Note 5 Battery life thread

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I've come to the conclusion that this phone is just randomly up and down for me. After stressing for a while about what happened with my Package Disabler Pro and my phone going haywire with battery once I disabled stuff again + having Knox forced on me (I think maybe I disabled something I shouldn't have, creating some battery issues), I re-enabled everything again disabled stuff, this time only disabling the stuff according to a screenshot I posted in this thread in early December. Just now decided to disable S Finder and S Voice and OneNote. I don't use them but hopefully it doesn't break anything if I disable them with PDP.

For two days my battery was really, really good with my normal use. Screen time low but I went over 24 hours without having to charge. Fast forward to yesterday and today and it's pretty inexplicable again. Didn't even use Spotify today and my phone is down to 39% and it's only been off battery for 11 hours. Guess this is just how it is.

I've disabled One Note and S Voice
Didn't break the device, so you should be fine.

Nathan Innocent

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
I disabled a lot of things I didn't use. I noticed a huge difference. Went from 11 hours and 3 hours of SOT to like 12-13 with 5 hours SOT.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 521.jpg
    521.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 185

tentativeuser

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I've disabled absolutely everything I don't use.

I had a conversation with a Samsung chat person today, where they told me to boot into Safe Mode and then "observe." I asked what specifically I should be observing for, so as to actually gather usable information, and he just kept repeating the word "observe" as if it explained itself. The question was then going to be, I suppose, if the problem continued in Safe Mode.

dbrad4d

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I experimented with using the Google Now launcher instead of the Samsung TouchWiz launcher and my battery life has been 3X better. Anyone else noticed that?

srinathp1988

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I see many peopl posting extraordinary battery lives with screen time of 5 to 6 hours or even more. I had a note 3 earlier and battery life of note 5 seems similar to that. Usually i take out the phone from the charger at 7 am and when i come home at 5 or 6 in the evening, the battery is around 20 %. I have 4g on for around 5 hours and wifi on for around 4 hours.The average on screen time i get is 2 to 2.5 hours only.Is there anything i can to get a better battery life?

Attachments

• 5045.jpg
    5045.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 140

srinathp1988

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I see many peopl posting extraordinary battery lives with screen time of 5 to 6 hours or even more. I had a note 3 earlier and battery life of note 5 seems similar to that. Usually i take out the phone from the charger at 7 am and when i come home at 5 or 6 in the evening, the battery is around 20 %. I have 4g on for around 5 hours and wifi on for around 4 hours.The average on screen time i get is 2 to 2.5 hours only.Is there anything i can to get a better battery life?

Attachments

• 5044.jpg
    5044.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 74

dennisharrison

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
So has the Verizon version of this phone been a common thread amongst those encountering power difficulties?

More prevalent than any other carrier. However, is this because more users on these forums are on Verizon? Don't know. Mine is Verizon, and the battery is OK. My other two devices are an iPhone 6, and a OnePlus One, they both whip the Note 5. OnePlus One > iPhone 6 > Note 5 - but, I'm using Android Wear on this device and that eats a bit of battery (Google Play Services). Regularly getting 4-5.5 hours of screen on time per full charge. I've resigned myself to taking a portable battery with quick charge most places with me, enjoying the confidence in having 2.5 extra charges :)

Hope this opinion piece helped!

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
More prevalent than any other carrier. However, is this because more users on these forums are on Verizon? Don't know. Mine is Verizon, and the battery is OK. My other two devices are an iPhone 6, and a OnePlus One, they both whip the Note 5. OnePlus One > iPhone 6 > Note 5 - but, I'm using Android Wear on this device and that eats a bit of battery (Google Play Services). Regularly getting 4-5.5 hours of screen on time per full charge. I've resigned myself to taking a portable battery with quick charge most places with me, enjoying the confidence in having 2.5 extra charges :)

Hope this opinion piece helped!

I'm on Verizon and I think this is carrier related. I'm a fairly moderate to heavy user but mostly email and Web browsing. Very little else. A lot of texting and about 90 minutes of phone use.

I'm getting 10-12 hours and 3.5 SOT before I get the battery warning. Not terrible. But definitely not what others who are on another carrier get.

I added a range extender to my home and it has improved the cell connection BUT that said, my highest battery draw continues to be Cell Standby by far. When I turn off wifi it seems to decrease but not by a ton.

I'm not worried about battery right now but I'm also getting Pissed because I've bought two different fast charge car chargers and within 1 month it's no longer fast charging. I don't get why. Worked great initially but then just stopped working.

If iPhone 7 plus has a larger battery as tju are claiming, 18% more time, I might end up going back. I got 12 hours easy on my 6+. If they could get 14 to 16 hours I'd seriously be tempted to go back and forgo the pen features that I really like.

KelseyRo4

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I recently uninstalled package disabler pro, and I noticed that my SOT went from 5 hours to barely 4. I reinstalled it today, but instead of disabling all bloatware, I manually disabled some apps I know I never use, like amazon, Facebook, Instagram, Verizon navigator, etc, and I already notice the difference in my battery. I have 5 hours SOT already, after just one day of use. Weird thing is I disabled all these things through settings, but it didn't make a difference until I did it with package disabler :/ weird

dennisharrison

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and I think this is carrier related. I'm a fairly moderate to heavy user but mostly email and Web browsing. Very little else. A lot of texting and about 90 minutes of phone use.

I'm getting 10-12 hours and 3.5 SOT before I get the battery warning. Not terrible. But definitely not what others who are on another carrier get.

I added a range extender to my home and it has improved the cell connection BUT that said, my highest battery draw continues to be Cell Standby by far. When I turn off wifi it seems to decrease but not by a ton.

I'm not worried about battery right now but I'm also getting Pissed because I've bought two different fast charge car chargers and within 1 month it's no longer fast charging. I don't get why. Worked great initially but then just stopped working.

If iPhone 7 plus has a larger battery as tju are claiming, 18% more time, I might end up going back. I got 12 hours easy on my 6+. If they could get 14 to 16 hours I'd seriously be tempted to go back and forgo the pen features that I really like.

Fast charge is cable temperamental. If you've used a known good cable in the car and its not fast charging, does the phone fast charge via AC power with the same cable? If so it's probably am amperage issue w/ connection in car.

Also, I hardly use the pen - still like this phone more than anything else I've used. I'm curious what people regularly use the pen for.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Fast charge is cable temperamental. If you've used a known good cable in the car and its not fast charging, does the phone fast charge via AC power with the same cable? If so it's probably am amperage issue w/ connection in car.

Also, I hardly use the pen - still like this phone more than anything else I've used. I'm curious what people regularly use the pen for.

It's not a USB type car charger but just built for cig lighter/charging port. It used to say Fast Charging buy over time stopped saying that at all.

For pen I use it frequently. Take notes in a pinch, clip articles and share them or highlight them and send to people. I love that feature.

But again I'm willing to dump that if I could get a phone that gave me 14 hours with heavy use on Verizon.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Was the fifty one percent at midnight. Was at forty three percent at 7am. Great or not? I didn't hit do other disturb.

I will go from 100% at around midnight to 98 or 97% when waking at 6am. So I only lose 2 or 3% and I don't use DND either. Something is syncing or draining your battery faster than it should.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user