998

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Hmm.. 2 hours isn't that good for what you have been using.

What kind of stuff have you been doing on the phone?

First, but f you do not have GSAM installed, go to the Play Store and download it.

Under WiFi and advanced, do you have all of this turned off like I do?
All are off under WiFi. Today I've been texting people on messenger, facebook, insta, and snap chat. Nothing major like live streaming video or anything, no gaming either.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok.. Set GSam to keep up with "Since last full charge". Charge your phone before bed, unplug it, let the phone run through the night and then through the day. Then I want you to post your battery stats page again and the screenshot of the GSam page.

Just use your phone as normal, don't top off the charge during the day, I want to see all the stats on one charge.

aspiller1998

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Ok.. Set GSam to keep up with "Since last full charge". Charge your phone before bed, unplug it, let the phone run through the night and then through the day. Then I want you to post your battery stats page again and the screenshot of the GSam page.

Just use your phone as normal, don't top off the charge during the day, I want to see all the stats on one charge.
Will do! Thanks so much for trying to help me find out what's going on, I appreciate it! Thing is, when I got this thing in September android system & os were fine and got about 5.5 hrs of SOT total until November and then android system and os started going nuts.

aspiller1998

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
No new apps or software updates. I've cleared the cache, disabled bloat, virtually everything I did to my knowledge. Stay awake time still counts up like crazy even in safe mode.

aspiller1998

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Oh... In safe mode too? That is a problem.

How long have you had the phone?
Since the week before last of September. I had this dead on same problem with my galaxy s5, it also stayed awake in safe mode. I even had a software reflash done at best buy and nothing. Since then I gave it to my brother and guess what? Android system and os are now behaving... I do not get this at all.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
If it wasn't in safe mode, I would say it is an app causing it.

You should have had some updates since you got the phone.. Hasn't AT&T released updates? I've gotten an update every month.

aspiller1998

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
If it wasn't in safe mode, I would say it is an app causing it.

You should have had some updates since you got the phone.. Hasn't AT&T released updates? I've gotten an update every month.
I have gotten updates, but the issue didn't start after the last update which I believe was in October. Not so sure.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
When did the issue start for you? AT&T isn't doing the monthly Google security updates?

What we might do is let you run it normally for one charge and them run it in safe mode for one charge and compare both stats.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power