Note 5 Battery life thread

srinathp1988

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I will go from 100% at around midnight to 98 or 97% when waking at 6am. So I only lose 2 or 3% and I don't use DND either. Something is syncing or draining your battery faster than it should.

Posted via the Android Central App

Do you have wi fi turned on or off?

abdullah1982

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
I found the biggest drainer in Google Settings>Location Service>Google location history. Turned it Off and saved quiet a lot. Also keep my wifi and 3G always on but keep location off when not using.

Sd-black theme also saves battery on my phone and I also changed Always allow scanning in wifi>more to scan only when wifi is on. So when I am out of home/office and when wifi is off it doesnt keep scanning. currently getting around 24-30 hours of battery life.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I found the biggest drainer in Google Settings>Location Service>Google location history. Turned it Off and saved quiet a lot. Also keep my wifi and 3G always on but keep location off when not using.

Sd-black theme also saves battery on my phone and I also changed Always allow scanning in wifi>more to scan only when wifi is on. So when I am out of home/office and when wifi is off it doesnt keep scanning. currently getting around 24-30 hours of battery life.

Yep. That was one of the draining issues. Good job for fixing it!

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Sounds good..try draining it all the way to 0%?

Not a wise idea as lithium ion batteries don't do well if you deplete them all the way it's a good way to kill the battery for good but if you want it to last then keep it away from 0%. You can drain it to like 2 or 3% but I wouldn't venture lower than that.

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
How to improve Btery Life

There is an app on the Google Play Store called Package Disabler Pro it is a paid app but it is worth it trust me improved my battery life by allot. I used to get around 3 to 4 hours of on screen time with 14 or so hours total on battery and after this I get round 6 to 7 hours on screen time with upwards of 17+ hours of total time on battery. I haven't truly tested it this is just t I get of it by the end of the day sometimes when I'm more active on it there are apps and services that are safe to disable you can experiment with the app if you want to but I'm posting a list of apps that I found on the internet that are safe.

There are other ways to save battery life that are like disabling location when not in use, using dark wallpapers over colored ones as Super AMOLED displays are better on dark colors. If don't mind black wallpapers for both lock screen and home screen, then that is the best way to go and changing up the theme to a darker theme helps to. Turning off the always scanning feature on the Wi-Fi settings menu helps some to I just read that today. I'm sure there is more you can do to save power like screen timeout. Using Developer Options helps too and it can also speed up your phone to unlock developer options look it up on YouTube to learn how to do it I think it's by tapping on build number a set number of times to get to the build number go to about device or about phone then find build number. In developer options turn on Force GPU Rendering and turn off animations or turn them to .5x if you like the animations I have mine off as I don't care for them. Don't mess with background processes as that will make the phone or device limited in what it can do and may drain the battery more than saving it as it would have to re-open the apps that you use keep it on standard limit and with the other tweaks it will be fine.

Other apps to install to help with battery life: ShutApp once your setup the apps that you don't want it to kill and place it on the home page of your choice or in a folder of your choice I keep it out on my second page so I can get to it easily. Also change the launcher to one that suits your needs I use Nova launcher prime but you can use which ever one you want to once you set that up on the package disabler pro app disable Touch Wiz app and any other Samsung services you don't use like S-Voice and what not plus what is in the list above you will be set.

I also use SD Maid Pro as it's the best cleaner I found you can use the free version if you want to but I recommend buying the pro version I used to use Clean Master but I found that one to be intrusive with how it runs in the background and SD Maid isn't intrusive and is simple and easy to use and does the job very well in my book.

With the lock screen if you don't have it setup for any kind of security and just have it on swipe go to unlock effect and set it to none this will help with speeding up the unlocking of your device. Just like keeping location off unless you need it same goes for Bluetooth and if you’re out and about away from Wi-Fi turn that off as well the only time Wi-Fi should be on is at home, work, or Wi-Fi hot spots like coffee shops and fast food joints. Turning off most of the special features like smart stay and other kind of features like that can help out too and in the long run every little bit helps.

I think this is the best information I have gathered if I find more I will add to this list or if I forgot anything or if you know of more battery saving techniques please feel free to post a reply and add to this. I wanted to post this info that I have gathered so it's all in one centralized location and you don't have to go all over the place trying to find better ways to save battery like I did. Plus, one post I read this person got their Note 5 to last for 12 hours on screen time and that's amazing I would like to see the iPhone get the same in fact it would be nice if all mobile devices could get that kind of life on one charge. I hope you enjoyed reading this and I hope it helps you achieve better battery life and feel free to comment.

Note: Package Disabler Pro is for Samsung devices only so if you have a different branded phone skip this app and just use the others and find out more of what you can do with your device.

Last edited by a moderator:

srinathp1988

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: How to improve Btery Life

There is an app on the Google Play Store called Package Disabler Pro it is a paid app but it is worth it trust me improved my battery life by allot. I used to get around 3 to 4 hours of on screen time with 14 or so hours total on battery and after this I get round 6 to 7 hours on screen time with upwards of 17+ hours of total time on battery. I haven't truly tested it this is just t I get of it by the end of the day sometimes when I'm more active on it there are apps and services that are safe to disable you can experiment with the app if you want to but I'm posting a list of apps that I found on the internet that are safe.

There are other ways to save battery life that are like disabling location when not in use, using dark wallpapers over colored ones as Super AMOLED displays are better on dark colors. If don't mind black wallpapers for both lock screen and home screen, then that is the best way to go and changing up the theme to a darker theme helps to. Turning off the always scanning feature on the Wi-Fi settings menu helps some to I just read that today. I'm sure there is more you can do to save power like screen timeout. Using Developer Options helps too and it can also speed up your phone to unlock developer options look it up on YouTube to learn how to do it I think it's by tapping on build number a set number of times to get to the build number go to about device or about phone then find build number. In developer options turn on Force GPU Rendering and turn off animations or turn them to .5x if you like the animations I have mine off as I don't care for them. Don't mess with background processes as that will make the phone or device limited in what it can do and may drain the battery more than saving it as it would have to re-open the apps that you use keep it on standard limit and with the other tweaks it will be fine.

Other apps to install to help with battery life: ShutApp once your setup the apps that you don't want it to kill and place it on the home page of your choice or in a folder of your choice I keep it out on my second page so I can get to it easily. Also change the launcher to one that suits your needs I use Nova launcher prime but you can use which ever one you want to once you set that up on the package disabler pro app disable Touch Wiz app and any other Samsung services you don't use like S-Voice and what not plus what is in the list above you will be set.

I also use SD Maid Pro as it's the best cleaner I found you can use the free version if you want to but I recommend buying the pro version I used to use Clean Master but I found that one to be intrusive with how it runs in the background and SD Maid isn't intrusive and is simple and easy to use and does the job very well in my book.

With the lock screen if you don't have it setup for any kind of security and just have it on swipe go to unlock effect and set it to none this will help with speeding up the unlocking of your device. Just like keeping location off unless you need it same goes for Bluetooth and if you’re out and about away from Wi-Fi turn that off as well the only time Wi-Fi should be on is at home, work, or Wi-Fi hot spots like coffee shops and fast food joints. Turning off most of the special features like smart stay and other kind of features like that can help out too and in the long run every little bit helps.

I think this is the best information I have gathered if I find more I will add to this list or if I forgot anything or if you know of more battery saving techniques please feel free to post a reply and add to this. I wanted to post this info that I have gathered so it's all in one centralized location and you don't have to go all over the place trying to find better ways to save battery like I did. Plus, one post I read this person got their Note 5 to last for 12 hours on screen time and that's amazing I would like to see the iPhone get the same in fact it would be nice if all mobile devices could get that kind of life on one charge. I hope you enjoyed reading this and I hope it helps you achieve better battery life and feel free to comment.

Note: Package Disabler Pro is for Samsung devices only so if you have a different branded phone skip this app and just use the others and find out more of what you can do with your device.

Is there a specific list of apps you have disabled using package disabler? I read some reviews in play store suggesting that their phone bricked on clicking "disable all bloatware" . So for now I have disbaled only the at&t and Samsung apps which i dont use and I don't see much of a difference in battery life

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Re: How to improve Btery Life

Is there a specific list of apps you have disabled using package disabler? I read some reviews in play store suggesting that their phone bricked on clicking "disable all bloatware" . So for now I have disbaled only the at&t and Samsung apps which i dont use and I don't see much of a difference in battery life

I followed the list I provided in the post I haven't had any issues with what I disabled. I wouldn't tell the app to disable all bloatware better off doing it manually like I did I can see why that might brick a device as it may think something's bloatware and disable a system service or app that is needed for the OS so long as you follow the list in my post you shouldn't have any issues. What would help is to copy the text from my post into a notepad app on your computer then use the Ctrl+F to find the app as you go down the list in the package disabler app from top to bottom it might take a few to finish the whole list but it's worth it if you ask me.

dougdraws

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm a paranoid battery freak. I have a paranoia of running out of battery...lol

With a new device fresh out of the box, the first thing you should do is charge it up. You’re basically following the manufacturer’s instructions here, and letting it discharge completely straightaway isn’t a good idea.

However, this doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t let it discharge at all. You will need to have an idea of how long your battery lasts, so letting the charge run down is something you should do. If you’re concerned about this and don’t want to discharge completely (note this shouldn’t damage a Li-ion cell), wait until the low battery warning shows and then recharge.

[excerpt taken from Keep Your Android’s Battery Healthy]

Prem Kulpy

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
Guys is this normal?
I use mobile data like 12hours per day..
Screetime on averages 4hrs..

Attachments

• 11797.jpg
    11797.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 143

jjsaw5

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Just yesterday, my phone died after being off the charger for 3 hours. Today, same deal.

Didn't have much on the phone so i factory reset it. Today...full charge battery from 100% to 80 in 1 hour 30 minutes. Haven't touched the phone in that time frame, first time i turned the screen on was to check the life.

Do you think my battery went bad?

KelseyRo4

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that their phone holds a charge better when charged with the fast charger as opposed to another one, such as an iPhone charger? I'm starting to wonder if it makes a difference because aside from the voltage being higher on the Samsung charger, idk what other difference there could be. When I use my fast charger, I get about 5 hours SOT. When I use my iphone charger, I get like 3. Could this play a part, or am I crazy lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12