Note 5 Battery life thread

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Can somebody help me out here? Went to bed at around 79-75% battery. Turned on ultra power saving mode too, and when i woke up, i was down to 50% after around 5hrs? Thats never happened to me before. Android system and android os popped up and seems to be draining my battery. What's happening?

Do you have a dual SIM phone?

tan_pg

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Are there note 5's that are only single sim? Yup i do use both sim slots. Ive had the phone for around 4 months now. This is the first time something like this has happened.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes, most have a single SIM. That first one, is the signal always that low?

You will need to do the same thing I said above, charge the phone, run it post the battery stats, install GSam and set it the same and post the stats from that also.

zCirca

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
Another question: I don't remember anyone posting screenshots of what they have their vibration frequency at (if on at all). May be be a strange question, however, I know it affects battery life or was listed as something to change to help battery life. Possibly what Ruben Ocasio, Kelly Kearns, and others with high SOT/battery life. Thanks :)

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Another question: I don't remember anyone posting screenshots of what they have their vibration frequency at (if on at all). May be be a strange question, however, I know it affects battery life or was listed as something to change to help battery life. Possibly what Ruben Ocasio, Kelly Kearns, and others with high SOT/battery life. Thanks :)

You mean the vibrate for ringing and notifications, etc?

Leonard Shoon

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Can somebody help me out here? Went to bed at around 79-75% battery. Turned on ultra power saving mode too, and when i woke up, i was down to 50% after around 5hrs? Thats never happened to me before. Android system and android os popped up and seems to be draining my battery. What's happening?

I have the same problem. Using two sims slots too.

Posted via the Android Central App

KelseyRo4

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Hmmmmm that's odd. Before my WiFi wasn't taking up any battery, and now all of a sudden it's sucking up a lot of battery life. It's like something got switched over night 😡😡

Posted via the Android Central App

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
GSam sucked up 15% of my battery in 30 min. Talk about a bad app. There's where your battery life is going. Sure it's useful to track a rogue app, but not good to leave running at all.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
GSam isn't a battery sucker app. You are literally the only person I have heard say that, ever and I've had this app forever.

I've heard it before. In fact, several reviews on play store said it as well.
Edit--seems that was a previous version with the issue.
I think it's even been mentioned in this thread.

From my AT&T Platinum Gold Note 5

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
No I installed it this morning for the first time on my note 5 and it just started to drain quick. Maybe it's just an install issue. If that is the case then who knows what kind of havoc can be caused by corrupted installs. Had the same thing happen on my wife's note 5 with fb. I did notice that some apps that were disabled when I got my phone where enabled again. Leads me to think these new galaxy phones have a backdoor for the cell companies to do what they want. My phone got setup without a sim over wifi then when I got my sim card all sorts of crap was instantly installed without an update. That maybe why no one can find the mystery battery drain. I say that because today my battery is at 71% even after the GSam drained it and I uninstalled it. Yesterday it went lick hotcakes.

aspiller1998

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Well I sure wouldn't get rid of that, you will never find that again.
Stats from the last several hours.
712428c51a19d84d53d8d2b66286403a.jpg
7937de6a9377365d1e6f383c9672d7b2.jpg
777390584b4986bff091f2941592cd32.jpg
6a5dd4c79a47102c0d89804e7c56b79a.jpg
25145041ba50629596399ce56f4db637.jpg

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
No I installed it this morning for the first time on my note 5 and it just started to drain quick. Maybe it's just an install issue. If that is the case then who knows what kind of havoc can be caused by corrupted installs. Had the same thing happen on my wife's note 5 with fb. I did notice that some apps that were disabled when I got my phone where enabled again. Leads me to think these new galaxy phones have a backdoor for the cell companies to do what they want. My phone got setup without a sim over wifi then when I got my sim card all sorts of crap was instantly installed without an update. That maybe why no one can find the mystery battery drain. I say that because today my battery is at 71% even after the GSam drained it and I uninstalled it. Yesterday it went lick hotcakes.

Something is wrong with your phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel